Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elisabell-angel enraged
I've got 10,000 words so far.. and I'm behind.. Freaking out. This pace is killing me.

You're ahead of me. And that's not too far behind. A few word wars and a couple ten minute sessions on Write or Die and you would be set. smile

Peaceful Lunatic

Emikay
Ysavvryl

They chose NaNo because it is a quiet month... for those who aren't in school, which I think was the original group who did this. It's not end of quarter, so businesses aren't in a big push to get things done, and Thanksgiving is the major American holiday, which usually takes only two or three days out of people's schedules. December has the problem of finals, though; most students would not be able to participate the first or even the second week due to that, and they might not want to do even more work after that. And then there's Christmas and other winter holiday vacations for a lot of people. And it's an even thirty days too.

They actually did one this August, and will probably do another next August, so you could look forward to that.

I didn't know that there was an August NaNo! Is it hosted on the same site or a different site?

It's the same organization running it, but I think they use a different site, like with Script Frenzy (sometime in spring, but I never write scripts so I'm not sure) and the Young Writer's Program. If you're with the NaNo site, they send emails prior to events.
Ysavvryl
It's the same organization running it, but I think they use a different site, like with Script Frenzy (sometime in spring, but I never write scripts so I'm not sure) and the Young Writer's Program. If you're with the NaNo site, they send emails prior to events.

Ah. Well, I will have to check it out. I knew about Script Frenzy, and I did it one year, but scripts weren't really my thing. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff