Welcome to Gaia! ::

7k so far. I'd have more, but there was a new MLP to be watched... and... Naruto... *CoughI'manarutoardcough* supper to be had. Yes, supper. For four hours. stare

Dapper Man-Lover

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
Just starting.
This is gonna be epic.
BadassUke
Just starting.
This is gonna be epic.

Welcome and good luck!
surprised What do betas do in this case, exactly? I know the point of NaNoWriMo is just to get the words out, so I wouldn't want to cause a writer unnecessary stress by telling them how they should edit everything. Do they function more as people to bounce ideas off of? And as cheerleaders? *waves pompoms*
Naamari
surprised What do betas do in this case, exactly?

Mostly to bounce ideas off of yes, and to cheer them on, but also to help with editing if a writer asks for it mid stream.

And, when all is said and done, the Beta reader may go over the writer's story in it's entirety to help with the editing and proof reading. (Personally I want to do my own proof reading, as I know my rough is going to be ROUGH, but others may feel differently.)

Thank you for the question. ^_^

Beloved Poster

Hiya~
Anyone doing the 15k By Sunday?
I was trying to but I don't know if I'll be able to get 3k in 3.5hrs.

I also need plot help.... sweatdrop

Can I have someone to bounce ideas off of? I promise I won't bounce them hard enough to bruise!!
Senny Paine
Hiya~
Anyone doing the 15k By Sunday?
I was trying to but I don't know if I'll be able to get 3k in 3.5hrs.

I also need plot help.... sweatdrop

Can I have someone to bounce ideas off of? I promise I won't bounce them hard enough to bruise!!

I don't think I'll get to 15K, but I'd like to hit 12K. I have many more hours to go before the day officially ends, so, Maybe I can get that far. ^_^

Can you give us the over view of the story?

Beloved Poster

TT Snim
Can you give us the over view of the story?

Quote:
Most people thought Adamm was the first man, but that was their mistake, he was the first God, followed by the Goddess, Lunadore, and then the six Ancients. The Ancients were the creators and protectors of magic. Two fell on the evil side of things, two neutral, and the last two good. Three male and three female. No one was immortal, just the soul, and in each generation the God, the Goddess, and the Ancients were reborn and destined to come together once more. That was how it was, that was how it would be, but in each lifetime souls would change, desire new things, and have new interests. Magic existed, but it was hidden just out of view from most humans.

Ancients:
Good - Emmeline and Winston
Neutral - Demetrius and Marcus
Evil - Prudence and Graham

Gist of the plot I have so far [because screw outlines, that's why?]:::

1. Exposition [meet the characters]
        2. Graham and Prudence seem to have an issue with Good always "being on top".
        3. Demetrius gets a premonition [vision of the future] of Graham and Prudence starting a war, exposing witches and Prudence tainting good witches as evil. The witch trials set anew and Ayil and Attila [random witches, not main characters] will be the first to burn at the stake.
        4. Demetrius warns Ayil and Attila, and tries to get Marcus to listen to her but Marcus refuses. Demetrius now thinks Marcus is evil.
        5. Demetrius enters Graham's mind to figure out his master plan. He wants vengeance on Adamm for not being recognized/loved. He has daddy issues, essentially.
        6. Graham possesses Demetrius' body, nearly kills her but Adamm heals her.
        7. A sudden storm makes Demetrius seek out Emmeline [power over weather/elements]. Demetrius finds Emmeline with Winston's dead body.

A few notes, only Demetrius and Winston get premonitions. I'm letting it be assumed that Graham killed Winston [via possessing his body] due to one of Winston's visions.
Adamm & Demetrius are forbidden lovers that no one knew about. Graham now knows.
That's interesting. Stick around this thread, it's possible a beta/buddy will come in eventually to help you with what you've got.

I, however, have my own baby to, well, baby. But that's why this thread is hear, any way, to baby my baby and maybe to get buddies. 3nodding

Dapper Man-Lover

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
TT Snim
That's interesting. Stick around this thread, it's possible a beta/buddy will come in eventually to help you with what you've got.

I, however, have my own baby to, well, baby. But that's why this thread is hear, any way, to baby my baby and maybe to get buddies. 3nodding
Hey I would love to be a beta for this thread. Im always up for tossing around ideas.

Stellar Bunny

17,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Anyone reads in spanish? emotion_kirakira

I'm still very bad writing in english, so my whole story is in spanish. Any beta reader would be apreciated, thought. sweatdrop

I'm 11,500 words until now. Ready to write a little more. emotion_yatta

Dapper Man-Lover

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
Eliza Rain
Anyone reads in spanish? emotion_kirakira

I'm still very bad writing in english, so my whole story is in spanish. Any beta reader would be apreciated, thought. sweatdrop

I'm 11,500 words until now. Ready to write a little more. emotion_yatta
Wish I could help but I can only read English. Good luck though.
12,000 words. POWER OF YOUTH! *Strikes a Might Guy Pose and cries solid tears of ethereal joy!*

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Can I request a beta? My story is almost at 25,000 and there are only like 3.5 chapters to write. I need someone to look through my stuff and let me know where they think I can add padding.

My story is about the Seven Deadly Sins and how they ruin this fictional town of Appleton.

Beloved Poster

I managed to add some more to get to 14470, but I think today is my break day.
http://chaoticshiny.com/index.php has a lot of nifty generators, like story arc, motive, etc. Maybe someone will get use from it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff