surprised What do betas do in this case, exactly? I know the point of NaNoWriMo is just to get the words out, so I wouldn't want to cause a writer unnecessary stress by telling them how they should edit everything. Do they function more as people to bounce ideas off of? And as cheerleaders? *waves pompoms*
Mostly to bounce ideas off of yes, and to cheer them on, but also to help with editing if a writer asks for it mid stream.
And, when all is said and done, the Beta reader may go over the writer's story in it's entirety to help with the editing and proof reading. (Personally I want to do my own proof reading, as I know my rough is going to be ROUGH, but others may feel differently.)
Most people thought Adamm was the first man, but that was their mistake, he was the first God, followed by the Goddess, Lunadore, and then the six Ancients. The Ancients were the creators and protectors of magic. Two fell on the evil side of things, two neutral, and the last two good. Three male and three female. No one was immortal, just the soul, and in each generation the God, the Goddess, and the Ancients were reborn and destined to come together once more. That was how it was, that was how it would be, but in each lifetime souls would change, desire new things, and have new interests. Magic existed, but it was hidden just out of view from most humans.
Ancients: Good - Emmeline and Winston Neutral - Demetrius and Marcus Evil - Prudence and Graham
Gist of the plot I have so far [because screw outlines, that's why?]:::
1. Exposition [meet the characters]
2. Graham and Prudence seem to have an issue with Good always "being on top".
3. Demetrius gets a premonition [vision of the future] of Graham and Prudence starting a war, exposing witches and Prudence tainting good witches as evil. The witch trials set anew and Ayil and Attila [random witches, not main characters] will be the first to burn at the stake.
4. Demetrius warns Ayil and Attila, and tries to get Marcus to listen to her but Marcus refuses. Demetrius now thinks Marcus is evil.
5. Demetrius enters Graham's mind to figure out his master plan. He wants vengeance on Adamm for not being recognized/loved. He has daddy issues, essentially.
6. Graham possesses Demetrius' body, nearly kills her but Adamm heals her.
7. A sudden storm makes Demetrius seek out Emmeline [power over weather/elements]. Demetrius finds Emmeline with Winston's dead body.
A few notes, only Demetrius and Winston get premonitions. I'm letting it be assumed that Graham killed Winston [via possessing his body] due to one of Winston's visions.
Adamm & Demetrius are forbidden lovers that no one knew about. Graham now knows.
I managed to add some more to get to 14470, but I think today is my break day. http://chaoticshiny.com/index.php has a lot of nifty generators, like story arc, motive, etc. Maybe someone will get use from it?