Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celebrating Streaker

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Because when I write a story I have things I want to get done, but I don't know the overall arc, just yet, but I will write something that I think should go at the start and then a paragraph later jump to something else. I am working on the outline now. I just started last night and am only about two hundred words in. But if I have to be scatter brained with my writing, how should I keep track of it because I really don't see keeping track of all of it on one word file, but at the same time I don't want to loose it.

Hilarious Phantom

9,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Write down your ideas for they story in a notebook or something, I'd say.
I just make things up as I go though because if I try to plan it in advance I'll never write it all.

Familiar Phantom

Just keep writing on whatever come to mind, come up with some kind of reminder to yourself to insert whenever you jump around and work all the details of it out in editing.
Keep writing whatever comes to mind at the moment. I've never really thought about it before, but one thing you could do to stay organized would be to number the different 'parts' of your story in a word doc, then write down in a notebook where all the numbers are.

For example:
[Scene where Terry and Jim go to taco bell]
[Scene with Terry and Jim vs dinosaurs.]

Obviously those would be real scenes, or paragraphs, or however long.
And then in your notebook or whatever write the number and then a summary of whatever it is you typed there. That way you can look back over your notebook later and figure out how to organize your information.

... Actually, I might do this for my novel. My main character likes to jump around A LOT.

Anyway, good luck to you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces