Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Loiterer

10,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
Hel-LO, Hasbro released a statement that Derpy cannot make any more appearances in season 4? What's the deal?!?
My input regarding this malarky:
Quote:

Derpy is not meant to be offensive, and that’s something those dumbass helicopter parents don’t understand. She’s not necessarily mentally retarded or anything, she’s just a ditz. I have nonverbal learning disorder, which is a high-functioning condition on the Autistic spectrum. I wasn’t offended. I’m sure plenty of kids with low-functioning Autism-like conditions liked it too. Even if she were on the Autistic spectrum, it’s great to get some representation on TV. People try to censor too many things and pretend they don’t exist. It reminds me of an argument made by the news crew who worked on the Bed Intruder story. One party said Antoine Dodson’s interview shouldn’t be played because he would give black people a bad name. Another party said, no, we’re going to play it, because “censoring people like Antoine is even worse.” Frankly, I agree whole-heartedly with that. The fact is, there are some people out there who actually act like Derpy, or Antoine Dodson, or Jar Jar Binks, or whatever contraversial character is out there, and pretending people like that don’t exist is stupid.

I say we start a petition on Change.Org to bring Derpy back. Who’s with me?

What's everyone else's thoughts on this?
UPDATE: Here's the image I found that claims this. It's a screenshot of a Reddit post apparently. Not sure if it's legit or not--I sure hope it isn't though.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Do you have any links to Hasbro's statement on this?

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100

emotion_bigheart That old news is old and nobody cares about Derpy.

Supportive Seeker

It's just a cartoon character. If people are in such a tizzy about Derpy then let them.

Liberal Loiterer

10,350 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
Plague Rattus
Do you have any links to Hasbro's statement on this?

Ugh, well, at least I thought I did. Apparently my source was actually kind of sketchy. It was a Reddit post by some guy who claimed he was an animator of the show and instructed not to put Derpy in any more frames. I dunno if it's legit anymore. Hoping it isn't.

Liberal Loiterer

10,350 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
Princess Mi Amore Cadenza

Yeah, apparently this rumor has been circulating since like Dec 12 or so, but I'm a derp and I thought it was recent news. razz My source is sketchy though, so I'm hoping this isn't legit.

Liberal Loiterer

10,350 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
Gundamu
It's just a cartoon character. If people are in such a tizzy about Derpy then let them.

Obviously. However, people have grown attached to her and don't want her canned. Whatever. I'm trying to take this "news" with a grain of salt.

Supportive Seeker

Sunshine Peach-Heart
Gundamu

Obviously. However, people have grown attached to her and don't want her canned. Whatever. I'm trying to take this "news" with a grain of salt.

Just because she won't be in future episodes doesn't mean her existence has been erased or that people can't use the character in fan created material. That's if this news is true of course.

Gatekeeper

Seriously? I had no idea. That's terrible! I hope it's not true.

Liberal Loiterer

10,350 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
KatanaXD
Seriously? I had no idea. That's terrible! I hope it's not true.

Yeah, me too. :/

Liberal Loiterer

10,350 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
Gundamu
Sunshine Peach-Heart
Gundamu

Just because she won't be in future episodes doesn't mean her existence has been erased or that people can't use the character in fan created material. That's if this news is true of course.

Very true. :3

Aged Prophet

18,500 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Cmon, "Ditzy doo" will be the pony "making a special background appearance" in the alicorn episode

Although its not said who the special appearance is...we know it will be someone that will make people happy.

Eloquent Streaker

> Derpy not making any future appearances
> mfw

No, seriously, why does this matter? Outside of the one episode where she has one minute of dialogue (which I honestly believe is all any Derpy fan remembers from that episode, the way they talk about it), her only relevance to the show was popping up in the background every so often. It's not going to destroy the show if she's no longer there.
Requiem ex Inferni
> Derpy not making any future appearances
> mfw

No, seriously, why does this matter? Outside of the one episode where she has one minute of dialogue (which I honestly believe is all any Derpy fan remembers from that episode, the way they talk about it), her only relevance to the show was popping up in the background every so often. It's not going to destroy the show if she's no longer there.

Because people like her. The fans enjoy picking her out in the background, and it was a really big outreach to us when she got a speaking role.

Questionable Conversationalist

9,600 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
I care about Derpy. emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces