Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cheery Raider

13,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Before we had the ponies of Friendship is Magic we had these fine ponies:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And to show you how things have changed here's a collection of Applejack through the years:

So who else remembers the original MLPs and where glad that they were one of the many toys/shows from the 80's that got revived like Tranformers and Strawberry Shortcake.

Dapper Werewolf

I miss the original MLP so much. It was awesome. D;

Shy Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Tycoon 200
Wrenry

And to show you how things have changed here's a collection of Applejack through the years:

So who else remembers the original MLPs and where glad that they were one of the many toys/shows from the 80's that got revived like Tranformers and Strawberry Shortcake.

those are not the 80's ponies. Those are the 90's ponies
The 80's ones were not that bad. I like them. The problem is the 90's g3 and g3.5.
Oh god! the pain!

Questionable Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I was born too late (1990) to actually watch the original 80's MLP or even buy the toys when they were still in stores. However I DID(and still do) own a few G1 ponies as a kid. I grew up with the G2 ponies but I never liked that style as much as the 80's ponies.

Questionable Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
LarienSnowpaw
Wrenry

The 80's ones were not that bad. I like them. The problem is the 90's g3 and g3.5.
Oh god! the pain!

Are you talking about that image they originally posted before the Applejack image? They're right those ponies WERE before FIM but that image is of G3 Ponies, those came out in the early to mind 2000's. MLP toys in the 90's (G2) looked like this: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shy Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Tycoon 200
Murasaki Alien
LarienSnowpaw
Wrenry

Oh god! the pain!

Are you talking about that image they originally posted before the Applejack image? They're right those ponies WERE before FIM but that image is of G3 Ponies, those came out in the early to mind 2000's. MLP toys in the 90's (G2) looked like this: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

whatever... I don't really care about the other series. G4 is the best so far

Questionable Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
LarienSnowpaw
Murasaki Alien
LarienSnowpaw
Wrenry

Oh god! the pain!

whatever... I don't really care about the other series. G4 is the best so far

Whether you care or not, G4 is still draws inspiration from the older generations, mainly G1 and G3. It's not really its own entity that's completely original. Heck some of Main 6 have the personalities of G1 ponies and are repackaged with the names of G3/3.5 ponies. The show is excellent but the toys, I think, aren't really as pretty as some the older generations.

If you're gonna correct someone you can at least get your facts straight? *shrugs* Also, have a little respect for the folks who do like the older generations. Don't just go around mindlessly bashing them since they aren't all bad.
I adore the 80s version. The newer ones are nice, but not as original as of course the original XD
But they did a good job, specially to get so many into the fandom
Fading Fantasma
User Image

I do!

GUSTY
Back in 2005, she was one of my first pictures to draw when I got back into the Fandom
User Image

Bashful Shoujo

16,850 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Dear god no crying
I used to collect all the old my little pony toys as a kid, some of them freaked me out to be honest (They looked more like alien ponies to me.) but I sill loved them. xd heart
I don't really remember I was still a toddler during those times and all I enjoyed doing was going outside to run around and play then with my barbie dolls mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen
Ah memories but the reason things change is for modification in some peoples opinion but in mine they exaggerate the changes. Like right now it is pissing me off how some popish unworthy artists can go about singing songs from the greatest musicians of yesteryears. I know that was off topic but hey let me take out my aggression on here okay? pirate

Lupine Cub

15,100 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
I was born in 1993, so I didn't get to enjoy the 80's ponies, but I do loved the ones in my generation.
I still have a DVD with the ponies brothers.

Generous Friend

6,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I do. Matter of fact, I still have some VHS tapes that I bought years ago that have the episodes of the original MLP and MLP Tales. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff