Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Partygoer 500
Captain KyuKyu
It's unnecessary and annoying to bump like that. Not to mention this is a really slow moving forum so um er...yeah.

Also, I wasn't ever really enthralled with that fan dub.

I did it because I was bored.

Original Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Partygoer 500
Puppet of Shadow
Captain KyuKyu
It's unnecessary and annoying to bump like that. Not to mention this is a really slow moving forum so um er...yeah.

Also, I wasn't ever really enthralled with that fan dub.

Whats with all the bump crying?" Waah, dont bump, its slow here anyways. Ya whipper snapper!" does everyone care that much?
I bumped because I was bored

Formal Star

To explain what is happening, basically youtube decided to file the whole: "Your content is copyright s**t" and the whole "fair use isn't be fair stuff". Basically, FIW is taken down because of the fair use, copyright, bs s**t youtube decides to play. It's not hasbro themselves, its youtube only since youtube thinks it owns everything that gets uploaded to its site.

Original Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Partygoer 500
I-Iearts
To explain what is happening, basically youtube decided to file the whole: "Your content is copyright s**t" and the whole "fair use isn't be fair stuff". Basically, FIW is taken down because of the fair use, copyright, bs s**t youtube decides to play. It's not hasbro themselves, its youtube only since youtube thinks it owns everything that gets uploaded to its site.
so they decided it was copy right after a year

Super Genius

There's a number of things it could be.

A lot of popular youtube poopers, for example, get hit with trolls filing copyright claims against them and using the name of the parent company to get videos pulled. And considering how many people actively hate bronies, it's not inconceivable that someone heard about the popularity of the series and filed the claim.

It could be youtube has been using more filters to find copyrighted content and removing it. It's not that they think they own it, but they want to take whatever measures necessary to make sure they don't get roped into lawsuits that claim they reward uploading illegal content like Megaupload did.

Or, it could be that Hasbro, now that it has taken an interest in it's own product, is beginning to actively seek out these things. I read about another site only just recently receiving a cease and desist from them. Granted it was a fair one since they were allowing people to download episodes, but it's possible that they are starting to care about the copyright now that they seem to have a firmer grip on the reigns.

Fear not, though. Sherclop made a website to host the videos until it all gets sorted out. Sherclop.com.

Cute Girl

14,750 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
How unfortunate.

Dapper Conversationalist

I believe the youtube channel that makes Rainbow Dash Presents and The Mentally Advanced Series was hit with the same issue as well.

Search one of the series I mentioned above to find their channel, and they made a video that goes into depth on the situation.
Since FiW and their Mentally Advanced Series are so similar, it only makes sense that they're being taken down for the same reasons.

And also, I also find excessive bumping irritating, and unnecessary.
And 'I was bored' is not a valid reason to be doing such.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff