Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Cat

Long long ago when Grandmothers were just little girls.. the ultimate bestest thing ever was owning a pony.

Long long ago when your mother was just a little girl... the ultimate bestest thing ever was owning a pony.

In the country, where people still own cows and still ride horses... if you are a little girl....... the ultimate bestest thing ever is to own a pony.

Pony Fandom started long before My Little Pony came out.

It's been a popular thing for over a hundred years ( atleast).

It combines a number of things and makes you unique.

One of the Elements is owning Dwarf and Miniture things. If you can find the information, even some of the Presidents of the United States were into those things. One of them owned an itty bitty Elephant that was about the size of a small dog. They loved that they owned it, they loved the attention, but honestly it was very sick and very agressive. It was still good for moral and getting attention. If you want to hear something dumber, I believe the current count is 3 US Presidents have eatten Wooly Mammoth. It was decayed and nasty, but they did it.

As a little girl, a Pony is smaller... closer to eye level... and you could more easily have fantasies about it sitting in your bedroom and having tea with you. No, seriously,.. these type of daydreams were coming out of girls before My Little Pony came out in the 80's.

So something in girls already craves ponies.

On the other hand, this new series is leaning closer to some old American Cartoon styles that we have all but lost in the ocean of Anime's popularity.
II_TrOpiC BluE_II
just asking
im curious

Well, Country Girls Like Horses. Some People Love Unicorns And Pegasus. Some Just Love Ponies. Well, Apparently, They Like Them Maybe Because They Watch The Show? Or Has Liked Them Since A Young Age? Rainbow Dash Is The Best Of The Ponies Though. <3

Generous Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Generous Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
MiZZ_BEETLEJUICE
so what your saying is just because i don't have encyclopaedic knowledge of ponys my opinion is Wrong. hmmm no offense but that sounds lie a fan boy response.oh and btw by the amount of glitter and lace your avatar is spewing i wudve never guessed u were even remotly tomboyish. . "look i have the power of WINGEING gurl power!herpderpDERP" and no i will never lay of rarity becuase she reminds me of all the slef entitled B***'s that used to pick on me at school for waering shorts instead a sKirt and for not liking barbies and not being able to afford TEH LASTEST FASHUNZ. i know those types of spoilt daddys widdle flower girls and the are the most selfish brutal eletist human beings i have ever met.now if u excuse me im off to watch princess monoke

...so you're judging her based on how she appears?

yet you hate Rarity's personality because a girl picked on you because of how you appeared...
hmm...

Sonic Werewolf

I know, right? Liking ponies is as freakish as liking anthropomorphic hedgehogs or something-

Wait.

Rainbow Dabbler

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
MiZZ_BEETLEJUICE
X sansmerci
MiZZ_BEETLEJUICE
X sansmerci
MiZZ_BEETLEJUICE
still anoyed all non equine chaircters are type cast as villians even on one ocasion the implication that if spike is ever alowed to mature hje will become EVIL(DUDE DRAGONS ARE AWESOME! if i had to choose between pony and dragon id choosea dragon). im sorry but that just sounds like xenophobia to me. also disapointed the rainbow one isnt gay.... making it seem like "its ok to be a tomboy as long as your not a lesbian" still better then any previious incartnation of ponys tho considering the best girls got on tv in the 80s-90s was rainbows bakingshitand crying untill the villan felt bad for u and stoping being a d**k.so in other words SEXISUM

The bison in Appleloosa & the griffon on the train weren't villains, just off the top of my head.

And, well, ignoring the unfortunate implications if "the rainbow one" were automatically the only lesbian one, feel free to quote me back with all the canonically gay characters in animated shows currently on-air meant for children under 12. Heck, even in live-action shows for that demographic.
i was forced to watch season one by my flat mate so i admit i may not have a ecyclopedic knowlage of ponydom.as far as i know the gryphon was potrayed as being well a jelous B**H for a lack of a better word which is a shame becuase it couldve been a boon for any girl who like me doesnt like ponys. cannon aside. there shud be a pony for every type of personality is all im saying hell they had one or two nerd ponys even two "poplar rich snob" ponys. if there trying to represent a even socity there kinda failing. not as bad as previous girl toons but still has faults. 3 eps in and theres still cakes and rainbows and sugery sweet BS. also gives misconceptions about freindship in real life.in real life a freind isnt going to forgvie for being a self entitled whiney b***h "looking at you rarity"

Griffon on the train was from the second season. Gilda, the griffon from the first, was certainly a jerkass.

I understand that you're frustrated with your flatemate, but I think it'd be better for you to talk to them about boundaries and TV sharing than to turn that towards the show itself. Since you didn't pick up on a lot, you're going to have a hard time standing by your stances, but I suspect you also wouldn't want to go back and watch it again just so you can complain accurately. wink So, yeah, not cool of them to force you, have a chat about respecting your right to not be into the same things.

With that in mind, I'm not gonna pick apart the parts I feel you're off-base on, since while you came to this forum on yr own, you didn't want to know a dang thing about MLP.

Additionally, if you like the style but would enjoy something with a wider variety of archetypes, check out Milky Way & the Galaxy Girls; it's by the woman who was the creative head for the reboot & first season, but is a personal project of hers, not something beholden to an existing toy franchise.
so what your saying is just because i don't have encyclopaedic knowledge of ponys my opinion is Wrong. hmmm no offense but that sounds lie a fan boy response.oh and btw by the amount of glitter and lace your avatar is spewing i wudve never guessed u were even remotly tomboyish. . "look i have the power of WINGEING gurl power!herpderpDERP" and no i will never lay of rarity becuase she reminds me of all the slef entitled B***'s that used to pick on me at school for waering shorts instead a sKirt and for not liking barbies and not being able to afford TEH LASTEST FASHUNZ. i know those types of spoilt daddys widdle flower girls and the are the most selfish brutal eletist human beings i have ever met.now if u excuse me im off to watch princess monoke

Wow, it sounds like you've been through a lot. I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm glad it seems like you're working on building up your confidence. Young girls can be really awful, I know I was really sour about it because I felt like nobody took me or the bullshit I was going through seriously. It's good that you've found things you can enjoy and embrace. (Especially Mononoke; on a personal note I love that movie so much. That and Lain are probably tied for re-watchable anime from my teen years, since they're so different in tone that I can't pick.)

No, I'm saying your conclusions are factually incorrect, but that it doesn't matter; you don't like the show and it was forced on you. That's not fair to you, and you absolutely deserve to be able to have different interests than your roomie and have your decision respected.
I suspect saying "Someone who likes that show said you should stop being an a** and shoving it down my throat" will not have much sway if they already doesn't listen, heh, but you should not feel like you have to put up with that. It's not reasonable roommate behaviour from siblings never mind from a regular roomie.

Anyhow, I gather you probably don't think I have much to say because my avatar was colorful when you read my post? I am being sincere, though, wanting to share a show they like a lot does not excuse your roomie from respecting your space & wishes.

Benevolent Shapeshifter

emotion_facepalm Not all tomboys are lesbians/dykes. Go roll someplace else with that story. talk2hand

5,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
xAliceJae
MiZZ_BEETLEJUICE

yet you hate Rarity's personality because a girl picked on you because of how you appeared...
hmm...
clearly you cant read i said i hate her becuase she has a similar(princess syndrome) personality to those types of girls. actualy the ive been recently made aware the 2 tiara ponys that pick on scootaloo are even worse about "oh dear look at the commoners and there a lack of shinys thingshow drole" to just clarify to you i know excatly what that type of PERSONALITY is first hand so i dislike those kinds of people(based on there personality) and i think its unfaire to encorage CLASS DIVSION in a childrens show. just becuase one person earns less then the other doesnt mean theyshud be treated like Crap
MiZZ_BEETLEJUICE
xAliceJae
MiZZ_BEETLEJUICE

hmm...
clearly you cant read i said i hate her becuase she has a similar(princess syndrome) personality to those types of girls. actualy the ive been recently made aware the 2 tiara ponys that pick on scootaloo are even worse about "oh dear look at the commoners and there a lack of shinys thingshow drole" to just clarify to you i know excatly what that type of PERSONALITY is first hand so i dislike those kinds of people(based on there personality) and i think its unfaire to encorage CLASS DIVSION in a childrens show. just becuase one person earns less then the other doesnt mean theyshud be treated like Crap

...wha?
bullies are ******** present in nearly EVERY children's show that isn't aimed at like...preschoolers.
why? because the protagonists are shown standing up for themselves and it tells kids to stand up for themselves. the 2 younger ponies stand up for their friend because they think it's unfair.

emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces