Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will Twilight being an Alicorn from now on change your views of the show?

Yes 0.375 37.5% [ 12 ]
No 0.625 62.5% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]
1 2 3 >

Dangerous Ladykiller

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
(Formerly the thread: Twilight is turning Alicorn?)

I posted this pic in my other thread, but wanted to make a new one for just this.

Is Twilight Sparkle turning into an Alicorn in the season/series finale?

Pic:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Almost all the groups and people I watch in dA were talking about this. Apparently the season finale has to do with a "princess coronation" and the ads say that "one pony will discover her true destiny".

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if this is true, or if it's a really bad joke if Twi turns Alicorn.

So, what's your guys opinions? This a good move by Hasbro? This a bad one? What kind of ramifications will this cause? Give your thoughts and opinions plz.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

7,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
I have mix feelings. It's not so much of her becoming an Alicorn that I'm most concern with. It's how Hasbro will deal with the subject of Twilight obtaining God like powers. Her becoming an Alicorn can only work in two ways. Temporary power boost to defeat the 3rd season villain, or the finale act of MLP:FIM. Now we already know 4th season will be happening. And giving all the clues in this season and the advertisement suggest this Alicorn thing is happening in 3rd season. So I'm hoping the God power thing is only temporary.

I just can't see how MLP:FIM can continue a 4th season with an Alicorn Twilight. All the simple slice of life kind of episodes will be no more.

Super Genius

Just a theory,
but since the princess coronation description mentioned mixed up cutie marks/destinies, it could be that Twilight accidentally ends up with Celestia's destiny and becomes an Alicorn until it's fixed. That is if there's any truth to the Alicorn Twilight stuff. (which I could honestly see since Hasbro loves selling them)

Maybe it will be one of those things where it happens at the worst possible time, like just before the bad thing people speculate Celestia was preparing for, and Twilight has to stand in for the princess until the mix-up is resolved. So she would technically -be- the new princess for a while and the show title would be accurate. Especially if they have Twilight wishing that she could be someone important.

Then while things were still okay, we'd just be seeing her bumble through whatever important things Celestia does with her day until the antagonist showed up. Then when she manages to resolve both the major threat of the episode and coming up with the magic to fix the misplaces destinies, she is returned to normal. Having learned the lesson that she's happy to be herself and pursue her true destiny, no matter how humble it turns out to be, rather than do anything else.

Then they get a toy to sell, a splashy season end and no major changes to the next season.

Moonlight Hunter

12,850 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Guildmember 100
As long as it's temporary, I have no problem with it.
If it's not. Hasbro has officially jumped the shark.

Blessed Friend

Everybody is getting to worked up about this, it's obvious that Twi would temporarily become a Alicorn.
The worker's on the show pay big attention on everyone's feedback so they wouldn't be dumb enough to make it cannon.

And yes, I do want Twi to become an Alicorn, love seeing the fanbase get butthurt :V

Friendly Sweetheart

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I think Alicorn Twilight would be a one-time thing, that's for sure.

Interesting Genius

2,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100
I don't see any point in Twilight becoming an alicorn other than Hasbro selling more toys.

Blessed Friend

Equestrian Bibliophile

It'd not confirmed but very likely Twilight will become a Alicorn, just not cannon.
It's just gonna be a little mischief with changed cutiemarks/destinies. Here's the quote from Sinivar.
Quote:
but since the princess coronation description mentioned mixed up cutie marks/destinies, it could be that Twilight accidentally ends up with Celestia's destiny and becomes an Alicorn until it's fixed.

There's been a lot of hint's that point to this also:

[Season Finale Revealed Forum]
[Wiki Article]
[More forums]
[Season Finale Teaser]

Newbie Noob

8,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
OH DEAR CELESTIA, ARE THOSE FURBIES?!

On a lighter note, before the furbies carry me away, I think that this would actually kinda be good, at least temporarily biggrin

So... awesome if this is true... *Is carried away by furbies*

Blessed Friend

Bloorigard2

Furbies scare the living s**t out of me.

Newbie Noob

8,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
Jevester
Bloorigard2

Furbies scare the living s**t out of me.

Oh, believe me, I know.... I know...
Who cares? Just enjoy it for what it is.

Questionable Citizen

11,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
WhisperoftheSage
Who cares? Just enjoy it for what it is.

^ This exactly

I still don't know why the entire fandom just shits themselves in anger any time an Alicorn is involved. They aren't all that special any more considering more and more of them are popping up. Just get used to seeing more of them. Winged unicorns are cool end of story. Little girls like them more because they are the best of both worlds and "princess" just makes it even more marketable for children. Putting it in the show puts the nail in the coffin in terms of selling crap to kids.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

7,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200

Tipsy Bunny

12,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Object of Affection 150
Don't forget about Princess Skyla.
I know she hurts the eyes, but this toy has been out for a bit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff