Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which color schemes do you like to use for your pony OC/FC?

Neutral Colors 0.18002628120894 18.0% [ 137 ]
Cool Colors 0.2969776609724 29.7% [ 226 ]
Analogous Colors 0.084099868593955 8.4% [ 64 ]
Warm Colors 0.19842312746386 19.8% [ 151 ]
Complementary Colors 0.24047306176084 24.0% [ 183 ]
Total Votes:[ 761 ]

Interesting Lunatic

Eizoryu
72 dpi
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Last one was way the hell too big. Fix'd it.
That Scruffy Mule
Eizoryu
72 dpi
I know, right? gonk Stupid Photoshop.
But I always fix it. If I knew my way around FireAlpaca better, I'd use it instead, because it puts things straight into 600dpi. But I'm just so much more comfortable in PS. FireAlpaca feels alien to me.

Interesting Lunatic

Eizoryu
That Scruffy Mule
Eizoryu
72 dpi
I know, right? gonk Stupid Photoshop.
But I always fix it. If I knew my way around FireAlpaca better, I'd use it instead, because it puts things straight into 600dpi. But I'm just so much more comfortable in PS. FireAlpaca feels alien to me.
Photoshop feels alien to me, so I can't really win one way or the other. But yeah, it definitely has it's derp moments. Luckily it seems to get along with my scanner or I'd be seriously SOL.

But, you mentioned the other program having some sort of "stabilizer" for lines? Is that sorta' like what Adobe Illustrator has, or is it a totally different thing? 'Cause if it does what I think it does I might need one of those. I can't line for s**t in PS currently...
That Scruffy Mule
lol, I know whatcha mean.

And yeah. MyPaint (at least on Win7) has an option called "Slow Position Tracking", as well as a brush called Delayed Pen. FireAlpaca calls it "Correction". I dunno what Paint Tool SAI calls it, but I think that one might be "stabilizer". But they all are meant to take the wobble down a few notches so linework doesn't look so blah because one's hand isn't as steady as they'd like it to be.

I think MyPaint is more intuitive than the others. But it also doesn't aim to be similar to PS's layout, plus I love its ability to rotate the image in smaller increments than 90 degrees.

Fashionable Girl

14,600 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Eizoryu
Crusader Gio
Dpi = dots per inch, aka ppi, or pixels/points per inch. It's a determining factor of the quality of an image. The higher it is, the higher the resolution of the image, and the better quality the image is. 3nodding Many artists in the AD recommend and prefer at least 300, but print jobs (like for artist alleys and cons) demand at least 600.

And thanks! emotion_yatta

I took a PS class in high school my sophomore year. >w> Everything else for me has been exploration/experimentation with the program.

You're welcome! c:
Ohhhh, thank you. I assumed it might mean something to do with resolution, but wasn't sure. Ah, I see...Goody for me I'm actually taking a Digital Design class next year, I can learn PS then. ^ u ^

Hilarious Genius

Captain KyuKyu
Miss Sing No
OCs, man. If it's good, let me praise it. If it's bad, let me troll you.

JK.

JK about the JK.

That's exactly what we do.
ninja

Riiiight. lol

Barking Cat

13,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Miss Sing No

Riiiight. lol

Yes, let them think that. With the time used perfecting simple colors schemes, I could be fixing my own other billion OCs. MUHUHAHAHAHA

So anyway, I've never been properly introduced to your OCs, can you tell me about them a bit? 4laugh

Hilarious Genius

Captain KyuKyu
Miss Sing No

Riiiight. lol

Yes, let them think that. With the time used perfecting simple colors schemes, I could be fixing my own other billion OCs. MUHUHAHAHAHA

So anyway, I've never been properly introduced to your OCs, can you tell me about them a bit? 4laugh

I have too ******** many of them, first of all. I'll just tell you about Flare and Dasher.

Mint Flare is my ponysona, and whom I'm doing a humanized avatar of right now *Points at avi*.
Sturdy Dasher, the pegasus, is a ponysona of my fiance', who I made into brony myself (Do you remember the topics? It was a LONG time ago, before the forum turned to chaos with art and ask thread for OC people didn't give two shits about).

So, of course, they have our personalities.
TL;DR below. Click at own risk.

Mint Flare:
Flaws:
Controlling, impatient, short tempered, over-bearing, speaks too much, TMI's too much, isn't very PC about it when she does speak, speaks very loudly, brutally honest, very assumptive, holds a grudge, overweight (This SHOULDN'T be a flaw, but...), has low self-esteem, is bi-polar, is a drama-queen, complains a lot, believes most ponies hate her, can't take social cues, and is overly emotional.

Good things about her: Caring, concerned for others, wise/smart, humorous, the opposite of shy, a good friend (Until you guys start fighting, then she's a b***h during that time), has artistic talents, has good common sense, generally very pretty, and, when her mood calls for it, she's very self-confident.

Mini-bio:
Picked on her whole life, she lashes out on her baby sister when she reaches Middle School age (13 - 16), and begins psychically abusing her. Her friend at the time, Tiger Heat, finds out about it and tells their parents, who separate the two. Because of this, Heat and Flare have a falling-out that ends with Heat in the hospital and Flare under house arrest for 5 years. After she turns 17, she can't take her life anymore; Tiger Heat's "Troop" constantly vandalizing her house and leaving nasty notes, knowing she can't step out and do anything about it. She runs away, but because she's bad with directions, she just cuts through Everfree forest and crashes at the first town she finds - Ponyville. With a map, this would have been a day and a half walking trip, but it took her nearly 4 days because a lot of it was spent hiding from wild animals, searching for food, and walking in circles (While complaining about all of it).
She moves into a vacant house. Dasher soon finds out she's left, and goes to find her, using the black wrist cuff and the map that goes with it (It's like your average day house-arrest anklet, but it's tied with magic, and the person's location is reviled with a map with is tied with the anklet that can't be removed unless a spell is used). He has to promise the mayor of their town that Mint Flare won't be coming back to be granted use of the map (They really DID hate her).
After he finds her, they move in together. A year later, he's yanked out of the friendzone. A year after THAT, they become engaged. They now live in a renovated windmill on the outskirts of town because the two were so loud while making love and war (Fighting, sex), neighbors began to complain.

Sturdy Dasher:
Flaws:
Emotionally manipulative, cocky, over-competitive, short-tempered (But is passive about it, so he bottles his s**t instead of exploding like Flare does), also impatient, picky, vain, immature, inappropriate (A lover of sex jokes), kind of an a*****e to some people, goes too far with his playful teasing, controlling, worry-wart, assumptive, holds grudges, not the smartest academically, brutally honest, can be very harsh with his words and criticisms, curses as a second language.

Good things: Protective (This can be a flaw, too, when he goes too far), serious when need be, casual, funny, smart, has good street/common sense, good with sports, good with his words, catches social cues, modest, caring, helpful, well-off, knows how to keep a secret, VERY self-confident (Again, it can go both ways), good at giving advice, good baby-sitter, good-looking, fit, knows how to support and uplift others, shows respect to those he deems worthy, knows his place (In terms of authority), very informed in what interests him, doesn't pre-judge until he gets to know a pony, knows when to speak and not speak, family comes first.

Mini-bio:
In the CMC age (8 - 12), Dasher is dared by a fellow classmate to go speak with Flare. It was rumored that, because she was an Earth Pony (And there wasn't many of them in that town at that time), she actually had a disease that would rot your horn or wings off. Dasher's mother is a nurse, so he told them that no such sickness existed, and they told him, "Prove it. Talk to her, and NOT get sick". So he did. And from there, the two became best friends. Flare used to be somewhat reclusive, and it was Dasher who had the terrible outbursts during this time. Because of this, when Flare was bullied in front of him, he just let them have it; usually verbally, but sometimes psychically. The school therapist theorized that it was because she witnessed him standing up for her in such a way that began to stand up for herself in a similar fashion - both a good and bad thing. The teach tried to separate the two because of this, but both proceeded to throw a fit: Flare broke things in the class, and Dasher just refused to do his work. A meeting was called with their parents, who agreed to put Dasher through emotional therapy (Which seemed to work, but all Dasher did was jump hoops, which taught him to bottle rather than healthily express his emotions), and began to set up play-dates between the two kids.
During Flare's abuse to her sister, Skye Flare, Dasher served as moral support for Skye.
In middle school, Flare began to date boys, and he didn't know why he was so jealous. He decided he needed a girlfriend, so he found one. Right before their first kiss (Which was planned to go further), he pictured Flare and got his first actual... Erection. Embarrassed, he fled. Outraged, the girl dumped him. Dasher figured out it was Flare he really liked, and because of that, held out for her despite the fact that he was thrown into the friend zone, and found out through the word definition as well as real-life example what that term really meant.
When Flare fled town at 17, he went after her, hurt that she never told him (Though she did, he thought she was just being dramatic, and didn't expect her to do so). He didn't want to spend a day away from her again, and because she refused to go home, he stayed with her in Ponyville. The two lived as romantically and sexually tense room-mates until he finally asked her out for a final time at the local Hearts and Hooves Day dance - And she finally accepted, having realized how SHE felt. It was only a few days after that when he started saving up for her engagement ring, and purposed the moment he could afford and bought it.

Interesting Lunatic

Eizoryu
That Scruffy Mule
lol, I know whatcha mean.

And yeah. MyPaint (at least on Win7) has an option called "Slow Position Tracking", as well as a brush called Delayed Pen. FireAlpaca calls it "Correction". I dunno what Paint Tool SAI calls it, but I think that one might be "stabilizer". But they all are meant to take the wobble down a few notches so linework doesn't look so blah because one's hand isn't as steady as they'd like it to be.

I think MyPaint is more intuitive than the others. But it also doesn't aim to be similar to PS's layout, plus I love its ability to rotate the image in smaller increments than 90 degrees.
Ohman, I needs me some of that. My lines just go all over the damn place.
I use the Rotate Arbitrary in PS a lot, my scanned drawings always seem to be 3 degrees off.

Interesting Lunatic

People in AD thinking "Vector" is the same as "Trace these lines with the pen/curve tool in MSpPaint".
Dafuk

Edit: Also, dad talking at the cats. I should start a Twitter of the crap he says. It'd be like "Ghetto Hikes", but with a little more "s**t Crazy Old Grumps Say".
I'm mad.

My graphics card died on me today. Granted, it was bought used, but allegedly in good condition. Yeah. And then it up and dies three months later. *sigh* I hate using onboard video. I'll have to see how this mobo handles its onboard video processing. My color profile looks like s**t.
Eizoryu
horror story girl
'Ere ya go~
I tweaked the teal just slightly to fall somewhere between the original teal and the suggested teal. I felt it was easier on the eyes without feeling too washed out or too harsh beside this shade of gray and that tone of cyan.
User Image

she is beautiful smile
horror story girl
Eizoryu

she is beautiful smile
I'm glad you like. :3

Barking Cat

13,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Miss Sing No
Captain KyuKyu
Miss Sing No

Riiiight. lol

I have too ******** many of them, first of all. I'll just tell you about Flare and Dasher.

Mint Flare is my ponysona, and whom I'm doing a humanized avatar of right now *Points at avi*.
Sturdy Dasher, the pegasus, is a ponysona of my fiance', who I made into brony myself (Do you remember the topics? It was a LONG time ago, before the forum turned to chaos with art and ask thread for OC people didn't give two shits about).

So, of course, they have our personalities.
TL;DR below. Click at own risk.

Mint Flare:
Flaws:
Controlling, impatient, short tempered, over-bearing, speaks too much, TMI's too much, isn't very PC about it when she does speak, speaks very loudly, brutally honest, very assumptive, holds a grudge, overweight (This SHOULDN'T be a flaw, but...), has low self-esteem, is bi-polar, is a drama-queen, complains a lot, believes most ponies hate her, can't take social cues, and is overly emotional.

Good things about her: Caring, concerned for others, wise/smart, humorous, the opposite of shy, a good friend (Until you guys start fighting, then she's a b***h during that time), has artistic talents, has good common sense, generally very pretty, and, when her mood calls for it, she's very self-confident.

Mini-bio:
Picked on her whole life, she lashes out on her baby sister when she reaches Middle School age (13 - 16), and begins psychically abusing her. Her friend at the time, Tiger Heat, finds out about it and tells their parents, who separate the two. Because of this, Heat and Flare have a falling-out that ends with Heat in the hospital and Flare under house arrest for 5 years. After she turns 17, she can't take her life anymore; Tiger Heat's "Troop" constantly vandalizing her house and leaving nasty notes, knowing she can't step out and do anything about it. She runs away, but because she's bad with directions, she just cuts through Everfree forest and crashes at the first town she finds - Ponyville. With a map, this would have been a day and a half walking trip, but it took her nearly 4 days because a lot of it was spent hiding from wild animals, searching for food, and walking in circles (While complaining about all of it).
She moves into a vacant house. Dasher soon finds out she's left, and goes to find her, using the black wrist cuff and the map that goes with it (It's like your average day house-arrest anklet, but it's tied with magic, and the person's location is reviled with a map with is tied with the anklet that can't be removed unless a spell is used). He has to promise the mayor of their town that Mint Flare won't be coming back to be granted use of the map (They really DID hate her).
After he finds her, they move in together. A year later, he's yanked out of the friendzone. A year after THAT, they become engaged. They now live in a renovated windmill on the outskirts of town because the two were so loud while making love and war (Fighting, sex), neighbors began to complain.

Sturdy Dasher:
Flaws:
Emotionally manipulative, cocky, over-competitive, short-tempered (But is passive about it, so he bottles his s**t instead of exploding like Flare does), also impatient, picky, vain, immature, inappropriate (A lover of sex jokes), kind of an a*****e to some people, goes too far with his playful teasing, controlling, worry-wart, assumptive, holds grudges, not the smartest academically, brutally honest, can be very harsh with his words and criticisms, curses as a second language.

Good things: Protective (This can be a flaw, too, when he goes too far), serious when need be, casual, funny, smart, has good street/common sense, good with sports, good with his words, catches social cues, modest, caring, helpful, well-off, knows how to keep a secret, VERY self-confident (Again, it can go both ways), good at giving advice, good baby-sitter, good-looking, fit, knows how to support and uplift others, shows respect to those he deems worthy, knows his place (In terms of authority), very informed in what interests him, doesn't pre-judge until he gets to know a pony, knows when to speak and not speak, family comes first.

Mini-bio:
In the CMC age (8 - 12), Dasher is dared by a fellow classmate to go speak with Flare. It was rumored that, because she was an Earth Pony (And there wasn't many of them in that town at that time), she actually had a disease that would rot your horn or wings off. Dasher's mother is a nurse, so he told them that no such sickness existed, and they told him, "Prove it. Talk to her, and NOT get sick". So he did. And from there, the two became best friends. Flare used to be somewhat reclusive, and it was Dasher who had the terrible outbursts during this time. Because of this, when Flare was bullied in front of him, he just let them have it; usually verbally, but sometimes psychically. The school therapist theorized that it was because she witnessed him standing up for her in such a way that began to stand up for herself in a similar fashion - both a good and bad thing. The teach tried to separate the two because of this, but both proceeded to throw a fit: Flare broke things in the class, and Dasher just refused to do his work. A meeting was called with their parents, who agreed to put Dasher through emotional therapy (Which seemed to work, but all Dasher did was jump hoops, which taught him to bottle rather than healthily express his emotions), and began to set up play-dates between the two kids.
During Flare's abuse to her sister, Skye Flare, Dasher served as moral support for Skye.
In middle school, Flare began to date boys, and he didn't know why he was so jealous. He decided he needed a girlfriend, so he found one. Right before their first kiss (Which was planned to go further), he pictured Flare and got his first actual... Erection. Embarrassed, he fled. Outraged, the girl dumped him. Dasher figured out it was Flare he really liked, and because of that, held out for her despite the fact that he was thrown into the friend zone, and found out through the word definition as well as real-life example what that term really meant.
When Flare fled town at 17, he went after her, hurt that she never told him (Though she did, he thought she was just being dramatic, and didn't expect her to do so). He didn't want to spend a day away from her again, and because she refused to go home, he stayed with her in Ponyville. The two lived as romantically and sexually tense room-mates until he finally asked her out for a final time at the local Hearts and Hooves Day dance - And she finally accepted, having realized how SHE felt. It was only a few days after that when he started saving up for her engagement ring, and purposed the moment he could afford and bought it.

That's very interesting, I wish I was capable of putting that much thought into my OCs.
eek

Interesting Lunatic

Got some adopts to work on tonight. A little fawn and another eggy. So many eggies.
Hopefully my parents watch the Stupidbowl quietly enough that I can focus.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games