Welcome to Gaia! ::

Supportive Seeker

Murasaki Alien
Gundamu
Murasaki Alien
Gundamu
Never got what the big deal was.

It's a big deal because many fans are getting butthurt because Alicorns are apparently supposed to be special. And Toys... We probably will see lots of toys. Much like the Crystal Empire sets. The Empire wasn't a huge deal in the show after the first two episodes but the toys totally went with it. Heck, we're only just now starting to see the first full waves of the Crystal Empire line. Pony Wedding brushables and what not are still floating around. I bet Princess Coronation stuff is what will come later this year while we wait for the next season after the Empire toys are being phased out.

Even if they are special, I still don't get the big deal/butthurt. Isn't Twilight special?

Because people don't like change, especially when it messes with what they are comfortable and familiar with? The fandom juts hates alicorns? I dunno what else to tell you. .

It's just plain irrational is what it is.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

6,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For more information check this out.
Shitstorm confirmed

Dapper Conversationalist

One thing's for sure.
This shitstorm is going to hit hard.

Harder than Derpy did.

And that was pretty damn hard.

Liberal Cutie-Pie

8,650 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
Already posted my long-a** opinion here, and I will also copy and paste my post for those who too lazy to click the link:
Quote:
So here’s the thing: Twilight being a princess? I can live with that. After all, she kind of already was a princess by the end of the second season, because her sister-in-law is a princess, thus, she and her brother would be royalty by marriage. If you live in a monarchy, correct me if I’m wrong about how it works. But alicorn I don’t understand. Can’t she still be royal without being an alicorn? After all, Prince Blueblood is. What is the point of her being an alicorn? So she can fly? I’m pretty sure there’s a floating spell that will allow her to fly. I hope she’ll just be an alicorn for that one episode then go back to being a unicorn. They need to sell the alicorn Twilight Sparkle merchandise or something? Okay. Here’s an idea: LET THE KIDS PLAY WITH THE TOYS AND COME UP WITH THEIR OWN REASONS FOR WHY TWILIGHT TURNED INTO AN ALICORN. DUH. It’s supposed to be about imagination. If you think about it, the little kids who play with dolls who have a TV show are kind of making their own fan fiction. Hopefully, the writers have a clever way how to make that work.

The rest of the post is about Derpy, which is a whole other discussion entirely...

Dapper Conversationalist

Sunshine Peach-Heart

In response to your argument on Derpy...

They aren't bringing her back. And a petition won't do anything.
If Derpy comes back, Hasbro and the writers alike will get more s**t for having her in show, because mothers will be offended, and 9gagers and 4chaners will fuel the flame.
Getting rid of Derpy prevents Hasbro from any sort of legal trouble involving Derpy, which they were very vulnerable to at the time.

And furthermore, the argument that she's 'just a ditz' can't really be justified. It hasn't been established in the show.
The only things that were established is that she had a horribly manly voice, that she was extremely clumsy and accident prone, that she was oblivious, and that she had an ocular impairment.
She is a disabled character, visually. And the overall personality that she was given portrayed her as mentally disabled as well.
It really doesn't matter what the head-canon's describe Derpy as, because what really makes a difference is how Hasbro portrays her. And that has already been set in stone.
It's not that Hasbro refuses to display a character of Derpy's stature.
Its that Hasbro wants to avoid legal trouble at all costs.

It was wonderful that they gave us the enjoyment of making Derpy canon, and just because they had to take her away, doesn't give us the right to whine about it, and try to force them to give her back.

I hate to use the word 'ignorant', because you frankly don't seem like the type, but in this situation it's fitting.
Most of the fans of Derpy can't seem to look past the fact that they think the only reason is because she was taken to offense by real people.
It's much more than that.

(Posted this here because I refuse to use tumblr, nor do I know how to use it in the slightest.)

Liberal Cutie-Pie

8,650 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
Ryuusag
Sunshine Peach-Heart

In response to your argument on Derpy...

They aren't bringing her back. And a petition won't do anything.
If Derpy comes back, Hasbro and the writers alike will get more s**t for having her in show, because mothers will be offended, and 9gagers and 4chaners will fuel the flame.
Getting rid of Derpy prevents Hasbro from any sort of legal trouble involving Derpy, which they were very vulnerable to at the time.

And furthermore, the argument that she's 'just a ditz' can't really be justified. It hasn't been established in the show.
The only things that were established is that she had a horribly manly voice, that she was extremely clumsy and accident prone, that she was oblivious, and that she had an ocular impairment.
She is a disabled character, visually. And the overall personality that she was given portrayed her as mentally disabled as well.
It really doesn't matter what the head-canon's describe Derpy as, because what really makes a difference is how Hasbro portrays her. And that has already been set in stone.
It's not that Hasbro refuses to display a character of Derpy's stature.
Its that Hasbro wants to avoid legal trouble at all costs.

It was wonderful that they gave us the enjoyment of making Derpy canon, and just because they had to take her away, doesn't give us the right to whine about it, and try to force them to give her back.

I hate to use the word 'ignorant', because you frankly don't seem like the type, but in this situation it's fitting.
Most of the fans of Derpy can't seem to look past the fact that they think the only reason is because she was taken to offense by real people.
It's much more than that.

(Posted this here because I refuse to use tumblr, nor do I know how to use it in the slightest.)

I agree that Hasbro isn't doing it to ruin our fun or anything, they just don't want to get involved in law suits and other various bullshit. Frankly, I'm just kind of mad at the parents who are just going all gung-ho and stuff about this. I've had experience like this in school. In my broadcasting class, one group of kids made a video where one of them was ranting about how lazy our janitors were, and the irony was that in the back of the shot, THE JANITORS WERE SWEEPING THE FLOOR AND WORKING THEIR BUTTS OFF. It's called irony, and you'd think people would understand that, especially in a school. But no, people complained and we had to take that piece off the local station and now we're only allowed to play our stuff school-wide rather than city-wide. They even put a disclaimer at the end saying how they really do appropriate the janitors' work. Ugh.
Some people don't understand that if they don't like what they see, they should just CHANGE THE CHANNEL. I understand that they're just trying to avoid drama by removing Derpy, but I just REALLY wish these parents would lighten up.
(Oh by the way, here's the vid if anyone wants to see the horrible insults James says about the janitors /sarcasm)

Fashionable Shapeshifter

11,300 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
@Derpy Convo above ^^^

Where has it been stated that Derpy won't even appear in the background anymore?

Wealthy Millionaire

9,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Millionaire 200

Seems Faust never wanted Twi to be an Alicorn.

Mega Bookworm

e-mantehdragonchamp

Seems Faust never wanted Twi to be an Alicorn.
Then why is she gonna be one?

Wealthy Millionaire

9,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Millionaire 200
Lauren quit the team because she wanted executive control over the show which Hasbro refused to give her.

Lauren was none to happy when Hasbro made Cadence an Alicorn instead of a normal Unicorn as well.

She had a lot of control on Season 1, minor control on Season 2, and no control at all on Season 3.

Mega Bookworm

e-mantehdragonchamp
Lauren quit the team because she wanted executive control over the show which Hasbro refused to give her.

Lauren was none to happy when Hasbro made Cadence an Alicorn instead of a normal Unicorn as well.

She had a lot of control on Season 1, minor control on Season 2, and no control at all on Season 3.
That's bullshit she made the show! They just kicked her off? -.- :/ Damn.

Wealthy Millionaire

9,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Millionaire 200
CharcoalKittyKat
e-mantehdragonchamp

She quit.

Mega Bookworm

e-mantehdragonchamp
CharcoalKittyKat
e-mantehdragonchamp

She quit.
Oh I didn't mean that I meant not let her have what she wanted. :/

Fluffy Cutie-Pie

13,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
I was disgruntled at first but now I'm just curious to see why and if this episode will be written well.

All in all I'm going to stay neutral on the subject until further notice.

Dapper Conversationalist

Murasaki Alien

Rumors have been circulating.
Also, there hasn't been a single Derpy sighting in the entirety of S3, to my knowledge.
Gives the impression that they're pushing her aside quietly, so that there wouldn't be another shitstorm for completely removing her.

Sunshine Peach-Heart

Let me point out a few flaws in there...
First of all, I don't see what point you're trying to make with your broadcasting class reference.
Some kids complained that their janitors weren't doing a sufficient job, yet in the video clips they took, there the janitors were, working their asses off. In other words, the video contradicted it's own message. It was essentially a false claim, regardless if there was a disclaimer or not.
(And if there was a disclaimer stating that they were pleased with the janitors work, then why the ******** would they make a video complaining about it?)
Then, after watching it, I still don't see your point. Were you limited strictly because of the janitor portion? Because if that's meant for city-wide television, then it seems very unnecessary. Nobody is all too interested in listening to a boy complain about how he doesn't like mustard, and how his opinion needs to be respected.
That's a video that is fitting to be played school-wide. I've been in a broadcasting class before, and I've made stuff like that. Skits and the like. It's nothing to get butthurt over.

And also, the 'if you don't like it, don't watch it' is such a childish argument, really. Its public television. People are allowed to watch whatever they want, even if they don't want to. And furthermore, it's not just random parents complaining, that are saying 'Little boys and girls have mental disabilities, and this could be very offensive'. Most likely, it was parents of children who actually were mentally disabled. And they're not going to force their kids to stop watching a show that they like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games