Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Conversationalist

6,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
It's inevitable. It's going to happen whether we like it or not. Everyone please prepare your a**s to lessen the sting of the upcoming butthurt.

Shameless Lover

8,700 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I, for one, am absolutely infuriated by this change! Now that she's an alicorn, I have to remember to take advantage of one more body part in my clop-fics. Not to mention I'm going to constantly forget she has wings now. It's all so confusing!

@Hikarulawl: But I like it raw D:

Unbeatable Conversationalist

6,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Explicit Escritoire
I, for one, am absolutely infuriated by this change! Now that she's an alicorn, I have to remember to take advantage of one more body part in my clop-fics. Not to mention I'm going to constantly forget she has wings now. It's all so confusing!

@Hikarulawl: But I like it raw D:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I believe I speak for a quite a few that we all hope Twilight's Alicorn stage is temporary.

Shameless Lover

8,700 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hikarulawl
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Fashionable Shapeshifter

11,200 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm sure everyone here is already aware of my opinion, but, I'm HAPPY she's becoming an Alicorn. Maybe the entire fandom will get their heads out of their afts about the whole Alicorn issue. Cadance proved they can just spawn whenever hasbro deems and that they don't have to be uber powerful. AND they can age, too. The only things the fans will have left to cling to after this is that whole "they can only be female". They're all female because the show is supposed to appeal to little girls. Hence the lack of prominent or even extremely competent male characters. Even Spike gets the shaft. The whole "WELL LAUREN FAUST SAID SO!" won't fly for me, either. Just recently on Twitter she said something like "Derpy got her cutie mark because she shits bubbles."

Fashionable Rogue

It doesn't really make sense to me.
I've tried plenty of times to try to look for a logical [inb4 BUT MLP ISN'T LOGIKUL, Idon'tgiveashit] reason why Twilight should become an alicorn, it really doesn't make any sense. She's Celestias pupil and, well, yeah, nothing else than that. Just because she is Celestia's pupil doesn't necessarily equate to her acquiring goddess status. I also don't find it feasible for Twilight to become the ruler of Equestria, because that's ******** stupid. Celestia and Luna are there for a reason, they're as eternal as the Moon and the Sun can be, and Cadence was a plot device for the Crystal Empire. It is also implied you're born that way, so that theory of alicorns earning their wings goes out of the window.

In case it happens, I believe it'll be like ******** aka Twilightgettingwingswhensheusesthelementsofharmony aka it's not permanent.

Melodious Mage

13,000 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Over Easy 100
I think this will be very interesting and i look foreward to seeing the events that lead up to this >.>

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Dolce Rogue
I've tried plenty of times to try to look for a logical [inb4 BUT MLP ISN'T LOGIKUL, Idon'tgiveashit] reason why Twilight should become an alicorn, it really doesn't make any sense. She's Celestias pupil and, well, yeah, nothing else than that. Just because she is Celestia's pupil doesn't necessarily equate to her acquiring goddess status. I also don't find it feasible for Twilight to become the ruler of Equestria, because that's ******** stupid. Celestia and Luna are there for a reason, they're as eternal as the Moon and the Sun can be, and Cadence was a plot device for the Crystal Empire. It is also implied you're born that way, so that theory of alicorns earning their wings goes out of the window.

In case it happens, I believe it'll be like ******** aka Twilightgettingwingswhensheusesthelementsofharmony aka it's not permanent.

You mistaking Fanon with Canon

The idea that alicorns are gods is Fanon

Also we now know what a "princess" is in MLP (it's no longer a Royal, "rank" nor meaning you Rule some place)

Fashionable Rogue

Glorious Leader Luna
Dolce Rogue

Also we now know what a "princess" is in MLP (it's no longer a Royal, "rank" nor meaning you Rule some place)

And it still doesn't make sense to turn Twilight into an alicorn.

Tipsy Conversationalist

Whatever,
it won't be permanent.
XD

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Dolce Rogue
Glorious Leader Luna
Dolce Rogue

And it still doesn't make sense to turn Twilight into an alicorn.

She turning into one for same reason Tia and Luna are

Twilight is a charismatic leader, self-effacing heroin and takes concern for the common pony

and a very powerful unicorn.

Supportive Seeker

Never got what the big deal was.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gundamu

It's a big deal because many fans are getting butthurt because Alicorns are apparently supposed to be special. And Toys... We probably will see lots of toys. Much like the Crystal Empire sets. The Empire wasn't a huge deal in the show after the first two episodes but the toys totally went with it. Heck, we're only just now starting to see the first full waves of the Crystal Empire line. Pony Wedding brushables and what not are still floating around. I bet Princess Coronation stuff is what will come later this year while we wait for the next season after the Empire toys are being phased out.

Supportive Seeker

Murasaki Alien
Gundamu

It's a big deal because many fans are getting butthurt because Alicorns are apparently supposed to be special. And Toys... We probably will see lots of toys. Much like the Crystal Empire sets. The Empire wasn't a huge deal in the show after the first two episodes but the toys totally went with it. Heck, we're only just now starting to see the first full waves of the Crystal Empire line. Pony Wedding brushables and what not are still floating around. I bet Princess Coronation stuff is what will come later this year while we wait for the next season after the Empire toys are being phased out.

Even if they are special, I still don't get the big deal/butthurt. Isn't Twilight special?

Fashionable Shapeshifter

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gundamu
Murasaki Alien
Gundamu

Even if they are special, I still don't get the big deal/butthurt. Isn't Twilight special?

Because people don't like change, especially when it messes with what they are comfortable and familiar with? The fandom juts hates alicorns? I dunno what else to tell you. .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games