Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hikarulawl
NyteSama
Hikarulawl

I much rather have people who have the balls to voice their opinions base on their very own thoughts instead mimicking the squawking parrots of this fanbase by repeatably using the same dry two common phrases. Which are fan fiction and fan pandering.

THIS SO MUCH
it's all I ever really see
If you've got a gripe with an episode, explain in greater detail instead of "fan pandering" this and "fan pandering" that.
It gets old and has a serious bandwagon feel to it.

It's so nice I'm not alone in this. I'm not trying to convert people over to my side. But since that's what everyone thinks my goal is when I want to debate with someone. I'm just going shut the ******** up now and wait for season 4. Perhaps the fanbase bandwagon will move on before the first episode of season 4 airs.

I think it's perfectly fine to hate the season if that's what you wanna do. Not everyone has the same tastes, but it'd be nice to see more variety in an argument than "pandering" and "fanfiction" :B
to be fair one can sometimes find a fanfiction that was written spectacularly

Unbeatable Conversationalist

6,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
NyteSama
Hikarulawl
NyteSama
Hikarulawl

I much rather have people who have the balls to voice their opinions base on their very own thoughts instead mimicking the squawking parrots of this fanbase by repeatably using the same dry two common phrases. Which are fan fiction and fan pandering.

THIS SO MUCH
it's all I ever really see
If you've got a gripe with an episode, explain in greater detail instead of "fan pandering" this and "fan pandering" that.
It gets old and has a serious bandwagon feel to it.

It's so nice I'm not alone in this. I'm not trying to convert people over to my side. But since that's what everyone thinks my goal is when I want to debate with someone. I'm just going shut the ******** up now and wait for season 4. Perhaps the fanbase bandwagon will move on before the first episode of season 4 airs.

I think it's perfectly fine to hate the season if that's what you wanna do. Not everyone has the same tastes, but it'd be nice to see more variety in an argument than "pandering" and "fanfiction" :B
to be fair one can sometimes find a fanfiction that was written spectacularly

Thank you. That's what I been trying to get at. And yes I have read many engaging works of literature in fanfiction from all my years of reading them. There are some very talented writers amongst sea of crappy fanfics.

Eloquent Citizen

13,850 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm not hating season 3, I'm actually enjoying it for what it is. It's still just as enjoyable as the last season. I didn't have high hopes that "oh, this next season will be better than the last." Again, it's fine as it is and if one expects too much, one will feel disappointed.
The heart of the series is to illustrate stories that leads to a moral lesson in the end with humor, and interesting drama along the way. In other words, it's a entertaining cartoon with a good feeling in the end.
I admit I was hoping to see Trixie make a come back, so that counts as fan pandering to me, but that episode played out well, right?
Still, this is just my opinion of how I view the 3rd season: not as bad as others make it seem.
Edit: I did have some complaints, but I'd rather keep that in my noggin. The writers did all they could to please the viewers, anymore would just be greedy.

Original Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Partygoer 500
They listened to brony requests.

Unbeatable Pirate

8,250 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
no rarity episode. but its only 13 eps this season so we'll see whats up with the next season

Blessed Rogue

10,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Element_ Laughter
So this season has been really weird, new ponies, lack of songs, and the topics on this site even weirder Why i remember.......

Gundamu get your stupid mouse pointer off the "move topic" button I'm getting to my point, yea, yea you is sea what your doing emotion_eyebrow

Anyways

Besides the lack of songs and intesting plot i found this season rather humorous and i really don't know what the fuss is about *donthitme*
can someone please shed some light on their idea of what's wrong with this season? emotion_facepalm

Nothing is wrong with it. People are just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Dangerous Ladykiller

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
Dolce Rogue
No Lauren Faust involved

^This!

Super Genius

I honestly don't think much is wrong with this season except what happens to most things when someone in a leather chair smells money.

I think that the writers are under far stricter conditions than they were in the beginning. I believe Hasbro expected this to be just like any other MLP product. Marketed at much younger girls to sell frilly fluff and pretty pinkness while being kept at arms length. Something made to sell a few toys and then be abandoned.

What was unexpected was Faust fought them over the demographic age until they settled for something slightly higher. She agreed, but essentially made the show for the demographic she wanted to target anyway. It turned the show into a runaway hit.

Now that she's left and the popularity has brought their attention to the product, I believe they've been paying more and more attention to the creation processes as time goes by and making changes where they want them. So now it's not just something the writers can make however they want and slip under the radar. Now the big boys are paying attention and would start refusing to allow for things that step outside of their chosen demographic. Possibly even making them bring it back down to their original choice of around 6 years old-ish. Although even if Faust were still on the project, I doubt even she could do anything about it and the episodes would still be about what they are now.

If that were the case it would explain a lot of season 3 and the writers would be under a lot of pressure just to make the show any kind of entertaining to it's existing older fans. I'm sure they want to keep making the product Lauren started with the same kind of quality, but at the end of the day it's a job and nothing more. They need their paycheck and Hasbro is the name on the signature.

It could easily explain why the entire feel of the season feels a little different. A bit rushed with storylines you can find in several other cartoons for younger kids.

I still recall the Winnie the Pooh cartoon where Tigger believed he owed one of the other characters a life debt over having his life saved and mayhem ensued because he botched all attempts to be helpful. Ending with the exact same conclusion of the others making a mock scenario to allow him to save the other person's life in return, just for him to literally do just that due to circumstance.

Honestly I consider what they've done so far pretty dang decent if Hasbro really is putting their foot down on what they want. The episodes could have been a million times worse and it seems like what a lot of people are calling fan pandering is just all they can do to say they still care for the older fans when they're being carefully watched and told to start producing a show strictly for kids.

So if anything is the problem, it's too many guys in suits pretending to be cooks in the kitchen. The same folks who'd rather have a show like Animaniacs cancelled just because it's huge fanbase wasn't the demographic they originally wanted and nothing more. Folks who take a popular game franchise, refuse to trust the people that made it popular, and turn it onto something else for sales and end up pleasing nobody while losing the money they expected to increase.

It amazes me that those folks go to business schools for years to learn how to ruin successful franchises of all kinds and not once question their methods.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games