Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barking Cat

13,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Fix? Eh, we're fans and that's all we are. No one has to fix anything, we didn't break it. We might have had ideas and suggestions but that's all we did. No one had to listen.

Anyway, only a few tiny parts of this season were bad, and overall I'm still seeing a great deal of happy, content or neutral fans.

Also, if this whole season was entirely fan pandering; then you can bet your horses that after this season the writers will see their louder fans in an uproar on EQD. Case and point, they can catch the drift. We just sit back and watch, like fans do. Oh and, we buy their stuff.

By the way, I'm betting Hasbro likes milking the cow dry anyhoo.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Dolce Rogue
No Lauren Faust involved and fan pandering, no matter how some people want to deny it.

The same could be said about Season 2 if the fandom had learnt the word "fan pandering" before then

I think back then it was "This is not the TRUE and HONEST vision our most divine Imperial and Royal Majesty Lauren Faust, by the Grace of Celestia, Poni Empress and Queen of Bronies had for this show"

What was basically said for every single episodes for S2 about the most petty and pointless s**t

Hell every time Derpy appeared in S1 was "fan pandering" as well but did the great unwashed b***h about that back then No.

Diamond Senshi

Glorious Leader Luna
Dolce Rogue
No Lauren Faust involved and fan pandering, no matter how some people want to deny it.

The same could be said about Season 2 if the fandom had learnt the word "fan pandering" before then

I think back then it was "This is not the TRUE and HONEST vision our most divine Imperial and Royal Majesty Lauren Faust, by the Grace of Celestia, Poni Empress and Queen of Bronies had for this show"

What was basically said for every single episodes for S2 about the most petty and pointless s**t

Hell every time Derpy appeared in S1 was "fan pandering" as well but did the great unwashed b***h about that back then No.

And? At least back then there weren't so many shitty episodes as now, and the fandom wasn't as big [and annoying] as it is now. Besides, it was precisely thanks to a fan that Derpy disappeared of the show, so.

Also, the difference between back then and now is that back then the writers at least didn't take suggestions made by 16 year olds to make episodes. Now we're at a point that the only thing we need is to have people's shitty OC's making cameos in the show.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Dolce Rogue

And? At least back then there weren't so many shitty episodes as now, and the fandom wasn't as big [and annoying] as it is now. Besides, it was precisely thanks to a fan that Derpy disappeared of the show, so.

Also, the difference between back then and now is that back then the writers at least didn't take suggestions made by 16 year olds to make episodes. Now we're at a point that the only thing we need is to have people's shitty OC's making cameos in the show.

And why are they "shitty" we had the levels of "fan pandering" S3 has had since S2

The whole "it's ripping off Fan fiction" is bullshit, What has the Fandom not Covered in Fan fiction?

The 15 year old who suggested that they bring back Discord is not a singular idea

World plus dog wanted him back in some manner he was the New Luna.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

6,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Glorious Leader Luna...........I think I love you.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
Hikarulawl

Funny how I yet to see people bitching about the Just For Sidekicks episode to be another example of fan pandering. Considering they brought back tank. A fan's favorite might I remind you guys. But bring back Trixie and Discord? Oh hell no that's pandering to the fans. rolleyes

Can people can just give a review without refering to it's pandering or such and such episode felt like a fanfiction for once? Just a simple review for what it is. An episode!

I've had people I know irl b***h about it. I've seen people on /mlp/ b***h about it. The absence of evidence doesn't equal the evidence of absence.

So, people need to voice opinions that are their own, but only if it's an opinion less than or equal to yours?

That doesn't sound like an opinion. That sounds like you, trying to dictate how other people think. Again.

Interesting Genius

2,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100
I do certainly feel like the episodes have been very less than substantially good for the most part, with fan too much catering to the fans' every little wish, save for a few episodes like those Spike episodes. stare

Urgh.

6,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
Hikarulawl

Funny how I yet to see people bitching about the Just For Sidekicks episode to be another example of fan pandering. Considering they brought back tank. A fan's favorite might I remind you guys. But bring back Trixie and Discord? Oh hell no that's pandering to the fans. rolleyes

Can people can just give a review without refering to it's pandering or such and such episode felt like a fanfiction for once? Just a simple review for what it is. An episode!

I've had people I know irl b***h about it. I've seen people on /mlp/ b***h about it. The absence of evidence doesn't equal the evidence of absence.

So, people need to voice opinions that are their own, but only if it's an opinion less than or equal to yours?

That doesn't sound like an opinion. That sounds like you, trying to dictate how other people think. Again.

I much rather have people who have the balls to voice their opinions base on their very own thoughts instead mimicking the squawking parrots of this fanbase by repeatably using the same dry two common phrases. Which are fan fiction and fan pandering.

Starting from episode 5 Magical Duel, this is where the "pandering" so called begins. After that episode the reviews have been nothing but this.

Episode 6. Felt like a fanfiction.
Episode 7. Fanfiction.
Episode 8. Fan pandering. Let's all disregard that Applejack and her character seriously needed this episode. But since the fans been wishing for this to happen since season 2, it's fan pandering.
Episode 9. Hey it's that mediocre episode that was written by two unfortunate writers that the fans detest very much. Somehow this episode have large enough group of people that collectively agree that this episode is consider good because it wasn't a fanfiction or fan pandering. That it. No other explanation.
Episode 10. Fan pandering. Hmmm I wonder why was this episode was giving the fan pandering stamp of un-approval? Oh yes that's right Discord another fan favorite came back. Fans wanted him back, got him back, now wish he never was back. Hasbro can't win can they?
Episode 11. Now why the ******** people aren't spewing the fan pandering bull? Honestly they brought back Tank. A FAN favorite and a most request pet that the FANS wanted back. More than Peewee. So what gives with this unexplained combo breaker?

The reason why it looks like I want people to agree with my opinion is because I dealing with broken clone record players that can't articulate their opinions without using the following cop out answers. When I'm engage with someone, I'm doing this for them to expand on that opinion of theirs. I'm not going to started every quote with someone with 'why' and 'how come' It would be nice for a change that people would grow a pair and challenge MY opinion instead of me doing starting. Threads can't thrive without some, key word some conformation.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
Hikarulawl

That's the major flaw that people have seen with this season. So, of course people are going to keep saying it over and over again.

As far as Discord coming back goes: People wanted him back, yes, but people weren't making threads demanding that a bleeding heart episode was thrown into the mix. People just wanted him to come back and make more trouble. Not for him to come back and be "turned good", especially by the social cripple of the show.

It's not your place to "help people grow". Especially when it's something as trivial as a ******** opinion on a cartoon. You being so belligerent and argumentative has only pissed people off. No one likes that you do this. It annoys everyone. It doesn't help anyone to grow. It's been frustrating and annoying to people to have someone feel the need to start an argument, over a cartoon, and then act all 'holier than thou' by telling them that their reasoning behind it is to 'help them grow.' Other people have mentioned, both here and outside of Gaia, how frustrating it is to post here because of what you do.

Nobody enjoys talking to someone with a messiah complex.

Nobody wants to challenge your opinion. They want you to shut up about theirs.
Hikarulawl

I much rather have people who have the balls to voice their opinions base on their very own thoughts instead mimicking the squawking parrots of this fanbase by repeatably using the same dry two common phrases. Which are fan fiction and fan pandering.

THIS SO MUCH
it's all I ever really see
If you've got a gripe with an episode, explain in greater detail instead of "fan pandering" this and "fan pandering" that.
It gets old and has a serious bandwagon feel to it.

Dangerous Phantom

9,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hey you think with all this pandering perhaps i can get hasbro to feature an Oc .... You know, For science
whats their number again emotion_dowant
Just to see how low they'll scoop for us emotion_eyebrow
Element_ Laughter
Hey you think with all this pandering perhaps i can get hasbro to feature an Oc .... You know, For science
whats their number again emotion_dowant
Just to see how low they'll scoop for us emotion_eyebrow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Quote:
Her name is not mentioned in the show, but has been stated by art director Ridd Sorensen on Twitter. Midnight Strike originated as an OC of one of Sorensen's family members . Her cutie mark is a very dark cloud with a lightning bolt.

Of course, she was in the background and didnt stick out from any of the other ponies so it's not like people noticed she existed or anything.
person had connections so it made sense the she got a cameo, anyways. putting in some random person's ocs is probably asking a bit much of them

6,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
NyteSama
Hikarulawl

THIS SO MUCH
it's all I ever really see
If you've got a gripe with an episode, explain in greater detail instead of "fan pandering" this and "fan pandering" that.
It gets old and has a serious bandwagon feel to it.

It's so nice I'm not alone in this. I'm not trying to convert people over to my side. But since that's what everyone thinks my goal is when I want to debate with someone. I'm just going shut the ******** up now and wait for season 4. Perhaps the fanbase bandwagon will move on before the first episode of season 4 airs.

Shameless Lover

8,700 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Eh, I'd like to same it's slightly comparing to what they did with Mass Effect, by adding DLC that undid the ending because fans were angry. Only slightly related, because there's no un-doing.

Honest opinion, I'm pretty sure they were going to make Twilight an Alicorn anyways. I mean, lots of leading up to that in even the first season. I don't think that's fan pandering.

I enjoy the episodes, I just feel like it would have been better if they'd done everything their way, instead of trying to please the fans. In the end, the fans don't want what they want. The fans don't know what they want. They make fanfiction so they can dream about possibilities. When you make it a thing, they lose their dreams.

I'm going on a mini-rant here. Time to wrap it up. Hope the transition to Alicorn is more like "Epic quest, internal struggle, external conflict, "Avatar" moment revealing her as an alicorn afterwards", rather than "Poof, you're an alicorn!"

Edit: This may inadvertently change the topic to a more specific, sub/internal one. Please don't respond. (Don't flatter yourself, Escy, nobody cares that much about you. Silly.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games