Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Phantom

9,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
So this season has been really weird, new ponies, lack of songs, and the topics on this site even weirder Why i remember.......

Gundamu get your stupid mouse pointer off the "move topic" button I'm getting to my point, yea, yea you is sea what your doing emotion_eyebrow

Anyways

Besides the lack of songs and intesting plot i found this season rather humorous and i really don't know what the fuss is about *donthitme*
can someone please shed some light on their idea of what's wrong with this season? emotion_facepalm

Devout Member

Too much fan pandering, leaving no room for the producers to come up with anything original; let alone decent.

Diamond Rogue

No Lauren Faust involved and fan pandering, no matter how some people want to deny it.

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Dolce Rogue
No Lauren Faust involved and fan pandering, no matter how some people want to deny it.

Lauren Faust wasn't involved last season, and that was alright, so I don't think her not working on the show anymore has had as much of an impact as the fan pandering.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

emotion_bigheart The episodes are just lackluster, in my opinion. I gave things a chance. I watched every single one and things just don't feel the same. I don't see why Discord needed to be good. Does this mean that they're going to bring Chrysalis back and make a bullshit excuse for her actions, too? I mean, come on guys; She's just a creature acting on her natural instincts to feed. Totally nothing wrong with how she went about it or anything. Gawd, so mizunderztood. stare

Because, that's honestly the direction that I feel that the show is headed in. But, hey, whatever. We're all going to be bitched out shortly in this thread because we don't bask in the sheer awesomeness that is awesome about this awesome season and all of the totally awesome things that are in it. How ******** dare we have differing views on something..

Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome.
I actually like less songs. Songs tend to annoy me.
While I like some of them on their own, I really hate it when a song is randomly thrown into an episode.
But ehh...
I dont care if they're doing this "pandering" that everyone likes to throw out there. Still alright episodes, and at least they're trying to appeal to the fans by giving them what they want.

I actually like this season.

too much Cadence, though. Yech.

Barking Cat

13,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
While most of the episodes are just fine they do in fact; feel like they're lacking something.

I just hope the next season will be better...

Noble Phantom

I feel the episode aren't as fully developed or written as well as they should be. Face it, its rushed, messy and improvements could be made. Even some of the episodes I personally like this season just feel like it needed a boast. Yeah, the lack of songs aren't helping it and if I remember this correctly, they said quote:

"Season 3 will be like a musical"

So, where's the music? We had I think...2-3 songs so far and that's it. I mean, we had more when Pinkie Pie was center of attention. (no I don't hate pinkie, but season 1 was all about her singing). I wanted more songs, heck even maybe 1 or 2 background characters singing or something would be nice. Like Shining Armor, give him a song or something. Heck, Spike. I would love for him to have his own song...this episode we had didn't count. <.<

I also feel like they keep jamming in random ponies at us and actually:

Sibsy
While work had begun on season 3, I was approached by my good friend Wootie (and co-director) asking if it was okay to use WF as a Wonderbolt Cadet for the 307 episode. They needed a few more designs, and I agreed that it would be fine. So yes, up until the episode was pretty much completed, it was WF. However, something happened in that time, where some crew members were trying to sneak their ponies into the show without permission. Being a board artist, this is impossible for me because I don't have access to the flash files like layout people do. There seems to be a common misconception that board artists have the power to do things like that. We don't. Now because of the actions of others, the studio took it as a precaution to re-colour WF as to not upset the client. And that's pretty much it.

Link to source: X

I don't mind background ponies, but it seems we have more this season than before, maybe this is part of it, who knows. Either way, Season 3 just tanks. The writers could have done better, episodes could have been better explained, ect.
NyteSama

She had two episodes.
It seems as if you're just looking for a reason to b***h or make someone feel bad.
SyIph of Space
NyteSama

She had two episodes.
It seems as if you're just looking for a reason to b***h or make someone feel bad.

I legitimately and truly do not like her
If the future episode summaries are correct she's gonna pop back in for more
and I just cant stand episodes that have her in them.

Dangerous Phantom

9,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hm, thats a shame. I knew this fandom wasn't meant to last. but in all reality what fandom is?
Fandoms practically run off of the show its associated to, feeding off of it and getting stronger. but once a show runs out of idea's or episodes, so does the fandoms music, fanfiction, art and comics and etc.

if this show is already starting to get dull for you guys, if is or isn't going to be another season. This fandom dies when that new season happens happens. sad
I for one still see hope in this fandom. I still pray for saturdays to come and i still enjoy waking up at 10:00 am on a Saturday to watch a episode no matter how crappy.

But i cant power this fandom alone and if you guys give up......

Oh well, back to doctor who sweatdrop
*Puts on rose tyler cosplay*

but seriously though, It will get better, i have a feeling. wink
Element_ Laughter

It isn't your divine duty to power a fandom, though. It's sort of depressing how seriously a lot of fans take this. Things exist, fandoms are created, and some continue to go strong and some die out. This isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Even if you cease to pray, Saturday will still come. It's a day of the week like any other. Saturday will not magically cease to exist simply because a show stops having a fandom that feels the need to take it far too seriously or because the show stops airing.

The whole having hope for a fandom is just really trivial and overly dramatic. Say what you will about having a shitty attitude, but this is just plain taking something like a cartoon far too seriously.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

7,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Basicly from what I been hearing from the very begininng of season 3. Fan pandering this. Fan pandering that. The fandom doesn't like it when the company directly or indirectly gives the fandom what they want. But the fandom will continue to dishout thier ideas regardless.

Funny how I yet to see people bitching about the Just For Sidekicks episode to be another example of fan pandering. Considering they brought back tank. A fan's favorite might I remind you guys. But bring back Trixie and Discord? Oh hell no that's pandering to the fans. rolleyes

Can people can just give a review without refering to it's pandering or such and such episode felt like a fanfiction for once? Just a simple review for what it is. An episode!

Steadfast Loiterer

11,800 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
Pandering is fine but keep the writing good. The cheap humor this season was its downfall. Most of it got a brief laugh out of me save the Trixie episode where I was ROLLING because of all the deadpan.

"I liked her better when she was just a fraud!" rofl

Its as if they said "We'll throw in some stuff for the bronies. They'll be happy with just that!" And then let the creativity slide.

Hmm...I just realized there wasn't a whole lot of "valuable" friendship lessons, save One Bad Apple. All of the other ones were just having too much on your plate and trying to please too many people (or too much for one individual)

Dangerous Phantom

9,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Drawn That Way
Element_ Laughter

It isn't your divine duty to power a fandom, though. It's sort of depressing how seriously a lot of fans take this. Things exist, fandoms are created, and some continue to go strong and some die out. This isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Even if you cease to pray, Saturday will still come. It's a day of the week like any other. Saturday will not magically cease to exist simply because a show stops having a fandom that feels the need to take it far too seriously or because the show stops airing.

The whole having hope for a fandom is just really trivial and overly dramatic. Say what you will about having a shitty attitude, but this is just plain taking something like a cartoon far too seriously.

but-but-but I thought what this fandom had was special emo
What fun would it be if i just admitted that bronyship was just some stupid fad like all the haters say.
lately i have letting it get to me. what if we ARE just a phase. to rise up lightly and to be shot down before we get to show our full potential.. What if we have been showing it and it hasn't been enough.
UGH, who am i kidding. Nothing good can stay forever i knew it was a matter of time....

Tell me now ms.Jessica rabbit , Is it too late for us or do bronies have it to make it count in the end can we still fix this emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff