Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Cat

NO AGE!!!!

This takes forever to cover for me.

Originally the Mane 6 were intended to be 4+ Years Old.

They had come up with this age system stare Based around one type of real pony. In this system you are a Young Adult at 4 years old, but not completely an adult yet.

The only other things I can gather is Rainbow Dash is likely the Youngest. Fluttershy is the oldest. Applejack is likely the second youngest. Pinkie Pie is 1-1.5 Pony Year younger then Fluttershy.

If you want me to try to come up with some conversion.

I would assume that 1 pony year = 4 human years

Gathering everything I can.. and they information I just shared.. I think it would go something like.

Rainbow Dash was about 5 during the Rainboom. Fluttershy was about 15 during the Rainboom. Pinkie Pie was about 10 during the Rainboom. The others were between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's age.

During the Rainboom I would put them all about 6-12 years old with exception of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

Pretending Rainbow Dash is currently 16. I would age them all 11 years when MLP:FIM starts.

That would put Fluttershy at 26 and Pinkie Pie at 21.

That would put Applejack at about 17 or 18.

I am using the Rainboom to also help things here.

During the Rainboom Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle instantly received their Cutie Marks. At this moment we see all of the ponies. Fluttershy already has adult eyes. If you look at the eyes on Ponies they actually have a system of lighting to indicate their age. Fluttershy was clearly a Teenager when the Rainboom occured by combonation of her appearence and the light count in her eyes. Although Applejack was " one of the oldest" of her class to get her Cutie Mark, she did not get it instantly when the Rainboom happened. She had to complete some things in another city and then return home. So while Applejack was probably 6ish by Human Years when the Rainboom happens, she was probably 9 or 10 ish when she got her Cutie mark.

All of this does not give you an exact age on Rarity and Twilight Sparkle. The things said about Rarity conflict. There were comments that she was one of the first in her class. There are comments that she was late. There are comment she was one of the last. Things are inconsistent with Rarity and since she Drama Queens she will exaggerate. All we can gather is she was not the oldest nor the youngest. If she was, we would get more clear information. Since it's inconsistent, she was somewhere in the middle. Of course I mean in relation to her class. @_@;

For more dramatic inconsistency, you can poke at Cheerrilee. Who has to be like 40-50 human years old rofl

But, yeah,.. if I do a ton of math and other junk the Main/Mane 6 would be 16-26 human years old.

Friendly Regular

7,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
Sailor Tin Nyanko
NO AGE!!!!

This takes forever to cover for me.

Originally the Mane 6 were intended to be 4+ Years Old.

They had come up with this age system stare Based around one type of real pony. In this system you are a Young Adult at 4 years old, but not completely an adult yet.

The only other things I can gather is Rainbow Dash is likely the Youngest. Fluttershy is the oldest. Applejack is likely the second youngest. Pinkie Pie is 1-1.5 Pony Year younger then Fluttershy.

If you want me to try to come up with some conversion.

I would assume that 1 pony year = 4 human years

Gathering everything I can.. and they information I just shared.. I think it would go something like.

Rainbow Dash was about 5 during the Rainboom. Fluttershy was about 15 during the Rainboom. Pinkie Pie was about 10 during the Rainboom. The others were between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's age.

During the Rainboom I would put them all about 6-12 years old with exception of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

Pretending Rainbow Dash is currently 16. I would age them all 11 years when MLP:FIM starts.

That would put Fluttershy at 26 and Pinkie Pie at 21.

That would put Applejack at about 17 or 18.

I am using the Rainboom to also help things here.

During the Rainboom Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle instantly received their Cutie Marks. At this moment we see all of the ponies. Fluttershy already has adult eyes. If you look at the eyes on Ponies they actually have a system of lighting to indicate their age. Fluttershy was clearly a Teenager when the Rainboom occured by combonation of her appearence and the light count in her eyes. Although Applejack was " one of the oldest" of her class to get her Cutie Mark, she did not get it instantly when the Rainboom happened. She had to complete some things in another city and then return home. So while Applejack was probably 6ish by Human Years when the Rainboom happens, she was probably 9 or 10 ish when she got her Cutie mark.

All of this does not give you an exact age on Rarity and Twilight Sparkle. The things said about Rarity conflict. There were comments that she was one of the first in her class. There are comments that she was late. There are comment she was one of the last. Things are inconsistent with Rarity and since she Drama Queens she will exaggerate. All we can gather is she was not the oldest nor the youngest. If she was, we would get more clear information. Since it's inconsistent, she was somewhere in the middle. Of course I mean in relation to her class. @_@;

For more dramatic inconsistency, you can poke at Cheerrilee. Who has to be like 40-50 human years old rofl

But, yeah,.. if I do a ton of math and other junk the Main/Mane 6 would be 16-26 human years old.
Ty you cleared so things up.
In human years, I'd say 16 to 23~ish.

Magical Cat

I see people making notes based around the " Year Older" system.

Again, that was on the old age system where the youngest was 4 Earth years old sweatdrop

Lauren Faust (I expect to get her name wrong) also said that the characters were all mentally younger then they were physically developed and that that would put them mentally at 13-17 years old. While at the same time the youngest of the Mane 6 was 4 Earth years old by her system.

4 Earth years is when a Pony would be a Young Adult. Not a full fledged Adult. Not a Tween. Not the Early Teens. The early Teens happen during Year 3 by her system.

The easiest way for me to work this system is to make 1 pony year equivilant to 4 human years. Then make 4 Pony/Earth Year equal to 16 Human years.

She wanted the Adults to still be immature like Teenagers mentally for the first couple years of adulthood on the pony system.

So while someone is Physically 16 years olds, they are 4 Earth Years old, and Mentally around 12-13 years old.

For Earth/Pony years after you are still a teen mentally or by behavior's maturity xp

I kept deleteing my ramble earier. You know the characters are frozen in age now. They have abandoned the old age system. They all lack age for the time being. It might be years before they decide what to do now. They no longer can be on the system where Age 4 = Young/Independent Adult. They would all be getting married and having babies for Season 3 if they stuck to that season and they haven't been physically ageing.

So the Ponies currently have NO AGE.

Lonely Loiterer

10,250 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
Adult. None of them live with their parents.

Friendly Regular

7,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
xAliceJae
In human years, I'd say 16 to 23~ish.
I can see that.

Wheezing Nerd

i'd guess early adulthood, they all have their own homes and careers and such

Shy Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Tycoon 200
Caramel Kisses
LarienSnowpaw
I guess they are around 21 and 25-26 because they

1. Leave alone and don`t recive money from they parents
2. They all have jobs: Twilight-Librarian, Rarity-fashion Boutique owner, AppleJack-working at SweetAppleAcres, Pinkie-working in SCC, Flutershy-PetShop I guess, rainbow-Weater job thing.
3. They do what they want (with responsability)

and Reefer... you cannot get married at 23. its still too early

Uh... some 16 year old married a washed up Hollywood actor last year.

Also... spell check.

what is happening to the world this days. *sigh* kids....

Aged Gaian

9,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
Shuness 2
Well Twilight was still in school so I would say she would be around 19 now that she's out. Pinkie is probably 20 because she's a year older than Twilight. Fluttershy would be 21 because she's a year older than Pinkie. "I'm a year older than you." Rainbow is probably 20 as well because of her brash behavior while Applejack would be around 23 because of her sense of responsibility for a farm. Rarity is probably around 24 or 25 because of her more regal appearance and fashion business.

Any Questions?
that sounds about right.

Wealthy Noob

Going by maturity:
Pinkie and Rainbow would be the youngest
Fluttershy and Twilight would be in the middle
Applejack and Rarity, the eldest.

Just what I think. sweatdrop

Wealthy Noob

LarienSnowpaw
Caramel Kisses
LarienSnowpaw

2. They all have jobs: Twilight-Librarian, Rarity-fashion Boutique owner, AppleJack-working at SweetAppleAcres, Pinkie-working in SCC, Flutershy-PetShop I guess, rainbow-Weater job thing.

Also... spell check.

Actually, around 23 is a good age to marry. Better find someone to marry fast before that purdy little face of yours goes away emotion_kirakira

Also, technically, it's legal to marry when you're 18 or older.

Shy Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Tycoon 200
Depr
LarienSnowpaw
Caramel Kisses
LarienSnowpaw

Also... spell check.

Actually, around 23 is a good age to marry. Better find someone to marry fast before that purdy little face of yours goes away emotion_kirakira

I know! I know! its just that when you are 23 suddenly you realize that the world you imagined its too small. It depends on many things too but that is totally out of line. Its just an opinion, you can marry when you want. rolleyes

Wealthy Noob

LarienSnowpaw
Depr
LarienSnowpaw
Caramel Kisses
LarienSnowpaw

Also... spell check.

I know! I know! its just that when you are 23 suddenly you realize that the world you imagined its too small. It depends on many things too but that is totally out of line. Its just an opinion, you can marry when you want. rolleyes

stare If it depends on many factors, it's not "totally" out of line. I think it's about maturity, and your willingness to spend the rest of your life with this person.

Shy Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Tycoon 200
Quote:
stare If it depends on many factors, it's not "totally" out of line. I think it's about maturity, and your willingness to spend the rest of your life with this person.

yeah... sure... confused
Sailor Tin Nyanko
tl;dr

Hey guess what? I summed that up with a link:

Also, I think I read somewhere that RD was supposed to be about 18 and all the others were supposed to be around that age too

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff