• The Perfect Setup 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Which was better? Impossible question, huh? emotion_awesome

Lonely Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I loved both seasons but I would have to say season 2 gets my vote for it's epic bad guys The changeling queen and Discord (tho I do love luna I found Nightmare Moon lacking a bit(might be becuse she reminded me of a sailormoon bad guy tho))

Eloquent Genius

14,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Azreal Rou
I loved both seasons but I would have to say season 2 gets my vote for it's epic bad guys The changeling queen and Discord (tho I do love luna I found Nightmare Moon lacking a bit(might be becuse she reminded me of a sailormoon bad guy tho))

Everypony compares Nightmare Moon to that Sailor Moon villian lol There's a drawing somewhere on the Internet of all of the ponies Sailor Moon-ified.

Lonely Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Clover_IceQueen
Azreal Rou

Everypony compares Nightmare Moon to that Sailor Moon villian lol There's a drawing somewhere on the Internet of all of the ponies Sailor Moon-ified.

Yeah I've noted a couple of similarities between the two but considering lauran faust's Powerpuff girls was an american version of the magical girl genera I kinda expect as much. Not that it takes away from the show in the least for me lol.

Eloquent Genius

14,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Azreal Rou
Clover_IceQueen
Azreal Rou

Yeah I've noted a couple of similarities between the two but considering lauran faust's Powerpuff girls was an american version of the magical girl genera I kinda expect as much. Not that it takes away from the show in the least for me lol.

Definitely a childhood win whee

Eloquent Genius

14,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Not clicking that neutral

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Not impossible at all. Season 2 was so much better. Better songs, better episodes, and it made season 1 completely relevant (the first two episodes were so vastly different from the rest of the series that it was kind of jarring...but then all that was made relevant when Celestia sent Twilight all the lessons she'd learned. I teared up at that point cause it was saying that all the things that happened in the rest of season 1 weren't pointless. They did have a reason). I wasn't sure how the show would respond to Lauren Faust stepping down, but that apparently made them bring their A game...

Eloquent Genius

14,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
kevin3485
Not impossible at all. Season 2 was so much better. Better songs, better episodes, and it made season 1 completely relevant (the first two episodes were so vastly different from the rest of the series that it was kind of jarring...but then all that was made relevant when Celestia sent Twilight all the lessons she'd learned. I teared up at that point cause it was saying that all the things that happened in the rest of season 1 weren't pointless. They did have a reason). I wasn't sure how the show would respond to Lauren Faust stepping down, but that apparently made them bring their A game...

Well, I can understand that. Losing somepony would drive the others to work even harder to keep their reputations. My question is: what caused her to step down?

Benevolent Codger

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
SEASON 2!!! Most of my favorite episodes/songs are from Season 2. ~w~

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Clover_IceQueen
kevin3485

Well, I can understand that. Losing somepony would drive the others to work even harder to keep their reputations. My question is: what caused her to step down?

I couldn't say as I don't know, but I wouldn't think it'd be anything bad as she still supports the show. I think part of it may because they were going in a different direction than she had originally intended (she wanted a more magical girl show with ponies), and felt that the show was in really good hands. I know she also started working on the Super Best Friends shorts for DC Nation, so maybe she wanted to go do that as well?

Amateur Humorist

11,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
I have to say both seasons was great! blaugh But allmost... there was better songs and lots of intresting characters in season 2 :3

Eloquent Genius

14,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
HolmesWolf
I have to say both seasons was great! blaugh But allmost... there was better songs and lots of intresting characters in season 2 :3

Incorrect, sir!
Giggle at the Ghosties
Winter Wrap-Up
The Art of the Dress
Cupcake Song
Gummy's Birthday Invitation Song
The Best Night Ever
Plus all the songs Pinkie Pie sang throughout the season. She would just randomly burst into song for 30 seconds, which she doesn't do as much anymore.

Here:

Mewling Mage

12,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Sadly, as much as I loved season one; season two takes the cake. whee

Eloquent Genius

14,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100