Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Lunatic

User Image
Personally I hate the term 'Pegisister', because I feel it's gender discriminitory, and MLP is supposta be teaching love, acceptance, and equality. Why can't girls be bronies? It's just something that bothers me. I don't care if it's just a term, it just bothers me.

Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
I wouldn't want to be called a brony because I'm a girl. It just sounds weird.
User Image

gaia_crown Because 'bro' is supposed to mean brother. That's where it came from. Most girls just don't want to be called bros. Some do. It's not a big deal. gaia_crown

Sparkly Fatcat

Brony = Bros
Brony /=/ Chicks

Witty Lunatic

User Image
Oh boy, I knew this was going to happen User Image

I'm a girl, and I'd much rather be called a brony, not because I want to identify myself as a male, but because I feel that everyone in this fandom is a "bro" I understand that some people might feel uncomfortable about this, and that it's not that big of a deal, I'm just stating how I feel.
I don't particularly care for the term either. I think it mostly came about because people think that the word 'brony' is a contraction of 'bro' and 'pony' when in fact it stems from a combination of 'pony' and the /b/ forums on 4chan where the brony community really got it's start. It has nothing to do with the word bro. But not many people seem to know that. Which explains the word pegasister.
BTW I am a lady and I proudly refer to myself as a brony.

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Personally, I love the word. In my opinion, it's far more creative than brony. But, I also understand that there are female fans who want to be included in the fan base, where brony does sound like it's more "meant for men." Honestly, I don't think it matters in the long run. There are no rules that say that "female fans have to be called pegasisters." If you want to call yourself a brony, cool. If you want to call yourself a pegasister, cool. If you don't want to be called either, that's cool as well.

In short, brony is both a reference to the guys who like the show and an umbrella term for all the fans on the show. What you want to be called is up to you.

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
blackhayete13
I don't particularly care for the term either. I think it mostly came about because people think that the word 'brony' is a contraction of 'bro' and 'pony' when in fact it stems from a combination of 'pony' and the /b/ forums on 4chan where the brony community really got it's start. It has nothing to do with the word bro. But not many people seem to know that. Which explains the word pegasister.

I have a hard time believing that explanation (not saying it's wrong) considering, if it just "came from /b/"...then why'd they add an r into the word? At least "bro pony=brony" makes more sense.
User Image
I don't mind being called a pegasister, although I prefer the term "pegasis". Pegasister just sounds so long...

And because, well... -giggles- Pegasus, you know... But I think you can refer to yourself as whatever you wish. Brony or Pegasis, other fans will understand both~
User Image

Barking Cat

13,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
iPrincess Cadence
User Image

gaia_crown Because 'bro' is supposed to mean brother. That's where it came from. Most girls just don't want to be called bros. Some do. It's not a big deal. gaia_crown

I want to be known as a mare from here on out. confused

Dedicated Loiterer

Paranormal Reality
User Image
Personally I hate the term 'Pegisister', because I feel it's gender discriminitory, and MLP is supposta be teaching love, acceptance, and equality. Why can't girls be bronies? It's just something that bothers me. I don't care if it's just a term, it just bothers me.

Are you saying there shouldn't be any gender-specific terms at all then? There should be one term for both mares and colts? Should they just drop the term "filly"?

Shirtless Vampire

8,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
The only thing that bothers me is that Pegasis/Pegasister is tied to a specific breed/race of pony, while Bronies get "pony" in their name.
kevin3485
blackhayete13

I have a hard time believing that explanation (not saying it's wrong) considering, if it just "came from /b/"...then why'd they add an r into the word? At least "bro pony=brony" makes more sense.

Know Your Meme: My Little Pony

4chan is first mentioned at 2:00, if you feel like skipping the beginning. Not trying to be rude or anything, just trying to get the word out.

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
blackhayete13
kevin3485
blackhayete13

Know Your Meme: My Little Pony

4chan is first mentioned at 2:00, if you feel like skipping the beginning. Not trying to be rude or anything, just trying to get the word out.

I've seen the video, and it's not like I'm saying you're wrong. Considering I've heard this exact thing from others, it's probably true. My problem is that it makes no sense...

Barking Cat

13,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Rafflesia Arnoldi
Paranormal Reality
User Image

Are you saying there shouldn't be any gender-specific terms at all then? There should be one term for both mares and colts? Should they just drop the term "filly"?

But I don't even dude.....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces