Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Lets revive it, woohoo.

Yeah, that's never gonna happen. <.< Miracles don't exist. This place was jumping quite a few months ago, like around May-September. So much drama...
Then perhaps weeding out the drama would be the best thing to do to revive something.

Besides I'm not even a My Little Pony fan, I just enjoy watching you lot talk.

I, too, am a fan of small-time conflict. * w * But weeding out the drama has proven ineffective. Multiple attempts always brought up some new form of it and everyone, including me, just kind of gave up.

I have 3k+ posts and 90% were in this forum since May. Now... I'll be lucky to post her ten times a week.

You don't deal with drama starters you merely ignore them, delete their posts and if worst comes to worst them they banned from posting on the forum by talking to a forum admin.

There'd only be like, 15 users left in here if that was the case. xD We've all gone over quite a few scenarios, each one ending in failure. 'Merely ignoring' is a foreign thing to most around here. : P

Trust me, ask any of the other older regs around here and they would agree.

Sparkly Gekko

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade

Yeah, that's never gonna happen. <.< Miracles don't exist. This place was jumping quite a few months ago, like around May-September. So much drama...
Then perhaps weeding out the drama would be the best thing to do to revive something.

I, too, am a fan of small-time conflict. * w * But weeding out the drama has proven ineffective. Multiple attempts always brought up some new form of it and everyone, including me, just kind of gave up.

I have 3k+ posts and 90% were in this forum since May. Now... I'll be lucky to post her ten times a week.

You don't deal with drama starters you merely ignore them, delete their posts and if worst comes to worst them they banned from posting on the forum by talking to a forum admin.

There'd only be like, 15 users left in here if that was the case. xD We've all gone over quite a few scenarios, each one ending in failure. 'Merely ignoring' is a foreign thing to most around here. : P

Which is why the forum died and why most forums die, because people simply do not ignore attention seekers.
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade

Which is why the forum died and why most forums die, because people simply do not ignore attention seekers.

And this would mark my longest conversation here in a few months. <w < But most of us have come to terms with it dying. I still keep in touch with the friends I have made, despite my difficulty with internet access.

Sparkly Gekko

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Jackie Trade
That is a pity about your internet, atleast you keeping up with folks though razz
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
That is a pity about your internet, atleast you keeping up with folks though razz

Yep. If I was working night shift again, it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm in the wrong time zone to be on day shift. ; - ;

There's a few people here I was glad to meet and carry with me. They know who they are. Especially one. <3

Sparkly Gekko

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade

Yep. If I was working night shift again, it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm in the wrong time zone to be on day shift. ; - ;

There's a few people here I was glad to meet and carry with me. They know who they are. Especially one. <3

D'aww that is cute? (Dunno if it is or not o.o)

Shy Businessman

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I really see no problem with the MLP Community other than the ClopFic. But that's their choice, so I don't care. I love the show and its just the greatest thing I ever watched. It was my entertainment when I wasn't busy with work or School.

Invisible Conversationalist

9,900 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
Well I like how it's drawn and animated. Particularly when compared to how they've done it in the past.

I like the little jokes. Like background stuff, and jokes that need both the animation as well as words to work.

The songs, they're cute and addictive.

And I like the community's work. Something I love in all fandoms is how it can inspire people. I love looking at the art, listening to the songs, and reading stories. And I just love all the charitable works bronies do. Although I'm less fond of the people that make the community. As an individual humans can be great, get them in a group and they can do great things together, put them on either side of anything and you're asking for someone to get stabbed.
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade

D'aww that is cute? (Dunno if it is or not o.o)

Yesh, it is. xD

Invisible Dark Elf

10,850 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Adventurer Madame
Hi, I'm going to start a conversation for any bronies out there (I don't know the female term for MLP fans), do not feel offended or anything but I have this conversation many times with friends.

Why do you like MLP FIM?

I do not, personally, not that I am hating it or anything, the community seems to drive me away more than anything. Thoughts?

What keeps me coming back is that a lot of the episode plots are well-written, the characters actually don't have flat boring personalities, the animation is pretty dang good for flash, the voice-acting is actually good, and it doesn't act like kids are stupid with the sense of humor of a rock. They're not afraid to use big words like "inconceivable" and "indispensable". There's actually conflict, unlike in G3/G3.5, and there seems to have been some character development.

It's aimed at the entire family, rather than just little kids. There have been references, like a few background ponies during a bowling alley scene looking like the characters from The Big Lebowsky. Admittedly, there have been two alcohol jokes. Spike falls asleep in a punch bowl, cuing the joke "The punch has been spiked!" And Applejack's name is the name of an alcoholic drink, so in one episode, she's tiny, and one of the characters calls her "Apple teeny" or "Appletini".

It kind of helps that the show's producers have embraced bronies, and it's nice that they don't let bronies run the show. The voice actors even interact with bronies and go to brony conventions. It's kinda cool.

As for the community driving you away... I'm sorry about that, and I don't blame you. Most people outside of the community tend to only run into what's on the surface - "rabid idiot bronies", as we call them. They're obnoxious, and they're the loudest in the community, making them the most noticeable. To find the better bronies, you have to dig through that barrier of zealous idiocy... or at least find a website where pony R34 is banned.
Its true some bronies are obnoxious and inappropriate at times, but I really have been exposed to the better side of the community and I enjoy being a brony. I like the animations, the characters, the voice acting, the character development, the embracement of bronies, and all this stuff. One of my favorite things about the show is the lessons that are taught and the music. Not just the show music, but also the community music. The show produces good songs and then the community produces good remixes and spin offs.

I guess what im trying to say is there is a good side to MLP and a bad side to it, just try to avoid the bad side and its actually a really cool show and fanbase.

Aged Prophet

17,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
For me, its about community, although the show enables it, its what the community does with it which really pulls me in.

Like there is a guy on youtube who collects votes for the montly top 10

1.Let's Go and Meet the Bronies
2.[Animation] Ponies With Hats
3.My Little Portal: Episode 3 (HD)
4.Rainbow Dash Presents: My Little Dashie
5.[PMV] VIP Clouds Music Video
6.[SFM] Rainbow Factory
7.SIX [PMV]
8. Трейлер 8 выпуск Бронивилль Тайм.
9.New Math by Tom Neighrer
10.Foal Musicians

Was my votes for the stuff released in jan 2013

Although there are many more good ones out there. But month after month its just amazing what peeps come up with.

Fashionable Millionaire

7,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
I enjoy the general message the show sends out to the intended audience, but personally what got me was the character development, as well as the community at large and Hasbros interaction.

To see the best flying pony in all of Equestria to interact with everyone's favourite Mailmare (except for butthurt moms) will always be a golden moment, and I'll only accept half of the 'fix' they did on that episode. They took out her name, man, I don't care if dashie even called her Ditzy...

Also, whoever doesn't love the video below is not human. It's exploding chocolate milk of glass, for crying out loud.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff