Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Humorist

11,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
AndyFrench
AshleyFreeman
Which is why I love this show! It teaches lessons that other shows no longer do! MLP is a light in the darkness as most of the shows still running.... Aren't all that good.

If we are judging it solely based upon lessons taught, you are entirely correct. If we are going by animation... Ehhhh.... that's a bit more iffy. It isn't bad in any sense of the word, but the stylistics are fairly typical for this day in age. They don't really challenge the mould at all. It's basically the typical animation of our age, just with Ponies.

Although if I was going to grant them anything, it would be their colour pallet. It is very bold and pleasant. Again, not ground breaking or anything (When compared to, say Mission Hill's (Because I like tooting the series that this avatar is an enormous reference to's horn) wonderful neon color palet.) but it is very bold and powerful, and that is a plus.

Honestly, when I watch it, I feel like it was made by decent (and when I say decent, understand I don't mean bad. I mean decent. Good, but not like... the reincarnation of Golden Age animators like Tex Avery) making decent (the same applies) animation, not visionaries. Not that that is a bad thing.

My own preference (In our age. If we are going earlier it is a handful of animators from the Golden Age and the Renaissance.) is the work of Pendleton Ward. Anything he touches is filled with an enchanting surrealism, to the point at which I think he is like the Salvador Dali of the Animation World.

Of course you were likely refering to the lesson teaching domain, so I will grant you your point.

Personally, I love the animation in MLP. You could easily write it off as 'just another flash animation," but the animation has so much depth and detail in it. For two quick examples;

1: At the end of Dragonshy, when Pinkie Pie's scaring Rainbow Dash, check out the way the animation on her mouth corresponds with her moving head. It moves so fluidly that it's like it's in 3D. Even anime can never get something like that right.

2: In Putting Your Hoof down and Hurricane Fluttershy, there are beautiful camera shots that move either around or across characters, and they're pulled off so perfectly that they make the characters seem lifelike, almost even 3D.

The animation may not be artistic in the purest sense, but it's technically brilliant.
I'm working on 2 mlp fanfics can u tell me about some good fanfics to draw Inspiration from. One is like upheaval: breaking point. the other is a cross over with kingdom hearts.

Friendly Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I enjoy it because it has a good story, excellent animation, well developed characters, and is overall entertaining. I am a brony, but I absolutely will not push my interest upon anyone else who does not want anything to do with it.

Friendly Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
prophet1991
I'm working on 2 mlp fanfics can u tell me about some good fanfics to draw Inspiration from. One is like upheaval: breaking point. the other is a cross over with kingdom hearts.

I would LOVE to read your fanfics. PM when they are done good sir!
Ok Ashleyfreeman i will it will be under my youtube name thatdudefrom1991

Sparkly Gekko

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Nice to know my question thread let bronies meet and share fanfics.

Sparkly Gekko

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Bump

Would like to revive this thread.
BRONY FOR LIFE!! lol

Barking Cat

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Well, 50% of the fandom is horribly immature, crude and abominable. While the other 50% are some of the most wonderful folk you'll ever meet.

But all we're all mad here.
Captain KyuKyu
Well, 80% of the fandom is horribly immature, crude and abominable. While the other 20% are some of the most wonderful folk you'll ever meet.

But all we're all mad here.

Fixed, based on my experiences. xD

I'm still afraid to go to a con due to that 80%. ; - ; God, what happened to this forum? It's so dead now.

Sparkly Gekko

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Jackie Trade
Lets revive it, woohoo.
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Lets revive it, woohoo.

Yeah, that's never gonna happen. <.< Miracles don't exist. This place was jumping quite a few months ago, like around May-September. So much drama...

Sparkly Gekko

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Lets revive it, woohoo.

Yeah, that's never gonna happen. <.< Miracles don't exist. This place was jumping quite a few months ago, like around May-September. So much drama...
Then perhaps weeding out the drama would be the best thing to do to revive something.

Besides I'm not even a My Little Pony fan, I just enjoy watching you lot talk.
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Lets revive it, woohoo.

Then perhaps weeding out the drama would be the best thing to do to revive something.

I, too, am a fan of small-time conflict. * w * But weeding out the drama has proven ineffective. Multiple attempts always brought up some new form of it and everyone, including me, just kind of gave up.

I have 3k+ posts and 90% were in this forum since May. Now... I'll be lucky to post her ten times a week.

Sparkly Gekko

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Adventurer Madame
Jackie Trade
Lets revive it, woohoo.

I, too, am a fan of small-time conflict. * w * But weeding out the drama has proven ineffective. Multiple attempts always brought up some new form of it and everyone, including me, just kind of gave up.

I have 3k+ posts and 90% were in this forum since May. Now... I'll be lucky to post her ten times a week.

You don't deal with drama starters you merely ignore them, delete their posts and if worst comes to worst them they banned from posting on the forum by talking to a forum admin.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff