Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Millionaire

9,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Millionaire 200
Vasyl Zaejue
Well in my book the season finale should be three/four parter with all of the villains reappearing. (except nightmare moon) with a mega-evil bad guy showing up to reveal that they were behind it all.

Eh....maybe a new bad guy

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

11,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Well it should involve the antagonists to the mane 6 (within reason, I don't see Discord reappearing)

Explorer

Just saw the latest episode. Ye olde spoilers. [It was a pretty solid episode. While the focus was obviously on Pinkie, they made a good effort to include all of main cast. That's what I'm talking about - getting back to their roots of working together. I hope this stays consistent. For once I actually didn't understand the message they were trying to send, but it was still a fun time.

Also, during the paint drying contest, the one pinkie that made the G1 face made me lose it. It was fantastic.
]

Distinct Lunatic

2,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
Takarashi
Just saw the latest episode. Ye olde spoilers.

White Text!
Holy crap, that G1 face! I lol'd so hard...

Anyway, I think the message is that there is only one you, and that's the person your friends care about. It doesn't matter if you can see them on one day or another vs another friend, so long as you can drop by for a visit.
End.

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Pinkie Pyro

I know, right? I lol'd at it.

If there's one lesson I gathered from it, it's that Pinkie is best pony...as long as there's only 1.

Eloquent Humorist

11,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I liked the new episode, but the characterizations seem to have gotten really lazy and shallow, and Ponyville feels a lot less vibrant than it used to...

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
I agree. I love Pinkie, but she seems to have become.... child-like. She's always been immature and random, but now she is throwing tantrums for wanting a bugal horn. And she isn't the only one. I think it has turned to be a little more silly than usual; Rarity pulling her hair down in excitement upon hearing about Crystal Ponies and Twilight spinning in circles in the Crystal Empire library, apparently in a trance.

I know each show changes, but I didn't think it would take just two seasons for it to start going down hill. I just hope the incline doesn't increase...

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Corailiethe20th
I agree. I love Pinkie, but she seems to have become.... child-like. She's always been immature and random, but now she is throwing tantrums for wanting a bugal horn. And she isn't the only one. I think it has turned to be a little more silly than usual; Rarity pulling her hair down in excitement upon hearing about Crystal Ponies and Twilight spinning in circles in the Crystal Empire library, apparently in a trance.

I know each show changes, but I didn't think it would take just two seasons for it to start going down hill. I just hope the incline doesn't increase...

The characters haven't changed, at all. These are just rare moments of absolute euphoria for these characters. As for Pinkie, they've ALWAYS given her a child-like spirit. There's nothing of a surprise, there.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
It is too early to tell, so we'll just have to agree to disagree for now. As the season progresses, I'll have more to look at.

I have to completely disagree with you on the Pinkie stance though. To me she's always been random, innocent, and immature, but not child-like. She's always been just one step away, but now she has crossed that line.

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Corailiethe20th
It is too early to tell, so we'll just have to agree to disagree for now. As the season progresses, I'll have more to look at.

I have to completely disagree with you on the Pinkie stance though. To me she's always been random, innocent, and immature, but not child-like. She's always been just one step away, but now she has crossed that line.

Actually, she's always had those moments of childlike attitude and behavior. This is just the first one you've identified as child-like.

There was the Party of One thing, where she, in typical childish fashion, assumed her friends deserted her, so she made up new friends, to take their place, imaginatively. And there's her bouncing on a trampoline in several places, including doing so to impatiently contact Dash. And of course, her sticking her head in a chocolate fountain.

It's one of many components to her personality. Childlike and carefree.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
black_wing_angel
Corailiethe20th

Actually, she's always had those moments of childlike attitude and behavior. This is just the first one you've identified as child-like.

There was the Party of One thing, where she, in typical childish fashion, assumed her friends deserted her, so she made up new friends, to take their place, imaginatively. And there's her bouncing on a trampoline in several places, including doing so to impatiently contact Dash. And of course, her sticking her head in a chocolate fountain.

I see what you are getting at, but to me, those are different from childlike. The Party of One thing I feel is just from her being neurotic. I know she would score VERY high in neuroticism on the Big 5 Personality scale. That seemed perfect to me, how she flipped out. But I don't think it was childish. Maladaptive? Definitely, but not childish.

The bouncing on the trampoline is just her randomness coming out, as is the sticking her head in the chocolate fountain. Which was just gross, btw.

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Corailiethe20th
black_wing_angel
Corailiethe20th

I see what you are getting at, but to me, those are different from childlike. The Party of One thing I feel is just from her being neurotic. I know she would score VERY high in neuroticism on the Big 5 Personality scale. That seemed perfect to me, how she flipped out. But I don't think it was childish. Maladaptive? Definitely, but not childish.

The bouncing on the trampoline is just her randomness coming out, as is the sticking her head in the chocolate fountain. Which was just gross, btw.

Ah, but these are things that are typical of children. Or at least, typically desired by children. How many times do you think I've seen children being pulled away from the chocolate fountain at Golden Corral, by their parents, for trying to eat the chocolate, straight from the fountain? And the neurotic friend replacement? That SCREAMS childish behavior. It's quite typical for a child who's just been ignored or "broke up with" by a friend, to basically scream "FINE!" and then go and make up imaginary friends.

Are they examples of her randomness coming out? Absolutely. But they're also representative of her childlike sense of imagination and fun, and carefree life.

It's not always so blatant as it was with her "I WANT A BUGLE HORN!" tantrum, but that bit was well within her character.

Anyway, I don't think it was anything indicative of future behavior tendencies, or anything. Just something funny to be laughed at, like the blatant cameo of Gen 1 Pinkie Pie. Just more randomness for the audience to smile and laugh at.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
Well, everyone will at times show behaviors typical in children; some far less often than others. But even though Pinkie is immature, acting childish and having a child-like quality are two different things to me. And I've just not felt that she was child-like until now in those few instances.

And that cameo was hilarious.

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Corailiethe20th
Well, everyone will at times show behaviors typical in children; some far less often than others. But even though Pinkie is immature, acting childish and having a child-like quality are two different things to me. And I've just not felt that she was child-like until now in those few instances.

Like I said, it was probably just something they thought would be funny, and possibly fit her character pretty well. And I have to say, I thought it pretty well fit her character.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
black_wing_angel
Corailiethe20th

Like I said, it was probably just something they thought would be funny, and possibly fit her character pretty well. And I have to say, I thought it pretty well fit her character.

I agree with you on that; it was TOTALLY Pinkie Pie to pop in that Gen 1 pony. I thought they were joking when I saw her Gen 1 face in the commercials(?) on the Hub, but they weren't.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff