Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Sweetheart

I don't know, I see nothing wrong with this. This is a show for little girls, so it makes sense to make Twilight a princess. It's the one pony to root for. Technically, she is part of the royal bloodline now anyways since the Canterlot wedding. For all anyone can guess, she could simply just be a lady in waiting.

Fans who actually ragequit and stop watching the show JUST BECAUSE of this plotpoint that makes complete sense makes me question weather or not they are fans to begin with, or if they were just along for the ride and got into it because of all the 4chan memes and Hot Topic merch.. This was obviously something being lead up to at some point.

Sorry, we can't write every episode for Laura Faust. or whoever else is working on it now. *rolls eyes* They've given people what they wanted quite a bit when they didn't have to, so when they does something new like this, everyone gets pissed. Seriously, it's s**t like this that makes me not want to be associated with bronies to begin with.

Friendly Gaian

5,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pudgy Doodles:

I think what frustrates me most about this whole ordeal is how much they are basically screwing over the alicorn mythology they've been working on for 2 seasons, just to give one character the spotlight. Yes, they were never clear about how alicorns came to exist, but there is too much already presented for the 'earn their wings' root to Alicorn existence to properly take place, without contradicting previous episodes, and characters. it just feels like they are forcing this idea onto us, just to sell more toys, or advertise a new toy.

I should be overjoyed by Twilight getting wings, because 'earning their wings' for alicorns has been an idea I would of loved to have been in the story since the beginning. But, it feels like whatever idea that they had for Alicorns then, is being thrown out, for the idea now, just to make Twilight Sparkle, a super special, magical Mary sue to sell more toys.

That's another thing that is such a shame into loosing. Twilight, for me, was always walking a thin line between being a very well balance character, and a Mary sue, and although she wasn't my favorite, I still admired her as a character, and how much hard work was put into her personality. Even though this show was probably originally all about her, after the first episode, it really became about her and all her friends. The spotlight was always passed from one pony to another, and it gave me the message that Friendship works that way; it's not all about one person/pony.

But now, it truly feels like this show is not about friendship, it's just about twilight sparkle, with a few side episodes starring her friends.... And, I never felt like I would of ever said this before now, but... I really hope things change either in season 4, or that that's it's final season...

Hilarious Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Minako Omizuki

User Image
HOLD IT! I agree with you and ringo.But I just dont like twilight sparkle (srry if i offended any twilight fans but its just my opinion) in my perspective and i think she becomes to over powered when she does....And also whatever pudgy up there said about alicorn mythology....

Fashionable Shapeshifter

11,200 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sea And Sunshine

Pudgy Doodles:

I think what frustrates me most about this whole ordeal is how much they are basically screwing over the alicorn mythology they've been working on for 2 seasons, just to give one character the spotlight. Yes, they were never clear about how alicorns came to exist, but there is too much already presented for the 'earn their wings' root to Alicorn existence to properly take place, without contradicting previous episodes, and characters. it just feels like they are forcing this idea onto us, just to sell more toys, or advertise a new toy.

I should be overjoyed by Twilight getting wings, because 'earning their wings' for alicorns has been an idea I would of loved to have been in the story since the beginning. But, it feels like whatever idea that they had for Alicorns then, is being thrown out, for the idea now, just to make Twilight Sparkle, a super special, magical Mary sue to sell more toys.

That's another thing that is such a shame into loosing. Twilight, for me, was always walking a thin line between being a very well balance character, and a Mary sue, and although she wasn't my favorite, I still admired her as a character, and how much hard work was put into her personality. Even though this show was probably originally all about her, after the first episode, it really became about her and all her friends. The spotlight was always passed from one pony to another, and it gave me the message that Friendship works that way; it's not all about one person/pony.

But now, it truly feels like this show is not about friendship, it's just about twilight sparkle, with a few side episodes starring her friends.... And, I never felt like I would of ever said this before now, but... I really hope things change either in season 4, or that that's it's final season...

1st) What Alicorn Canon? They were and still are the biggest mystery of the entire show. The only things we knew about them was that the only ones we've seen were all princesses. And Not all of them were uber powerful, either. Celestia can't do crap aside from raise the sun, really. She has 6 ponies save the world for her. Luna... well she shouts a lot, raises the moon, and watches you while you sleep because she has nothing better to do at night. Cadence intensifies the feelings of love people have for each other? And she can generate a magic bubble big enough to cover a city. But so can her husband. Cadance's power is odd. I don't think she can like "Cupid's Arrow" people and complete strangers into falling in love. Even with Twilight becoming one it still doesn't ruin anything. Obviously Twilgiht gains her wings magically but where in the show has any evidence been shown that they have to earn their wings? How do we even know it's true for ALL Alicorns? They haven't told us squat and we don't know enough about the three other Alicorns. Judging by what has been presented, though, it seems they've ALWAYS had wings. We do get the luxury of seeing Cadance when she is younger.

2nd) Twilight Sparkle has always been the focus of the show. She's the main character for a reason. The story, while episodic, still follows her adventures learning about friendship and her defending Equestria with her friends. With out her connection to them, having episodes focusing on the rest of the 5 ponies would seem weird. They change up the episode focus so it won't get stale. It DOES switch focus, from pony to pony but what makes you think that her having wings for a season finale will just automatically change the entire formula for a show that has been episodic from the get-go? Applejack and her family had a ton of episodes on both season 2 and 3 but no one cries that it's all about her now. Of course things will change up. They made a big deal about the royal wedding yet the entirety of season 3 didn't focus on Cadance and the Crystal Emprie, did it?

3rd) How does growing a pair of wings automatically qualify Twilight Sparkle a Mary-Sue while being a turbo-charged unicorn does not? She's always had outrageous abilities without some extra limbs plastered to her back. Making her an Alicorn is simply giving her an appearance to match her magical talents she's had since birth. It goes right along with that Brony headcanon that alicorns are supposed to be all-powerful.

Aged Lunatic

iDJ PON-3
I just dont like twilight sparkle

I see how it is, Vinyl >w> Trash-talking my marshmallow like that! (only joking >w< )

Lonely Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I guess to some...it just feels like our little girl is growing up.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100

emotion_bigheart People are getting upset because a lot of people just want her to stay normal, if this isn't a temp spell. They feel like it cheapens and ruins the show for them. It's like shoe horning a character into something just to make them more appealing, with almost total disregard for any actual plot or reason.

It would be one thing if they could create an actual entertaining explanation, but it really seems like they're just doing it to sell toys. And, while I get that one of the points of this series was to sell toys, the creative team also made it a point to actually make the show bearable to watch without jumping the shark.

It also then cheapens the mysterious image of the alicorn. If Twilight can just magically make herself one, then it's like.. well, s**t. Where the ******** are all of the other ones for the past two seasons? I mean, if you're THAT powerful of a mage, there MUST be other powerful mages elsewhere in Equestria who can match nor even surpass her in magic.

And, surely they can also make themselves alicorns, right? By that logic, yes.

It's just so blatant that it's pandering because for two whole seasons, we were not once told about alicorns. Ever. Hell, that term wasn't even in the canon. Just fanon. But, all of a sudden once the show got REAL big and season three came.. Boom, alicorn is canon and guess what? YOU CAN MAKE THEM! What, lol. It's like, it really stops being coincidence when it gets to this point.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Princess Mi Amore Cadenza

emotion_bigheart People are getting upset because a lot of people just want her to stay normal, if this isn't a temp spell. They feel like it cheapens and ruins the show for them. It's like shoe horning a character into something just to make them more appealing, with almost total disregard for any actual plot or reason.

It would be one thing if they could create an actual entertaining explanation, but it really seems like they're just doing it to sell toys. And, while I get that one of the points of this series was to sell toys, the creative team also made it a point to actually make the show bearable to watch without jumping the shark.

It also then cheapens the mysterious image of the alicorn. If Twilight can just magically make herself one, then it's like.. well, s**t. Where the ******** are all of the other ones for the past two seasons? I mean, if you're THAT powerful of a mage, there MUST be other powerful mages elsewhere in Equestria who can match nor even surpass her in magic.

It's just so blatant that it's pandering because for two whole seasons, we were not once told about alicorns. Ever. Hell, that term wasn't even in the canon. Just fanon. But, all of a sudden once the show got REAL big and season three came.. Boom, alicorn is canon and guess what? YOU CAN MAKE THEM! What, lol. It's like, it really stops being coincidence when it gets to this point.

"They can make them" being you need to be a pony who displays miraculous abilities within his or her lifetime and do a lot a stuff for the greater good for all Ponies.

There might be some sort of supernatural artifact involved as well (a "crown" one guesses mayhap the Elements you know given it's a coronation in all)

That would account for the rareness of them

All the mane6 hell all the ponies we have seen but Twilight would fail on the display miraculous ability part

Timid Gaian

iDJ PON-3
User Image
HOLD IT! I agree with you and ringo.But I just dont like twilight sparkle (srry if i offended any twilight fans but its just my opinion) in my perspective and i think she becomes to over powered when she does....And also whatever pudgy up there said about alicorn mythology....

Haha, i-it's fine to not like Twilight, Vinyl, I-I understand ^///^;; I-it's fine to respectully diagree too, I'm glad you put in your 2 Cents!

Unbeatable Conversationalist

6,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200

Hilarious Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Minako Omizuki
iDJ PON-3
User Image

Haha, i-it's fine to not like Twilight, Vinyl, I-I understand ^///^;; I-it's fine to respectully diagree too, I'm glad you put in your 2 Cents!

its just my opinion on not liking her i didnt mean to say you didnt like her lol

Dangerous Friend

7,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
Smithkakarot
I guess to some...it just feels like our little girl is growing up.

I couldn't agree more. I've always loved Twi', and I feel like she hasn't changed a bit.

Beloved Fairy

10,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
I cant wait for the episode now .

Fashionable Shapeshifter

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Princess Mi Amore Cadenza

I'm really unsure if there are other Unicorns that could honestly best Twilight. She is the living embodiment of magic. Pure magic in a living, breathing, pony-shaped package. It doesn't get much more powerful than that. Unless she found a way to transcend a physical form and become an ever-living magic essence that is invincible to everything. Trixie slipped her up at best with stupid little Las Vegas street magic. The only unicorn I can think of would be Sombra and he's dead anyway so it doesn't matter. I would wager his magic only did Twilight in for a bit because it was black magic and she had never encountered it before.

The other Alicorns are all in hiding because the bronies hate them. They saw how the fans reacted when their beloved Twilight Sparkle gained her wings and now they refuse to come out in fear that they will never be loved and will have to die all alone with out any fans to adore them.
You know, I always thought Twilight would become the next Starswirl the Bearded...minus the beard of course. Wings or not, being a mage or scholar would better suit her than being a princess imo. But that's just me. Other than that, I'm not butthurt over the whole thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games