Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Cultist

11,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
I feel like I'm one of the only people who thinks that it makes sense, and isn't "THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!" I mean, the show has been building up to this for awhile, hasn't it? She's the student of the princess, gifted with magic, and a consistent savior of the world. If you ask me, it seems pretty obvious - what, with all the lessons - that Celestia has been grooming her for this for years with tests of both skill and compassion. Heck, her element is even a freaking crown.

While I don't know how accurate this source is, it sounds like they don't plan to change her personality or relationship with the cast much, easier. The "new challenges" makes it sound like she'll become sort of a princess in training. Basically, the only difference seems like it's gonna be her ability to fly. (Again, though, I don't know how accurate that source is.) Celestia's special talent is moving the sun, while Twilight's is ALL magic, period. Quite frankly, especially with the "never seen a unicorn with your raw ability" thing when she first got her Cutie Mark, it sounds to me like her power may even be capable of surpassing Celestia in the distant future, if she hones it properly.

Basically, I support the decision to make Twilight an alicorn, if it is in fact made. I don't think it's even close to jumping the shark, as some people seem to be convinced, and I don't understand how some people are saying this one thing might ruin the show. As far as I'm concerned, make way for the honorable Princess Twilight Sparkle, if she is in fact coming at all.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Supportive Seeker

I'm with you. It totally makes sense. But you can't exactly expect the most logical reasoning from this fandom.
The only thing that bums me out is that now we wont have an equal number of pegasi, earth ponies, and unicorns in the main cast :c
But that's a fairly trivial little thing
I'm still holding off on judgement until the episodes actually air to see how they handle it.
No point in worrying to me.

Timid Gaian

I-I'm with you, Miss Ringo... I-I don't understand it either...

I-isn't it supposed to be temporary a-anyway...?

Fashionable Cultist

11,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
NyteSama
The only thing that bums me out is that now we wont have an equal number of pegasi, earth ponies, and unicorns in the main cast :c
I'm still holding off on judgement until the episodes actually air to see how they handle it.

I just had to quote you to say that I love your Journey cosplay. I'm sorry, we can go back on topic now.

A-ahem. Anyway, yeah, I do agree about the "how they handle it" thing. If they handle it well, then all is well with the world. However, there's still a chance that they could completely screw it up. Even if I don't think it's jumping the shark, it's still a pretty big thing, and it has to be handled with delicacy.

Minako Omizuki

No one knows for a fact whether it's temporary or not yet; it's just been speculation so far. Some sources are saying yes, some are saying no, and it seems like we ultimately won't find out until the episode actually comes out. By the way, are you a cosplayer, or is that an OC?

Timid Gaian

Ringoringa
No one knows for a fact whether it's temporary or not yet; it's just been speculation so far. Some sources are saying yes, some are saying no, and it seems like we ultimately won't find out until the episode actually comes out. By the way, are you a cosplayer, or is that an OC?

O-oh, Alright! I hadn't realized that was the situation, I-I only heard that it WAS temporary! emotion_sweatdrop

Oh gosh, I'm sorry for the confusion!

I-it's Kindness's Main here... ^////^;; I-I use Pearly sprites on this account to depict MY EXPRESSIONS and emotions so I don't get misunderstood. 4laugh

But yes, This OC of mine is "Pony-tized" o-or however the term is, so maybe once I draw her pony version I'll show you all in the OC Central~?

Fashionable Cultist

11,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Minako Omizuki
Ringoringa

O-oh, Alright! I hadn't realized that was the situation, I-I only heard that it WAS temporary! emotion_sweatdrop

Oh gosh, I'm sorry for the confusion!

I-it's Kindness's Main here... ^////^;; I-I use Pearly sprites on this account to depict MY EXPRESSIONS and emotions so I don't get misunderstood. 4laugh

But yes, This OC of mine is "Pony-tized" o-or however the term is, so maybe once I draw her pony version I'll show you all in the OC Central~?

Oh, alright, then. I look forward to it. XD I must know of ALL teh anime. ALL OF IT. So when I don't recognize someone, I just have to ask.

Supportive Seeker

Ringoringa
NyteSama

I just had to quote you to say that I love your Journey cosplay. I'm sorry, we can go back on topic now.

A-ahem. Anyway, yeah, I do agree about the "how they handle it" thing. If they handle it well, then all is well with the world. However, there's still a chance that they could completely screw it up. Even if I don't think it's jumping the shark, it's still a pretty big thing, and it has to be handled with delicacy.

Minako Omizuki

I honestly hope it's not temporary. Would be a nice dynamic change.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Basically a Massive amount of Fanon and personal Headcanon has been destroyed by this.

And this makes idiots mad

Lonely Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I've already said this in my own thread, but there's more to this than meets the eye.

Questionable Streaker

Bronies need to chill seriously. Im surprised by this decision to make Twilight an alicorn, but at the same time, I had a feeling something like this was bound to happen. Besides, I heavily doubt this is permanent thing, since the show's dynamic would change incredibly with one of the mane 6 having both magic and flight. Im looking forward to it anyway and Im not going to get my jimmies rustled over it. If you think you can make a better rewrite of the finale, than go become a writer in Hasbro.
I think the whole puerile section of the fandom that's throwing fits over Ali!Twi needs to calm their tits and get it into their heads that this cartoon was never meant for them, so what they want means nothing to the execs behind the show/franchise. Oh sure, the creative team's been able to make small nods and what all, but we can't say that they're doing what they've been doing all for the older members of the fandom. That's just stupidly selfish.

The franchise has and always will be for a young demographic of girls. Every little girl of the kind who really gets into the commoner-to-royalty shtick dreams of becoming a princess. That's what's going on with Ali!Twi. She's the focus character, has shown remarkable skill, and was given a mission to learn about more of the world outside her library and books, so it only makes sense that she join the ranks of the Winged and Horned. Temporary or permanently.

As for me, I'm neutral to the idea. I'm going to wait and see how they handle it. Because we don't know for sure whether it's permanent or temporary.
But I AM tired of the bitching. How many threads do we have on the front page about this, anyway? Eight?
EDIT: I counted. I was close. There's seven, including this one.

Dangerous Ladykiller

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
I am against the Twi-licorn, but it all depends on two things to switch me around.
1. How the final episode plays out.
2. Was this Faust's plan all along? If her imagination never lead to Twi being Alicorn, then I'm 100% against it.
I say this because Ms. Faust has not been in the writers or directors seat on this show since Season2.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Dimension Jumper Lone

2. Was this Faust's plan all along? .

Given she commented on twitter about Cadance and how she was a Unicorn in the show Bible

right after she appeared

But can't with Twilight makes me believe so

She does not want to deal with the rage what would be unleashed upon her by the "Fans"

at least if she did the whole "lets ask Faust about Canon in a show she no longer works on and whatever she says trumps the actual show canon" would at long last die

Wealthy Millionaire

9,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Millionaire 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items