Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Conversationalist

7,300 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Rumblestiltskin
I don't see this going very well. From PowerPuff Girls Z to Marvel Anime, it just seems like the Japanese don't do nearly as well as adapting American content for Japanese audience as America is at adapting Japanese content for an American audience.

They're just dubbing it not revamping it. Oh god their version of MLP would defiantly suck major balls. I'm still peeved about what they did to the PowerPuff Girls.

Friendly Sweetheart

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hikarulawl
Actually believe it or not the Japanese weeaboos already bitching about their dub of the show and much rather watch it in English because listing to a language you don't understand is ******** cool right? rolleyes

Maybe they're used to the fansubs. After all, if they love the US voices and are used to it, they'll know that the VAs used for the dub may not match that of the US'.

Barking Cat

13,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Ameriboos and little Japanese Lolitas are going to have their pantsu in a twist for this release.

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Hikarulawl
Rumblestiltskin
I don't see this going very well. From PowerPuff Girls Z to Marvel Anime, it just seems like the Japanese don't do nearly as well as adapting American content for Japanese audience as America is at adapting Japanese content for an American audience.

They're just dubbing it not revamping it. Oh god their version of MLP would defiantly suck major balls. I'm still peeved about what they did to the PowerPuff Girls.

I figured, and those probably weren't the best examples to give, but if you look up their dubs of stuff like the Simpsons, you'll see what I'm saying probably a bit more accurately.

Romantic Cat

13,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'll have to tell my Japanese friends to keep an eye out of pony merch for me.

Questionable Citizen

11,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lady Leopardess

From what I've seen (and it isn't much mind you) It looks like they're going to be getting a good chunk, of the merch that Hasbro put out here. Why make their own exclusives to kick off the series when they have a few year's worth of stuff from the U.S to work with? It'd be really risky seeing as they might not be sure if ponies will catch on in Japan with general audiences like it has in the U.S. I dobut the brony fandom In Japan is big enoguh to keep the ENTIRE franchise afloat over there if it isn't popular among the target audience as well, which is still little girls.

Romantic Cat

13,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Murasaki Alien
Lady Leopardess

From what I've seen (and it isn't much mind you) It looks like they're going to be getting a good chunk, of the merch that Hasbro put out here. Why make their own exclusives to kick off the series when they have a few year's worth of stuff from the U.S to work with? It'd be really risky seeing as they might not be sure if ponies will catch on in Japan with general audiences like it has in the U.S. I dobut the brony fandom In Japan is big enoguh to keep the ENTIRE franchise afloat over there if it isn't popular among the target audience as well, which is still little girls.

This is Japan though, so the male audience isn't really even needed honestly to keep it afloat. Because Japan has a very thriving market for " cho kawaii mono" .They might get cool claw machine plushes. I'm happy for my Korean friend though I think she will have an easier time understanding Japanese than trying to follow English.(although she's very talented in English too)

Then again I don't understand why Bambi isn't hugely popular in Japan. It's got cute animals and death which are large parts of japanese story telling/culture.

Friendly Browser

Toworite Sparkuruu

Reenbow Dashuu

Pinkii Pai

Raritii

Furutashai

Appurjakku

User Image
Sound and Light

Toworite Sparkuruu

Reenbow Dashuu

Pinkii Pai

Raritii

Furutashai

Appurjakku

User Image
Oh man I'm not sure if I should be laughing at this but I am. xd (Whatever, since we're being possibly politically incorrect I gotta say there's probably going to be some "interesting" fan stuff coming out of Japan)

Dapper Dabbler

Murasaki Alien
The Element of Kindness
Murasaki Alien
I can see it now:
DA JAPANESE VERSION IS LIEK SOOOO MUCH BETTUR DAN DA AMURIKAN VERSION! AND IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET BECAUSE EGLUSH VERSIONS OF ERRY THING SUK!

(( emotion_kirakira I was HOPING I wasn't the only one HATING IT when people are like that! So far ALL OF MY FRIENDS irl hated ANYTHING dubbed...

I-I liked them a bit... I-I liked both... ; ^ ;

O-oh, uhm... S-sorry for butting in.. >//<;; ))

I can't stand it when folks are like that either! I thankfully have friends that aren't anime snobs. I would have to slap them. Personally dubs can vary for me sometimes, Sometimes the Japanese dubs just irk me while the english dub isn't nails-on-chalkboard.*cough*DragonballZ'sJapanesedub.

To stay on topic, I'm most definitely going to check out the Japanese dub just to hear what the ponies sound like, though. I don't actually speak any Japanese so trying to understand it would be a waste without subs. I'm also curious about what they will change about the characters. Sometimes weird things can be altered in translations to sort of "naturalize" it. Of course no one complains about that, hardly, either. It's a horrible double standard... Anime cannot be edited and must be translated as closely as possible but if they make Rainbow Dash male transvestite that wants a sex change operation no one will care.
Is that a Transformers Beast Wars reference? I remember fans being pissed about the Japanese version of that one. If not, then I read WAY too much into your post. NVM then. XD

Anyway, I anticipate Tantei Milky Holmes crossover fanart, since they'll have the same cast.

Barking Cat

13,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
AMG IT SHUD BE A MANGA

My little sister is doing this to me right now.
-__-
I'm not kidding. God, she's lucky I love her.

Questionable Citizen

11,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tenkohime
Murasaki Alien
The Element of Kindness
Murasaki Alien
I can see it now:
DA JAPANESE VERSION IS LIEK SOOOO MUCH BETTUR DAN DA AMURIKAN VERSION! AND IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET BECAUSE EGLUSH VERSIONS OF ERRY THING SUK!

(( emotion_kirakira I was HOPING I wasn't the only one HATING IT when people are like that! So far ALL OF MY FRIENDS irl hated ANYTHING dubbed...

I-I liked them a bit... I-I liked both... ; ^ ;

O-oh, uhm... S-sorry for butting in.. >//<;; ))

I can't stand it when folks are like that either! I thankfully have friends that aren't anime snobs. I would have to slap them. Personally dubs can vary for me sometimes, Sometimes the Japanese dubs just irk me while the english dub isn't nails-on-chalkboard.*cough*DragonballZ'sJapanesedub.

To stay on topic, I'm most definitely going to check out the Japanese dub just to hear what the ponies sound like, though. I don't actually speak any Japanese so trying to understand it would be a waste without subs. I'm also curious about what they will change about the characters. Sometimes weird things can be altered in translations to sort of "naturalize" it. Of course no one complains about that, hardly, either. It's a horrible double standard... Anime cannot be edited and must be translated as closely as possible but if they make Rainbow Dash male transvestite that wants a sex change operation no one will care.
Is that a Transformers Beast Wars reference? I remember fans being pissed about the Japanese version of that one. If not, then I read WAY too much into your post. NVM then. XD

Anyway, I anticipate Tantei Milky Holmes crossover fanart, since they'll have the same cast.

It wasn't at the time, but, now that you mention it, I know what you mean! Poor AirRazor....

Magical Businessman

Thinking of MLP:FiM with Japanese voices reminds me of Sailor Moon for some reason.

And yeah, this could be a potential Base Breaker, creating the division between the regular Bronies, and the anime fanatic weeabo Bronies.

Super Player

12,600 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Murasaki Alien
Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

emotion_bigheart Soon, all of the little Weeaboos will be obsessing over the Japanese versions of the episodes.

I can see it now:
DA JAPANESE VERSION IS LIEK SOOOO MUCH BETTUR DAN DA AMURIKAN VERSION! AND IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET BECAUSE EGLUSH VERSIONS OF ERRY THING SUK!I'm a weeaboo and I'm not going to suddenly believe the Japanese version will be better. :/ I don't believe that the English versions of everything is crap.

Though I do wonder what changes will be made to make the show fit a little more with Japanese standards. Apparently the scenes where they're at the spa is risque to them while we don't think much of it. Also Cheerilee, Big Mac, and Fluttershy tend to be popular with the Japanese. I wish I had that article that talked about that. It was an interesting read.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff