Welcome to Gaia! ::

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image

gaia_crown ..amongst males. Mares and fillies are not excluded from this thread and you are most certainly welcome to join in on the discussion.~ emotion_bigheart

I would like to preface this discussion by stating that this is only a conclusion that I arrived at based on observations and by questioning many male fans. It is only a theory. Please do not bite my head off. ;-;

Now, when I bring up the topic of why one or all of the mane six are so popular with men, I mean personality wise. Yes, the show itself contains references to things that males may enjoy, but other fans and non-fans have asked the question: "But, why this pony?" or "Why these ponies?"

I've noticed that each member of the mane six is an archetype of a type of girl that males are attracted to. Let's take a look, shall we?

Twilight Sparkle: The studious, intelligent, book worm who is the epitome of nerd chic`. Some desire a girl such as this as they enjoy holding lengthy, intelligent conversations with them. For some of you, this girl may be the type that you would absolutely adore having as a member of your cram sessions. Some guys dig book worms!~

Rarity: The posh, elegant, belle of the ball with an exquisite sense of fashion and flair. Though, one mustn't let their prejudices get the best of them, as this beauty has a generous, giving demeanor. Some desire a girl such as this, as they admire her class, charm, and wit. Can she be a bit of a drama queen? Why, of course! However, that sometimes can be a tad amusing. She also gives off a sort of princess complex, if you will; One that can create a desire for one to be her knight in shining armor.

Fluttershy: This one is usually a big hit with the anime fans.~ She is kind, sweet, demure, timid, and has a heart of solid gold. Those who are also socially awkward tend to gravitate towards this creature, as they both have a myriad of shyness. Her adorable squeaks, soft voice, and non-confrontational demeanor are also things that are fawned over. Some desire a shy girl who blushes at just about anything.

Pinkie Pie: LOLRANDOM by nature, she is the party animal of the area. Silly, giggly, hyper, and a girl who will make you smile and laugh even on your absolute worst days. Some desire the party girl with the wacky personality, because she's fun to be around and wouldn't ever leave you feeling unwelcome at one of her events.

Rainbow Dash: The jock, the tomboy, and the one who could kick your rear in video games. She's arrogant and she can be a bit cocky at times, but she's a loyal friend who will stay by your side. Some desire the tomboy/athletic type because they enjoy the idea of a girl who is also 'just like one of the dudes'. They don't have to impress her with jewelry or put on airs or hold their bodily gasses in. In fact, she would probably make the latter into a competition, too.

Applejack: Honest and hard working, she and her family will always welcome you into their home with the utmost hospitality. She's a rustic farm girl who doesn't mind getting dirty when the time calls for it. Although she isn't exactly girly, she has a type of beauty that is all her own. How many guys can say that their girlfriend participates in rodeos?~

Again, this is just emphasizing on the mane six. I realize that there are fans who gravitate towards other ponies, but I see more and more of the public asking why it is that some are gravitating towards the members of the mane six.

This is also a thread focusing on the personalities of the mane six. For a moment, imagine them as humans or just focus on their personalities themselves. Separate the character's body from it's personality and dissect that. I am in no way advocating anypony to enter a real life relationship with a pony. Although, if you're into that, I have nothing against you and won't stop you because it's really none of my business nor can we control what we're attracted to.

Your thoughts, forum?~ emotion_bigheart gaia_crown

My god your Right good Job Princess -bows-

Girl-Crazy Shapeshifter

8,100 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
If the ponies were human I think Applejack really is the most date-able pony. ^^

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with your theory. I may be generalizing here, but I think it's safe to say that the normal male fan of the show isn't watching the show because he is attracted to the characters in that degree...and this is disregarding the fact that they aren't human. Because, believe it or not, most guys don't pick what they watch based on attraction to characters...we watch it because we think the show is good or it at least appeals to our tastes. And of course the Mane 6 are going to be the more popular characters...they're the main cast of the show. They get the most screen time, so they're easier to relate to.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

emotion_kirakira
you are the best princess ever 4laugh
you always seem to make the most sense! c:

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
kevin3485
User Image

gaia_crown I like how you think. emotion_kirakira gaia_crown

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
kevin3485
User Image

gaia_crown I like how you think. emotion_kirakira gaia_crown

Thank you.

Supportive Puppy

I do say, this sounds rather legit.
This video seems relevant.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
PrincessLuna of Equestria
User Image

gaia_crown ((STILL BEST AUNT. emotion_awesome )) gaia_crown

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Reaper_Virus
User Image

gaia_crown ((That s**t cray.)) gaia_crown

Hilarious Genius

I'm RD, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie, according to that.

4laugh
I'm attracted to girls that are most like Twilight Sparkle and Applejack because I feel like they would balance me out. I find that my personality is a lot like Pinkie Pie and with all my energy and randomness an organized studious girl like Twilight or a hard working honest girl like AJ would benefit me in life. Like sometimes I need to be told to simmer down and be serious once in a while.

Thinking back my last girlfriend was a lot like Applejack specifically for these reasons. She liked me because I could get her to loosen up and have fun and I liked her because I admired her work ethic.

Despite all this I don't ship Pinkie with either TS or AJ.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
onepromise17
User Image

gaia_crown My last girlfriend was actually like Derpy Hooves.. xd

I feel that I can relate most to Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, or Cadence. gaia_crown

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff