Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Bunny

So, i decided to record myself earlier today. I know these aren't the best quality since i used my iPod. And i messed up a few times in these. Sorry about that! I like constructive criticism!

God Knows - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Link

Still learning Korean. Sorry if i mispronounce anything.
It Hurts - 2NE1
Link

Golden Bunny

emotion_bigheart

Lonely Conversationalist

Very well done! I wish I could sing like that.

Unfortunately, I do not speak, nor understand Korean, at all.
So I am unable to say anything at all. But I do love you're tone,
it sounds to me, very soft. and I admire that in a girls voice especially.

Out of 10? Solid 8.

Golden Bunny

Conciousness
Very well done! I wish I could sing like that.

Unfortunately, I do not speak, nor understand Korean, at all.
So I am unable to say anything at all. But I do love you're tone,
it sounds to me, very soft. and I admire that in a girls voice especially.

Out of 10? Solid 8.

Thank you so much! I've been practicing my singing for around 4 years so I really appreciate that. : )

Golden Bunny

emotion_bigheart
I like your voice, very smooth. It would have more bass and power if you do exercises for singing from your lungs instead of your throat.
Your Korean accent is great though. ;D You must practice a lot.

Golden Bunny

MissAnti

Oh, really? Thanks! I wasn't quite sure if i was good at speaking Korean. n u n"
Okay, i'll try doing that then! Thanks for the advice. c:

Golden Bunny

emotion_bigheart
Just a quick thing about myself is that I'm a classically trained singer. My goal is to direct choirs and teach students one on one with singing and helping them achieve their own personal singing goal. Whether it be being able to get transition through timbres, singing certain songs, and so forth. Now with that said and done, here's my thoughts on your voice.

You have a wonderful timbre; especially for the songs that you chose. However, there are a few techniques that you may want to take note that I can hear without needing to see what you're doing when singing.

When recording, I can hear that you don't have a lot of support. There's not a lot of diaphragm support needed and certain times your voice sounds shaky, breathy and pitchy. This could probably be that when you recorded this song, you were probably sitting. I would recommend standing up with one foot slightly in front of the other (for balance), knees bent, shoulders back and chin parallel to the floor. This is the proper technique for singing. If you need to sit, then sit all to the edge of your chair with your shoulders back, and legs apart. As if you're a noble woman sitting on your throne. This will ultimately help you with your support. You'll notice a difference once you practice and re-record yourself.

Diction and resonance is one of the most important elements in a singer. Because it is in a different language, you must have twice as much diction. This is for others to understand the concept of what you're singing about; whether or not they literally understand the words. Resonance is the amount of sound you can produce with your vocal folds and diaphragm. When you sing high, you tend to thin out. Add in space by opening your mouth a bit more and pretend that there is a grapefruit in the back of your throat- you'll notice how much fuller you'll be. Resonance also follows with vowels. If you have a high note that is on the "oo" vowel, then drop your jaw and pucker your lips for an "oo". You'll realize that you'll not only have a large sound, but you will also have enough support and stray away from thinning, breathy attacks, and you'll stay in pitch a lot more.

From the sound of your voice, I know that you can all of this with practice. You are categorized as a soprano. You should be able to have a large resonance on your higher register.

If you have any questions on anything I've given you, let me know. (: I'm more than happy to explain. Good luck and keep on practicing! (:

Golden Bunny

Bloomsie

Thank you so much for all your advice! It's quite helpful!
I was actually standing while singing. I find its easier to breath when i stand. c: Also, when i was recording It Hurts, i was pretty exhausted because it was my 5th take. My voice tends to get tired really easily.
Im having a hard time with my voice lately. It's been cracky and pitchy, but i'll take your advice with resonance and hopefully that'll help. I remember a few years back, i was considered an alto/tenor in my choir. Now, i can sing quite higher than i used to, and i'm glad to hear i'm a soprano! : D This isn't really a question on anything you said but, like i said earlier, my voice gets tired super fast and i was wondering if you know of anything that might help with that? I sing fairly loud and i strain my voice sometimes. Maybe i should sing more softer? What should i do?
iyoshu

If you were standing, then make sure that you're singing with the correct posture. It will most definitely change your sound.

As you grow, your vocal folds (voice box) develops. The more you sing a lot of higher notes that's not straining your folds, the better. When you sing higher, your vocal folds stretch. At first it would sound breathy because it isn't closing/fluttering correctly, but you'd gain the muscle needed as you practice. Do you mind me asking how old you are? (:

Tenor... No. Plus, most woman should not be categorized around that range. If anything, you'd be a mezzo soprano. But you have the timbre (sound) of a soprano.

There is a number of reasons why your voice is fatigue after singing.

1. Posture. If you don't carry your instrument correctly, you can break it. It's important that your flow of air is fluid and precise.

2. Working for your notes. There are some singers, like I, who work for their notes rather than let the notes come out. If you feel yourself using too many muscles around your larynx area (where the vocal folds are), then you must stop. The more you work for your notes, the more you're likely to gain disorders. I, myself, have a dysphonia voice disorder. I'm a dramatic (viking-sounding) soprano who worked for most notes and sound. Now, my voice is completely different. I can still have the same dramatic sound, however, I'm sometimes very thin. Almost like a coloratura (flutter-like soprano).

3. Speaking range. Sometimes people don't speak in the same range they sing. You may sound like you sing high, but you could be speaking low. If you do speak low, I would recommend shifting your speaking range higher. This will help you keep off your vocal folds and give them rest.

4. Warming up. If you just sing songs without warming up your vocal folds, this can cause a lot of damage. Your folds don't just naturally stretch or widen. You have to progress it little by little with vocal techniques. Usually going from 1-5-4-3-2-1 usually helps. So if in the key of C, you'd sing C-G-F-E-D-C with pitch using different vowels such as AY, EE, OH, OO, AH, etc... But always warm up no matter what. It will save you in the long run.

I would say no to singing softer. The softer you sing, the closer it is to a whisper, and whispers are terrible for your vocal folds. It's kind of like sandpaper rubbing against it. The best bet is to give your voice a rest at times and just not sing. So if it is raspier on a certain day, just lay off it.

I hope this helps!

Gracious Gaian

You have a nice voice, you should consider taking some singing classes! biggrin

Golden Bunny

Bloomsie

I'm 15. c:
Oh, how could i not remember?! In choir, we would always warm up before we sung and it was so much easier to sing. Now that im not in choir, well... its harder. Now i know. Thank you! I appreciate all your help! : D

Golden Bunny

r a p h a e l

Thank you! n u n
I thought that you'd be young. Not that it is a bad thing, but your voice is currently developing. So right now is most definitely the perfect time to train yourself.

Especially before you reach 21. 21 is the prime age for any one singer. It's when your vocal folds fully develop. However, it's not the end. Right now you're at a toddler stage. Once you're 21, it's like teenage hood and the older you get, the better your voice will become with practice. (: It's only until you reach the age of 60 that it will go downhill. D: But hey! 40+ years of singing sounds like a good job until it's time for retirement. xD

Anyways, if you can, I'd recommend being in choirs a little bit more to help you build yourself if you have a great passion for singing. If not, then just do as much of these techniques as you can. (:

Again, best of luck and I hope to hear more recordings of you in the near future!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff