Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dani Filthling's Husband

Shirtless Lunatic

29,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Contributor 150
holy god i didnt know this was here lol! i found a music forum! who plays guitar & how long you been playing? whats the easiest thing & the hardest thing so far playing one?
I've been playing around 2 years now. Not really seriously though so i still consider myself a beginner. Barre Chords still mess me up.

Genius

I've played guitar since I was a kid.
I've been playing guitar for two and 1/2 years now. Due to my tiny hands, I find it very hard to play bar chords. Tabs can also be difficult to read when you first learn how to read them.
Strumming patterns, non-bar chords, and hammer-ons are quite easy and can be very fun.

*If you haven't bought one yet, I'd recommend buying a capo. It's awesome if you want to change the pitch or transpose chords smile *

Dapper Zapper

19,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Waffles! 25
i play. been playing about a year

hardest thing to me is getting bar chords to be clear i can finger them fine, just cant get the string under my middle knuckle to make a solid noise it mostly buzzes

easiest thing for me is reading tabs. it tells you where to put your finger and you do it...quite simple.

one thing to work on if you plan on playing lead is picking. pick back and forth rather than just forward you can play much faster that way. and when learning a hard song listen to it alot so you KNOW what it sounds like and can get it right
I bought a guitar 4 years ago and decided to have a go at playing it, self taught.

Last May I decided to have a go at writing music...

This is my first song...

Tom smile

Newbie Member

I play for 7 years now. First i was a drummer for 7 years but then i changed to guitar, and i'd like it much.

This is my band where I wrote the songs.

https://www.facebook.com/SignsOfAlgorithm

Lonely Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
I play well enough for my own amusement and some others, it's been..8-9 months maybe. My first song was Wagon Wheel...it has four chords and does.not.change. I think 18 and Life, by Skid Row has been the hardest.

Dani Filthling's Husband

Shirtless Lunatic

29,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Contributor 150
Dionidas
I play for 7 years now. First i was a drummer for 7 years but then i changed to guitar, and i'd like it much.

whats it like to be a drummer? its the other thing i consider besides guitar. im really new to music stuff my first intrument is my guitar i have now. tabs are a pain to read i dunno what finger to place where it just says this string in this fret but that dont help me learn where to put my hand comfy easy like. so then i gotta figure that out so learning to memorize a song is really had cuz of that.

Newbie Member

Gogandantes_Onimusha2
Dionidas

whats it like to be a drummer? its the other thing i consider besides guitar. im really new to music stuff my first intrument is my guitar i have now. tabs are a pain to read i dunno what finger to place where it just says this string in this fret but that dont help me learn where to put my hand comfy easy like. so then i gotta figure that out so learning to memorize a song is really had cuz of that.

Try to use the program 'Guitar Pro'. It shows tabs of songs and shows the notes on a fretboard image. Its a good way to learn guitar. And i didn't liked drums much, Its good to get ritthm but i love guitar way more.

Dapper Citizen

7,900 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I've been playing for about 6 years. The easiest thing I guess is just messing around. My band and I get most of our ideas by just fiddling around with random things while we're playing, and after some work it becomes a song. When our singer/acoustic guitarist plays a guitar part, I just think about what would sound cool over it, and try to emulate what's going on in my head. It's also easier if he already has vocals to go with it.

The hardest thing, as cliche as it is, is putting the guitar down. I honestly haven't had many hardships while playing sweatdrop though I'd like to be a lot better at sweeping. That takes a bit of practice and work to master.
Gogandantes_Onimusha2
holy god i didnt know this was here lol! i found a music forum! who plays guitar & how long you been playing? whats the easiest thing & the hardest thing so far playing one?

Edit: I've been playin' fora' while now.
I know for sure I've gotten a hell ofa' lot better.
I'm self taught but of course like everyone else in this forum they mostly said barred chords, It wasn't that much ofa' problem for me but at first my fingers did NOT want to obey me.
That was the big struggle in guitar, getting your fingers kinda' outta' their "comfort zone."
Because honestly my fingers weren't used to bending in certain ways for different chords.
But after a while I found it quite easy to change chords and I got them all (most) memorized, and that became quite easy.
My barred chords don't sound all "noob" like they used to, and I'm pretty proud of how much i've matured with my guitar.
I don't find them a struggle, also another thing was the fact I was gifted my guitar by a young man and it was a bit old and he said to use it, so THAT was my first guitar.
Another music dude came over and had told me the strings were really far apart from the fret board and that he wished to fix it.
But I became accustomed to it/felt the guitar would loose it's "Sentimental" bs so I told'em to leave it, so that's also another cheat to being able to play barred chords.
When my last last birthday x2 years ago came I was gifted another guitar (An Acoustic Cordoba) the strings were closer and whatnot, but playing the other guitar ina' sense made it easier if you can catch that P;
I'll end up taking my old Ventura (My first guitar) to get repaired and what not, and I'll hand it down or something (After playing it a "bit" hahahaha ;DDD ).
I'm still a big a** ******** slut for piano though.
Piano and guitar are my babes.
Sorrry for giving a gay a** my life story if ya' didn't like it -too baaddddd. ;DD
I Play Guitar ^^
Time: 6 years
Easiest: Brown Eyed Girl
Hardest: Eruption (almost got it ^^)
What I can do after 6 years of owning a guitar.
Note: Owning does not mean playing.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1lO4IAqxMYh

And then some noodling down and up aeolian is what I usually do. Just sounds so nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff