Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've put some thought into it and looked at it on other websites and I have come to the conclusion. Marching band is a cult. There is no doubt in my mind.

Why else do we keep doing it after being yelled at, run over by equipment, drummed out of town, getting two collective hours of sleep in a week, and putting up with drama?

Answer: because we love it. We need it. I thought of what I would do if I didn't have music or band. I thought of nothing.

Brothers, sisters(getting creepy now), share your thoughts.
In a way, yes. Not a bad cult, but a good cult. It might be a cult to freshmen maybe.
Correction, band is not a cult... it's a dictatorship. Take for example my band director. His rules:

1. always do as the director says
2. when in doupt refer to rule one

He has also admitted that it is a dictatorship. This is the way they keep us quiet.

As for why we stay, it is one of two reasons depending on the person:

1. (like you said) we love it
2. our parents are forcing us

Now, sections on the other hand, may be cults. xd
saxygirl424
Correction, band is not a cult... it's a dictatorship. Take for example my band director. His rules:

2. when in doubt refer to rule one

He has also admitted that it is a dictatorship. This is the way they keep us quiet.

Nah sections aren't cults, they're just families... but section leaders might be cult leaders (if they're people you hate). xp
saxygirl424

2. when in doupt refer to rule one

Sections? Cults? Never! ...maybe.

I wouldn't know. My section has no love for me so I have to go hide out with the low brass and tenor saxes.

Dictatiorship, yes absolutely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces