Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

whats better site reading or knowing your music

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 4, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2

i like sight-reading... my teacher likes sight reading razz I dunno, for one it is a sign that you're a good player, and two, i dunno i just like the feeling of putting a piece of music in front of you and playing ^____^ Unfortunately, i'm not so hot at it sweatdrop
Knowing your music is more practical, but with sight reading, no one knows if you mess up. xd
Sight reading is a good skill to have as a musician, but it's much better to know your music. If you have the skill, than you can sight read a piece and play it pretty well, but once you are able to study it, practice it, and perfect it, there's no comparison between the quality of the two sounds you'll get. 3nodding
Knowing the music is much more easy, but I find it really fun to sight read new music and then learn it better.
mistressakene
Oh yeah... and I memorise all my music for concert season. I guess I miss marching season that much.
me too. i know how you feel. i'm working on being a better sightreader and it can be fun i'm just better at memorizing and i like knowing my music. our drum instructor gives us xylophone tests sometimes and i always get perfect because i'm the only one who bothers to memorise the song and practice it.
I love sight reading, because for our Music Performance Assessments...We get to SING the music first! It's sooooo friggin hilarious. We do it in class to! We love it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff