Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was looking at the courses at my local art school and I was wondering about their voice classes. I was just wondering what it's like doing voice classes at college level. Like what assignments you get and how you're graded. I assume they grade based on whether or not you're using proper technique and how your posture looks and such, but what I was mostly curious about were the assignments, like how tests, exams, and homework are done.
Umpenscrump
I was looking at the courses at my local art school and I was wondering about their voice classes. I was just wondering what it's like doing voice classes at college level. Like what assignments you get and how you're graded. I assume they grade based on whether or not you're using proper technique and how your posture looks and such, but what I was mostly curious about were the assignments, like how tests, exams, and homework are done.

ehhhh tbh take piano or guitar or instrument wise things lol. Its one thing to sing, but its another to know your key signatures and notes. But at the most they basically teach you just technique through out the first semester, unless your voice major then its different.
VSammie_PooV
ehhhh tbh take piano or guitar or instrument wise things lol. Its one thing to sing, but its another to know your key signatures and notes. But at the most they basically teach you just technique through out the first semester, unless your voice major then its different.

I see. Thank you. I wasn't planning on taking a voice class, I was just curious about it.
I'm taking it in college as my first voice lesson. My teacher said it's all based on participation. So far, I've progressed as much in 6 weeks as some people do in 6 years. biggrin
XxMurder in WonderlandxX
I'm taking it in college as my first voice lesson. My teacher said it's all based on participation. So far, I've progressed as much in 6 weeks as some people do in 6 years. biggrin

Ooo, cool. Sounds like you really put in a ton of effort. I wish I could progress quickly but I move at a snail's pace. Makes me worry about going to art school. emotion_sweatdrop
Umpenscrump
VSammie_PooV

I see. Thank you. I wasn't planning on taking a voice class, I was just curious about it.

Yeah, I did. It's something I love, so I don't mind spending time on it. If you want to take it, do it. It's so much fun! smile Plus it probably goes toward credits for an associate's degree.
XxMurder in WonderlandxX
Yeah, I did. It's something I love, so I don't mind spending time on it. If you want to take it, do it. It's so much fun! smile Plus it probably goes toward credits for an associate's degree.

Yeah, it looks like I could get 2 credits out of it if I took it. Maybe if I need an elective credit and nothing else sounds interesting then I'll go for a voice class.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff