Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I play the violin and bass guitar.
I have been in and out of orchestras for eight years, which is how I learned to play the violin. My violin is a cheapie Snow brand instrument, but my bow is lovely so the overall sound/timbre of the instrument is decent.
I have played bass for over a year. I taught myself with basic music theory and I play by ear a bit too, although I can read bass clef. I play an Ibanez AEB5E, which is a lovely acoustic/electric bass. My bass is my baby, I call him Marvin.

Weiss-san's Boyfriend

Ghostly Ghost

44,375 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Harvest Hazard 500
I play the greatest instrument of all, the b flat clarinet! I have an r13 buffet, with an m13 Vandoren lyre mouthpiece. The instrument is pretty reliable and I love it!

For marching band, I use a plastic Leblanc clarinet(Not a bliss!) and it is actually a pretty good clarinet, but has more of a piercing sound that's better for ensembles, rather then the dark, rich wood sound that's preferred in solo performance.

I also use 3 1/2 plus v12 Vandoren reeds.

I have been playing the clarinet for about 4 1/2 years, since 5th to freshman year, and band has pretty much been the greatest thing that has ever happened to me! I really was only good at drawing before band, but I finally found a talent that can actually get me places. I plan on making state at least one of my years in highschool, and this year, I was only able to make region... :/
Despite the fact I was finally able to get lessons this year.....

My nerves got the best of me, and in my second etude( a technical piece that was pretty much just scale patterns) I completely fumbled and died during my performance, causing me to only place
9th chair concert band, and in turn completely disappointed my lesson teacher, who was one of the judges. sad
Piano, violin, ukulele, guitar, viola, recorder, tinwhistle/pennywhistle, harmonica, ocarina.

Piano and violin are the only ones I've played for more than 5 years, consistently. :3
Flute, trumpet, guitar.
Flute is my primary and I'm currently losing my mind as a music major ahahaha :'D
I picked up trumpet for a small drum corps and learned guitar for shits and giggles my senior year of high school.
Alto Saxophone and Voice are my main.

I started piano last semester as a degree requirement.

Assimilated Cub

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Hey-lo everyone!

Name's Terry.
I play clarinet (about 8 years), piano (about 4 years) and cello (about 2 years).

No Character

30,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
I've started with private piano lessons in kindergarten. Through elementary and middle school I picked up violin and flute for a little bit, but never practiced. Junior year of high school a friend showed me how to play a song on guitar and I've been playing guitar since. I also tried learning bass on my own but I only know how to play "Daddy Ate My Fries" from Adventure Time and then "Oh, Darling" from the Beatles.

freakZoidLove's Husband

In high school, I played Tuba in concert band, in marching band I was center snare. In jazz band I started at tenor sax for 2 years, then played bass trombone and I was a god. Now, in my college life, I would go to the local music store and rock out on the drum set, I got my first drum set at 11 , I have also been playing bass guitar as well when I was 12.

Fluffy Pup

I've been playing the oboe for nearly my whole life now... but recently I've dedicated myself to piano!
I was learning Piano in 2nd? grade but never actually got into it. When i was in fifth grade i learned to play violin for a concert and loved it ^.^ not long after that i got my first guitar at a pawn shop with my dad i learned that but stopped playing after awhile and then in 6th grade i started to learn to play the clarinet but i didnt really like it :/ im now re-learning to play the guitar ^.^ after i buy some new strings ill be able to continue smile
I took piano lessons in the 4th grade and stopped and then again in 9th grade. I'm just now getting back into piano though because I love classical music and I really want to play well.

Pinkblur's Princess

Wicked Wife

6,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
Hello! I've played the bass guitar for about 5 years now and I played tuba for about 6 year and about to try learning the cello!
i play french horn, trumpet, and i can play piano but i don't really practice regularly. i've played piano for about ten years but since i don't really practice often i haven't gotten very advanced. i've played trumpet for six years now and horn for 2 years.

Cat

12,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
I play the harp, and I own an Ogden lever harp (Leon and Healy). Saving up for a pedal harp though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff