Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I am trying to form a band with those 2 genres. The punk can be considered alternative if you want. Anyways. I want to know by other musicians what they think. I ain't gonna change my mind. I've loved music ever since it came to me. First music I heard was KISS. Then they were my first concert. The fact that these other bands performed and played such cool sounds was awesome. I wanted to do that too. But my voice sucks when it comes to singing. But I got stage potential that shows I don't have stage freight and I always talk to the audience with action. So I'm like Rage Against The Machine, Stuck Mojo, Sum 41, and Hollywood Undead inspired. But KISS is my biggest inspiration to music yet. I write songs about having fun without drinking or doing drugs and how kids shouldn't do so as well. But I also wrote a song about my step mother who is a freaking saint sent from heaven that saved me from a hard time and I wrote a song about a tragic chain of suicides in my town. I write whatever I feel and I am not afraid to be who I am. So if anybody likes my band idea and my goals as a musician, don't be afraid to ask. What you guys think? Rap cool with rock?
Mixing rap and rock is not a new concept by any means:

Hell that clip is from 1985.

I'm really not sure what you're asking though. Are you trying to guage the reaction of other people to this potential mix you propose? What does it matter what other people think? If you find the music you create to be an artistically satisfying endeavour then what else do you want? Nothing else should matter.

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
antaine

I'm really not sure what you're asking though. Are you trying to guage the reaction of other people to this potential mix you propose? What does it matter what other people think? If you find the music you create to be an artistically satisfying endeavour then what else do you want? Nothing else should matter.

It's not really about a new sound. I'm just saying that's my style. But what bothers me is if anybody is gonna like the message of me not advocating drugs but more like I'm against the fact that highschoolers drink, do drugs, and have premarital sex among other issues. I show that ya can have fun while being clean. And when I showed this one musician, he was like, "Dude nobody is gonna wanna hear these lyrics because they are snoozevile. It's sex drugs and rock n roll. Maybe if you'd lost your virginity, you wouldn't be a party pooper." So yea that's my big concern.
Alashuko The Fighter
It's not really about a new sound. I'm just saying that's my style. But what bothers me is if anybody is gonna like the message of me not advocating drugs but more like I'm against the fact that highschoolers drink, do drugs, and have premarital sex among other issues. I show that ya can have fun while being clean. And when I showed this one musician, he was like, "Dude nobody is gonna wanna hear these lyrics because they are snoozevile. It's sex drugs and rock n roll. Maybe if you'd lost your virginity, you wouldn't be a party pooper." So yea that's my big concern.

Many casual listeners arn't going to be frightfully concerned about the lyrics in your material provided they enjoy the melody and beat. You're worrying too much about things that don't matter in the long run. Relax.

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
antaine
Alashuko The Fighter

Many casual listeners arn't going to be frightfully concerned about the lyrics in your material provided they enjoy the melody and beat. You're worrying too much about things that don't matter in the long run. Relax.

Personally, what do you think of my lyrics idea?
Alashuko The Fighter
antaine
Alashuko The Fighter

Personally, what do you think of my lyrics idea?

I think the lyrics are mostly irrellevant and I'm far more interested in the musical ideas that a work brings to light.

If you want feedback on any lyrics you've written you'd be better off posting in the Original Poetry/Lyrics forum as poetry/lyrics are somewhat out of this forum's remit.
Don't.

My answer to all of it is don't.

I'm not trying to be a d**k, but seriously, don't.

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Neige ist Krieg
Don't.

My answer to all of it is don't.

I'm not trying to be a d**k, but seriously, don't.

Why not.

Dapper Explorer

I personally enjoy the rap/rock mix, but with a heavier emphasis on the rock sections (musical backings, rhythm, etc.). Lyrics can pretty much be anything, same with the rapping, however make sure the texture of your vocals mixes well with the instruments.

The only band I can think of at the moment is Linkin Park. Mostly looking at their first two albums as an example, a good mix of musical rapping with a strong vocalist.

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Leein
I personally enjoy the rap/rock mix, but with a heavier emphasis on the rock sections (musical backings, rhythm, etc.). Lyrics can pretty much be anything, same with the rapping, however make sure the texture of your vocals mixes well with the instruments.

The only band I can think of at the moment is Linkin Park. Mostly looking at their first two albums as an example, a good mix of musical rapping with a strong vocalist.

They were actually the first rap rock band I heard. I heard Somewhere I Belong on the radio and I thought that it was possible and that this sound is great.

Thirteenth Smoker

4,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Dude..i read some of this I was to lazy to read the rest cus I dont need to.

The thing is most punks now even from the 80s like drinking,having sex, doing drugs it dosent really ******** matter but hey thats your opinion there are some straight edge kids out there that like punk rock local bands but most of them are hated by the punk sceane by pyrate punx and hardcore punks a,k, Chaos Punks Gutter Punks yeah dude..most people will hate your lyrics if you do start a band but youll have "hipster" like falling crowd I guess its better then nothing but check it out 7 Seconds made a song that is simular to what your talking about, but yeah they do drugs and drink to hah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziSW7ahVpzE

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Americommies
Dude..i read some of this I was to lazy to read the rest cus I dont need to.

The thing is most punks now even from the 80s like drinking,having sex, doing drugs it dosent really ******** matter but hey thats your opinion there are some straight edge kids out there that like punk rock local bands but most of them are hated by the punk sceane by pyrate punx and hardcore punks a,k, Chaos Punks Gutter Punks yeah dude..most people will hate your lyrics if you do start a band but youll have "hipster" like falling crowd I guess its better then nothing but check it out 7 Seconds made a song that is simular to what your talking about, but yeah they do drugs and drink to hah.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziSW7ahVpzE

Reason I don't Is like what Heroin Bob from SLC Punk said. It is the governments way of destroying our bodies. And I sing it because I don't care what they say, I wanna do it and if they have a problem, lets fight to the death.

P_Justine_R's Compadre

Familiar Friend

Cool. I've wanted to do this but before but nobody I know wants to form a nu-metal/rap metal band. I'm not good at creating original music but I know for a fact that rhythm is an important factor in this genre as with regular hip hop/rap.

Well that's my 2 cents.

Hilarious Noob

Alashuko The Fighter
antaine

.. That's the least rock n roll thing I have ever heard. My music is all about blow jobs, sex, vomiting from the night before, and money. Here's a suggestion, don't do rock music.

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Queesh
Alashuko The Fighter
antaine

.. That's the least rock n roll thing I have ever heard. My music is all about blow jobs, sex, vomiting from the night before, and money. Here's a suggestion, don't do rock music.

What about P.O.D?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces