Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Its a work in progress.

Its a lullaby...so what do y'all think? Questions, comments, flames, anything.
id really like to hear it sung .. i like it smile

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Well thank you
i think it would sound great if it was sang by someone, i dont really like it just the piano, i think it needs to be slurred.. maybe change the intrument to clarinet or something as well.. or add it.. but i think it would be wonderfull with the actual voice

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Normally, I'm all for breaking all of the music theory 'no-no's, but you have so much parallel motion, especially parallel fifths, that it hits the ear kind of jarringly. I suspect that's partially why it would sound better sung - dissonances (which parallel fifths are considered!) are much more harsh on a piano than in the voice.

Also, if this is supposed to be a lullaby, I heavily suggest you knock that down a few keys (possibly down a fourth.) Human voices on high G#'s just don't sound nice when they're trying to be quiet (as you would have to be when singing a lullaby.) On violins, those notes are heavenly - on voices.... it's really hard to make them pretty

You also wrote this in a mode - for the life of me, I can't figure out which one, so from a theoretical standpoint - good job. From a 'what the ear wants to hear' standpoint, it's also kind of confusing.

Also, vexatious voice-leading, batman! Let me guess: You're an alto in choir and you hate that the sopranos get all the melodies while you get stuck with the harmonies - so you put the melody in the alto whenever possible, right? I used to do that too. Trust me - it doesn't work well in a practical setting. The sopranos get confused and the altos get lost because more often than not, they won't realize they have the melody.

Also - you spelled that last note in the soprano part wrong - that should be a C#, not a Db. (yes, they sound the same - but so do 'here' and 'hear' - harmonic spelling still counts in music.)

All that aside - this is pretty neat sounding. Nice job.
personally i like it... very nice. heart
Not bad. Should end on a major chord. Feels like it needs an ending. It sounds like you just kind of stopped without an ending
notice how i didn't end the sentence with a period.

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Hey guys, I updated it, its still the same link, but I changes a few things with the help from my choir teacher. We are going to be singing this for our final concert.

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out