Welcome to Gaia! ::

One of my keyboard keys is clicking whenever I push it down...any ideas why? I made a quick YouTube video to show you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCVApuTAA1Y&sns=em

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It just started doing this and NEVER did it before? You're certain?

I just assumed that was part of weighted keyboards. Every one I've played has also clicked - the ones I've played are also old and have likely been abused by stupid people. Is it possible you just overused the keys?
AkaTsuki-chan
It just started doing this and NEVER did it before? You're certain?

I just assumed that was part of weighted keyboards. Every one I've played has also clicked - the ones I've played are also old and have likely been abused by stupid people. Is it possible you just overused the keys?

Yeah it's just that key that does it. :/ and I bought this summer and hardly got the chance to use it...I just don't want to mess it up any more if it's broken. If it just makes that noise, then whatever I'll live with it but if it's broken I want to fix it.

Elder

I have 2 weighted keyboards and they don't do that. They just make a slight thud from the weight pushing down. Even the ones they had at the school I used to go to didn't click. I don't know why they would do that. Just possible negligence me thinks. I would not be able to stand that click sound if I had it. As far as I know, keyboards are not suppose to do that. They should be smooth with the presses. I don't know how these types of keyboards are made but it seems that the weight spring in that key is becoming dislodged or something. I wouldn't know. Just a guess. Each company is so different. I'd probably call and ask.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff