Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like to name my bands random things that dont make sense, such as, Cyks, devil tremer, where-gerbil. twisted
antaine
Welcome one and all to the OFFICIAL "What Should I Name My Band?" thread!

Is your path to success currently stifled by the lack of a catchy and memorable name for your band? Are you caught in the intolerable grip of indesicion as you wrestle between two or more to find the perfect name? Well we are here to help!

So, in what new and exciting ways will this thread affect your life? Read below.

1. This is the OFFICIAL band naming thread, all others will be recycled.

2. You should post all questions about what your band should be called here. This includes asking for a name, asking for help deciding between two and asking for feedback on your current bandname.

3. Remember that it is infinitely easier for other users to give you advice on a name if you describe what kind of music you play. Try to be as detailed as possible in this regard, or even better, provide recordings!

4. Flaming peoples suggestions or otherwise being overly abusive in this thread will not be tolerated, keep your comments constructive!

5,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Im not looking to change my band name, but I would like to know what you all think of it. We are called "FLUFFY ATTACKS!" and we play a huge range. Our covers range every where from Joan Jett's "Hate myself for Loving you" to "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria, to the infamous "Holiday" by Green Day. Our originals range from the mysterious rock love story "Conspiracy" to a mournful dirge in 6/8 known by the working title "Lost in this World." We do not have a set style, and you cannot really classify the members under a unified subculture. Our drummer grew up in West Hollywood and drives the rest of us crazy by suggesting rap, but also suggests to Dropkick Murphy's and Flogging Molly as covers. He aspires to play Slipknot songs on the drums (although that hasn't happened). Our lead guitarist is a music nerd. He is an epic guitarist who can play every thing from the above listed covers to "Party in the USA" to "I wish I had a brain" From the Wizard of OZ on the guitar. He loves classic rock, and is wonderful at writing songs. Then there is our bassist, who has taught her self panio, violin, vocals, and now bass. She is in to music theory and horses. Im not really sure what subculture she fits in to, but looks like a classic punk when she goes on stage. Then there is me, the lead vocalist. I am a self proclaimed NeoVictorian Steamy Cyberish Baby Bat. I have a lower range, hence our song choices. Any way, just wondering what you think of the band name, and how you think it fits with the people and music! Thanks
LoperDoper
You_Cant_Kill_The_Records
SWAMPASS

Now is that Swam Pass or Swamp a**?

Now, thinking about it, it's probably the latter

Could be both. Do it all PetsMart style. xD

Tipsy Friend

4,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
ClouNi
LoperDoper
You_Cant_Kill_The_Records
SWAMPASS

Now is that Swam Pass or Swamp a**?

Now, thinking about it, it's probably the latter

Could be both. Do it all PetsMart style. xD

epic!
I have a dream of starting a band/ being in a band, and i know i would want to name it. Boston Ave. I just thought of it one day, but now it has a ring in my head xd

3,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Saw Pinguins On Antartica

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Marcell The Loser
Captain Booty V
Put non-letter character in your band name, it's all the rage now. "!", "$", "?", and " ) " are all quite popular.

So yoursaying if i named my band *%#(#$@!!! I'd be bigger than the jonas brothers? :O

You have a point. I just never understood why bands would use non-letter characters. At least first try the first or last letter of your names. Or something significant before you go to #&!@ .

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
AirFairy13
Im not looking to change my band name, but I would like to know what you all think of it. We are called "FLUFFY ATTACKS!" and we play a huge range. Our covers range every where from Joan Jett's "Hate myself for Loving you" to "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria, to the infamous "Holiday" by Green Day. Our originals range from the mysterious rock love story "Conspiracy" to a mournful dirge in 6/8 known by the working title "Lost in this World." We do not have a set style, and you cannot really classify the members under a unified subculture. Our drummer grew up in West Hollywood and drives the rest of us crazy by suggesting rap, but also suggests to Dropkick Murphy's and Flogging Molly as covers. He aspires to play Slipknot songs on the drums (although that hasn't happened). Our lead guitarist is a music nerd. He is an epic guitarist who can play every thing from the above listed covers to "Party in the USA" to "I wish I had a brain" From the Wizard of OZ on the guitar. He loves classic rock, and is wonderful at writing songs. Then there is our bassist, who has taught her self panio, violin, vocals, and now bass. She is in to music theory and horses. Im not really sure what subculture she fits in to, but looks like a classic punk when she goes on stage. Then there is me, the lead vocalist. I am a self proclaimed NeoVictorian Steamy Cyberish Baby Bat. I have a lower range, hence our song choices. Any way, just wondering what you think of the band name, and how you think it fits with the people and music! Thanks

I love the band name and you sound like a great bunch. Would love to hear you play. Fluffy Attacks does have a huge range and covers you well. Allows you to be soft but raw. Great name.

Tipsy Friend

4,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
AirFairy13

I like it. Kinda like our situation but you got it going good. I think it would be easier to say Fluff Attack! or the same thing just without the '!' point. Just wanted to add that because it shows how loud I yelled it. Yup I'm strange.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff