Do you compose?

Yes! Yes! Yesyesyes! 0.33658536585366 33.7% [ 69 ]
A little 0.29268292682927 29.3% [ 60 ]
I wish I could... 0.22439024390244 22.4% [ 46 ]
Why would anyone do that? 0.034146341463415 3.4% [ 7 ]
Don't click me! (heh) 0.11219512195122 11.2% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 205 ]
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

I'm just wondering why no one has made a topic for all of the cool composers on Gaia.
Anyway, I made this one.

(abstract music talk is fun too)
I'm bumping until someone gets here.
Define compose O.o
The Equinox
Define compose O.o

compose=write music
that's the definition I'm using here.
Elanchana
The Equinox
Define compose O.o

compose=write music
that's the definition I'm using here.
Yes, that'd be me. ^.^
Ok, then you're cool. (hehe)
lol Thanks, I'm guessing you write too?
Of course! Why would I have made this if I didn't?

Oh and if you have nothing better to do, here's a site with some of my music on it. (And more coming.)
http://www.geocities.com/elanchana/music.html
You composed that? That's good. ^.^ I like it. Do you actually play any instruments? ^^; I went straight to the file without reading anything heh...
sweatdrop
I play violin, piano, and flute. I sing too.

The file is actually my second draft of the song and I have already done my third draft. I just couldn't get the file uploaded.
Oh, neat. I'm hoping to get a few of my songs professionally recorded so I can put them up. It's gonna cost so much money crying
Elanchana
Of course! Why would I have made this if I didn't?

Oh and if you have nothing better to do, here's a site with some of my music on it. (And more coming.)
http://www.geocities.com/elanchana/music.html

so you make midi music?

its good, but were in the 21st century sweatdrop

as for me, im using FLStudio6 for my music. Im good, but not great, i make weird ambient music, some techno, and other stuff. I composed a few pieces music for a film, Saga Tier.

*COUGH*MY SITE*COUGH* stare
just recently I bought a book on composing, and I'm also using my cousin's college music theory book (I'm in middle school btw... sweatdrop ) I haven't started writing anything yet, I've been too busy with concert band gonk I'm hoping to start something...maybe when i go to new york with the wind ens during spring break i'll have some time to learn more... I play clarinet and piano, I'm trying to learn flute...o_o; its hard for moi sweatdrop

I'm thinking about going to classes for music composition and music history...:Sweat:
-miyoko

Eloquent Friend

huzzah for composing! If all goes well I want to become a Film and Video Game composer, along with performance as well. I'm in college for music composition right now (freshman)

Nothing wrong with midi, but whenever you have the means, get better stuff.
Software I use: Noteworty Composer (good for exploring midi effects and balance), Finale (for proper sheet music purposes), Logic (Electronics, effects, you name it, does a lot), Acid Pro (good for more electronics, effects, but less than Logic), Nero (more stuff for effects), Garritan Personal Orchestra (AWSOME sampler program for real instrument sounds instead of midi)

I'm trying to set up a website. I've got a few performances recorded that I'm gonna put up online soon. I posted my list of compositions in my gaia journal: http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/index.php?mode=view&p=3222135
I wouldn't say that I compose music so much as put it together.

If you really want to listen you can do so here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff