Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi there.

Who here likes songwriting? I love writing songs. It's so cool. Most of them are pretty cruddy but a few are alright.

Evilmoo ~xXx~
I like to TRY and write songs, because I only have one song that is mostly done and good. The rest are just a bunch of chords and crappy lyrics on notebook paper scattered across my room.
I write songs a lot. But more instrumentals than vocal. I write for piano, harp, penny whistle, and bagpipes. smile But I'm only in my second year of AP music theory, so I may not always follow all th rules ^^;
I use fanalie (sp? aie I sux at spelling!) so my computer at home has like tons of files of songs I started to write and didn't finish... but that's just the music, I normally don't write lyrics for the songs I do music for, but I do write lyrics but don't put them to music... lol... I'm strange.

Eloquent Prophet

8,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Survivor 150
SquireBob
I write songs a lot. But more instrumentals than vocal. I write for piano, harp, penny whistle, and bagpipes. smile But I'm only in my second year of AP music theory, so I may not always follow all th rules ^^;

You'll learn the rules soon enough, just keep writing and don't worry about them for now. smile I keep going to my past works and correcting parallel fifths and double leading tones sweatdrop Just keep writing!
Nuraeariel
SquireBob

You'll learn the rules soon enough, just keep writing and don't worry about them for now. smile I keep going to my past works and correcting parallel fifths and double leading tones sweatdrop Just keep writing!

Heh. well, those rules I know. But I'm sure that some of the wierd chord progressions I use would not be generally accepted in the classical world of music. X-D
i like writing lyric but some of my lyrics are crappy but lately i haven't had any inspiration lately untill a few days ago but i still haven't written the lyrics and stuff
What you need is to have some kind of inspiration behind it or else there is nothing there. Without inspiration there is no reason for writing. Prime example you get dumped you take everything you feel and put it into the words that you find express your pain and anguish. Its like an outlet that most of us use. I however write the lyrics and sing them in my band. Writing songs isn't easy and it all depends on your outlook on life to. If you are a genuinly happy person you write happy lyrics but if you are like me you take all you pain and put it into a song.

I cut myself open to watch me bleed is your blood the same color as mine,
And I hate the way I've been tormented has it been a waste of time.

Its all about the person in a way.
I love to write songs but it's hard to get inspiration to write. I have writen many songs but I only think two of them are good and they are both ballads.
i haven't tried writing songs yet .. sounds like something fun though ..

if I had a band that can play stressed
i love writing songs! one of them got third place in a contest. but we wrote this really dumb one in the school library. it goes like this:

child labor!
it's dirty where the children work!
it's nasty where the children work!
and sometimes, they lose some fingers!!!!
child labor
child labor
child labor
in epaniol!!!!

yeah....it's fun to yell! hard rock is good for venting the anger
I loooooooooove to write songs! I generally just write songs when I'm depressed and more recently I just got out of a big depression period.. so now I'm happy all the time... and now most of my songs sound like crap, lol. So yeah, I tend to think of sad things when I write my songs:

The day I was taken from me, the day I’ll never forget,
The day that caused my mind to be full of regret.
I’ll never forget how it started, that horrible event,
The beginning of my misery: my eternal torment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff