Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
The subject pretty much says it all: Songwriting Ideas. I need 'em. Any ideas? It can be whatever. Thanks!
You should write something about a dream, or maybe a nightmare. smile
I just wrote a song about a man who was dancing with the corpse of his dead wife... Maybe you like that idea.
Revenge. Love. War. Zombies. There are several topics to choose from.
Hello fellow frustrated songwriter c: ive been songwriting for taking out my frustration out. Most peoples favorite songs are about the life of the same artist they wrote. When im listening to a song i always like to feel,this person went trough the same thing i did. Or,this song totally describes me.
Write a song about describing someone you hate. Love songs can only take you so far. If you really want to know how deep an artist is listen to his most softest/saddest music. Always take a pen and a notepad everywhere. It always helps to write not type in lyrics. Inspiration can hit you anywhere. Saying this i wish you good luck to you c: who knows,pm me them to see how you did. I might even make it into a Piano song,im practicing composing. Good luck!
seena10
The subject pretty much says it all: Songwriting Ideas. I need 'em. Any ideas? It can be whatever. Thanks!

You could always do like a story -

Like kelly rowland with stole.

Singing about a boy or a girl.
Depression. Suicide. Friendship. Girlfriends. Cheating. Alcoholism. Parents. Anorexia. Regret. that kiknda thing

:It's been way tpp long
6 months down the track
Mom's doin him wrong
Dad aint comin back

School's a chore
Fighting the pain
Protecting himself
From outsiders again
To penetrate the outer shell
To put him through hell
With their swords for words
Even when he's never heard

He just wants to drive away
Run away
Instead of home
Back to tragedy that awaits
Of a mother who can't keep herself
Keys in the garage
Cars open.
Write a song about having the courage to find yourself, to pick yourself back up and keep going even though every step you take hurts.
I write songs about... Oh my God I don't even know what I write my lyrics about.
Kind of about lies, betrayal, lost love? Wow, depressing. But that stuff makes a good song I guess. It kind of helps to base it on a real life situation. Like when me and my best friends had this massive argument, I wrote a song based on that, but loosely enough that no-one apart from me and my best friends could really tell it was about that. Personal, but not too personal. Also, I like writing songs about believing in yourself, picking myself up when I fall, etc?
Hope I helped, happy songwriting x
Don't get ideas from other people, that cheapens the meaning of the song you write.
Just draw from yourself and your experiences.
Write your most touchy and intimate thoughts on paper first, and then incorperate it with rhymes, rrhythms, and etc.
The best songs come from the heart, so writing during your most emotional times (whether happy/ incredibly angry, or sad or whatever mood) is essential, because at that point, you'll get some really passionate verses.
Hope this helped.

Magnetic Gawker

5,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
What's the first thing that comes to mind? Whatever it is, base your song off that. It's the easiest thing to do.
Or if you feel really strongly about something, and you have an awesome opinion on it, write about that. You can sing about anything. 3nodding

Hilarious Genius

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
There is a cool series of video's on youtube of Paul Gilberts Guitar Center session and he gives some really creative tips, like writing to a rhythm or changing the chords of a current song to others, just to help break through writers block.

Friendly Lunatic

Axxell101
There is a cool series of video's on youtube of Paul Gilberts Guitar Center session and he gives some really creative tips, like writing to a rhythm or changing the chords of a current song to others, just to help break through writers block.

Paul Gilbert is the friggin' man.
i would want to be a songwriter too! but i'm not qualified.
some ideas, you can say how someone is missing each other and the pain... (my ideas suck, doesn't it?)
also when songwriting, use techniques and try to portray the meaning of the song. or you can even make a hidden message.
but before that, you have to pick a theme and a type of melody or beat you want the song to have. so yeah...

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
[---------------------------------------------]

Write a song about you being unable to write a song.

[---------------------------------------------]

High-functioning Lunatic

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Wall Street 200
It's never a bad idea to write a song about the Salem Witch Trials if you ask me. *Nod.*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff