Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Gekko

So guys in a couple of days I'm gonna be giving a singing lesson to a family friend. She wanted to take lessons but didn't really wanna commit the time or money to weekly lessons like a singing studio might offer so my mum offered up my services haha.
She is a singer/songwriter and performs in the local area she just has a little trouble with breath control and whatnot.
I have been in organised singing since I was little and taking private voice lessons for the last four years so I do know some stuff but I'm just really nervous and unsure about how to structure it?

So, if any of you guys take/would like to take lessons, what is some stuff you would like to get out of a first lesson?

Friendly Gekko

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I usually warm my students up a bit, do some work with vowels, get the resonance working, some range extending/arpeggios.... then move on to repertoire and reinforce what was covered in the warmup. If she's looking for breathwork, then..... work on breathing exercises, and making sure she's breathing properly for singing, breathing deeply, exhaling in a measured manner... etc etc etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff