Welcome to Gaia! ::

first, im talking about real singers, like musicals, chior, opra etc.

ok so i need some help using my diaphram while singing. my instructor always tells us to be louder and use our diaphram but she never bothered to teach us how to use it in the first place, so im kinda lost. i've learned a little over time but i need help on using the diaphram to make a cord grow.
please help heart
Hi. smile Im an operatic tenor. Just some pointers.

Your diaphragm is above your stomach. If you lay down and sing on your back, you can feel your diaphragm push, thats where you want to sing from when you are standing up. It takes a long time and a lot of practice to develop it. While you are standing you have to conciously try and sing from there while standing with a straight back. At first it hurts and is hard to isolate just the diaphragm but after about 2 30-minute sessions a day of singing from there in about 2 weeks you should see a noticable ease in using it. After you figure out how to use the diaphragm well you want to focus on raising your soft pallette (its like right by the tonsill in the back of your throat) .... if you like drop the back of your jaw and then kind of try to breathe through the back of your eyes (I know that sounds weird, but what im saying is lower the back of your jaw and when you have your soft pallet up your eyes will feel just a tiny bit colder because there is more air circulating). If you get your diaphragm and your soft pallette mastered, then its all about just doing vocal excercises to develop a large range. I currently have 4 octives I can sing in including a whistle registry. Also if you have everything lined up correctly, such as diaphragm, with chest expanded, soft pallet raised and an open throat, when you sing you will hear something such as a wavey sound to the voice, thats called vibrato, and it happens naturally when everything is lined up, you cannot create vibrato, but when you get used to it you can control it to an extent. .... I hope these comments were helpfull for you.
I don't know if this'll make it easier but my teacher always says to push like you need to go to the bathroom....it helped me... neutral
Do you know what projection is. Its the ability to make you voice go vast distances. You have to know the fine line between projecting and yelling. You have to make it so your voice is loud but you are not yelling. Just try projecting in you free time and you will get to a point in your singing where you add projection to your singing. Me I am very loud and i project very well. A little bit to well. Its a problem when everyone says your loud. SO remeber to project. What the other dude said was really important to and i don't feel like saying what he said in a different way so you know I just focused on projection so you know. There you go hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff