Welcome to Gaia! ::

could anyone recommend some good quality recording software for a PC?

the last time i recorded a serious project i used Logic, and that was perfect for me, but i no longer have access to a Mac.

easy to use would be sweet

price is not a concern because i will probably just use a 30 day trial
he he he

KTGomasaur's Wife

Lavish Fairy

9,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I use Sonar 6 LE but that's old. But even though its old I like it and I don't feel the need to upgrade. It's just super easy to use

Loving Elder

I would recommend Pro Tools but you need to buy an iLok even for the trial.. Try Sonar or Fruity Loops. I use Sonar for PC and Logic for my Mac.
No, don't use Sonar or Fruity Loops to record!! They are DAWs. You use them to create music through MIDI and samples. If you're recording MIDI you can use them, but if you're recording an actual instrument through a microphone you want to use an audio editing program like Audacity, which is free and does not require registration.

Demonic Lunatic

I also use Sonar (it came free with my audio interface), which works, but I'd like to switch to Cubase or Pro Tools. A couple of my friends swear by Reaper.
I use Studio One.

Ableton was cool too

Handsome Genius

i use audacity, cuz i suck with technology

Aged Noob

You could put out the money for Protools, but if that's not what you're looking for I would personally recommend Reaper, it's really user friendly and I like to use it for the majority of my projects (also it's free). I've been using it for years.
Death Metal Otaku Guy
You could put out the money for Protools, but if that's not what you're looking for I would personally recommend Reaper, it's really user friendly and I like to use it for the majority of my projects (also it's free). I've been using it for years.

how have i never heard of this?? it looks pretty tight man, downloading now ^-^

Aged Noob

ThreadHead
Death Metal Otaku Guy

It's really really solid and does just about everything you could want, if you ever need any help with anything in it feel free to ask, as I know the program like the back of my hand
Death Metal Otaku Guy
ThreadHead
Death Metal Otaku Guy

It's really really solid and does just about everything you could want, if you ever need any help with anything in it feel free to ask, as I know the program like the back of my hand

right on! thanks a lot! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces