Welcome to Gaia! ::

My friend is helping me out by allowing me to use his camera to record me playing a few different Songbird Ocarinas. We recorded two today but the audio quality of the videos is rather bad. Does anybody know of a program that I can use to change that without putting sound over the video making it look out of sync?
ArchAngelRena
My friend is helping me out by allowing me to use his camera to record me playing a few different Songbird Ocarinas. We recorded two today but the audio quality of the videos is rather bad. Does anybody know of a program that I can use to change that without putting sound over the video making it look out of sync?
What are you trying to change? The audio quality from the camera? I would just try out different positions. Or a different room.
H a w n t e dd
ArchAngelRena
What are you trying to change? The audio quality from the camera? I would just try out different positions. Or a different room.

I suppose the camera probably is the problem. The sound just seems distorted when played.

Genius

A program will not fix this. If it's distorting, the signal is coming into the camera too loudly. If your camera has an option for input volume, you need to bring the level down until it doesn't distort while recording.

Regardless, camera audio isn't going to sound wonderful. There's a reason why professional recording studios are like $100/hour. If you're trying to show the different sounds of the ocarinas, you should at least be miking it separately. You likely won't really be able to tell what they sound like accurately from your camera.

Lonely Seeker

I suggest you record all over again. try using a microphone while recording. record separately with you video but at the same time. am i making any sense? haha just use your PC or laptop for the microphone and the cam for the video. done simultaneously.

hard to improve a distorted audio. most of the time. trying to fix it ruins the beauty of the music.

Dapper Businessman

This is a harware issue, not a software issue. There is a reason proper recording mics are as expensive as they are. You get what you pay for, and a $12 webcam is never going to sound like a $100 mic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff