Welcome to Gaia! ::

i play about everything, i guess (classical, baroc, romantic, a little bit of modern) i really like romantic music heart i'm really good at expressing the feelings you're supposed to express in romantic music. i used to hate Bach, but now i'm starting to like him more and more 'cause of the piece i'm playing right now. heart biggrin
genidevil13
i play about everything, i guess (classical, baroc, romantic, a little bit of modern) i really like romantic music heart i'm really good at expressing the feelings you're supposed to express in romantic music. i used to hate Bach, but now i'm starting to like him more and more 'cause of the piece i'm playing right now. heart biggrin

You hated Bach? gonk
genidevil13

Wow, me too! I always thought of Bach as technical with no emotions, so it was hard for me to play. I also never looked too much into the structure cause I thought my brain would hurt. I played mostly by ear. But ever since my music history class, I appreciate Bach more than ever before. heart His music is actually easier to perform than some Romantic music. Although, I guess they're both demanding, but in different ways. 3nodding
I love bach music. I find that style of music much easier to play than most of the other pieces.
asuko_chan
BUT OH GOD I HATE PLAYING MODERN x___X;;;

I used to, until I started working on Lowell Liebermann's "Gargoyles." It's wildly exciting and frighteningly difficult. I wouldn't recommend it to a pianist of eight years, but I'd totally keep it in mind for later.
i took piano for 12 years and then stopped because out of all of those years had only learned one good song that i actually enjoyed playing i still that song and i've perfected it as much as i can without having a piano myself but sadly enough i gave it up xp
It's too bad that some people lose interest in piano. I had to play for five years before I actually started enjoying what I was doing. I was going to quit, but then I got sheet music for Billy Joel and Elton John and I've been playing happily for 4 years since then. I am starting to apreciate classical music now as well... xd

Aged Guildsman

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
only because pretty much everyone here has said it already...JAZZ ROCKS!!!
Yeah, same here. It took me 9 years before I actually started liking classical piano. It was all because of Debussey's Clair De Lune (sp). Loved it and couldnt give up till I knew how to play it. Loved romantic/impressionist music ever since ^^. I'm in my hs's jazz band too, so the jazz bug is startin to get to me too...

So what composers you guys like? mine are Debussey and Chopin (sooooo soothing and.....sooothing)

5,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
I've been playing piano snice i was in kindergarten(now 17) though it has been on and off. I've gone through a few teachers, one died, one went to college, and the other one well it really didn't like her. So in between times I've dropped it, sworn never to touch a piano again but still there something that calls to me when i see a piano. I may not be as good as i would like to, but i play and teach myself off of what i know already. Anywho, I LOVE classical music and that's basically what I play, guess you can say i was trained in that becasue that's what istarted off with. I enjoy modern music as well. As for favorite composers I have to say Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, and a few from other composers.
Chopin, Brahms, Mendelsson, Burgmueller and Kalinakoff. ((I have no idea if I spelled any of these right besides Chopin. Heh. Heh.))
I like playing Beethoven sonatas. I know some of the Pathetique sonata and the first movement of the Moonlight Sonata. At first, you'd think like, wow, I must be progressing so much since I'm learning these songs.

Half a year later...

I've only played these two songs....

My friend who always has crazy idea is thinking of forming a band with me as a synthy. I played synthesizer in drumline last year. It was fun, but now, i have the stupidest band teacher so no drumline crying

I was also gonna play piano in a jazz band, but unfortunately, I'm the only baritone sax player in the whole school so i was stuck with that...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff