Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello Gaia music forums, I decided I wanted to share what 8-bit songs I have created.

They can all be found here

freariose.bandcamp.com/

So what are your views on 8-bit, and how do my songs sound?
sounds way too midi. what program are you using?
I use a midi and convert that to 8-bit using GXSC or something like that.

The Committee Staff Member

GXSCC is a cool little converter, but that's about it. I kind of figured that's what you were using, too. I'd recommend getting a program that will actually allow you to mess around with 8-bit sounds. Other than that, the song kind of felt empty. Part of it probably had to do with that it was just MIDI that was converted. A B Up Start might actually be able to help you out here, because the last time I checked, he did Chiptune.
Thing is I'm not willing to spend loads of cash on those "professional" audio programs.
there are many legit 8-bit trackers out there for free. famitracker being the favorite in that field.

LSDJ is where its at though. the rom itself is a mere $2. if you're cheap run it on the computer via a gameboy emulator(also free). usb cartridges generally run $40. its not really spending "loads of cash". research this before making excuses.

pretty much ppl in the chip scene get flamed for making fake-bit such as yours.
A B Up Start
there are many legit 8-bit trackers out there for free. famitracker being the favorite in that field.

LSDJ is where its at though. the rom itself is a mere $2. if you're cheap run it on the computer via a gameboy emulator(also free). usb cartridges generally run $40. its not really spending "loads of cash". research this before making excuses.

pretty much ppl in the chip scene get flamed for making fake-bit such as yours.

Thank you for informing that there are cheaper alternatives than what I hear of most. I will try and see what I can do then!

Dedicated Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Friendly 100
Ahhhh 8-bit

Now thats my genre <3
so fun to make emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff