Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi there! I'm in love with 8/16-bit music. I suppose you could argue that music (for the more renowned games) was a little more cinematic back then. You'd see more melody-driven tunes than rhythm. But that's just my experiences, there's probably an even distribution. Either way, I love it's simplicity. It's a shame it doesn't get a second-glance and is seen more as a gimmick to some. Even the percussion would be really subtle, it was just very subtle. I liked that about it most. Music is a part of the expieriance and the experience of sitting there.. The glow of the TV/moniter.. And a few little bleeps.. Gosh. I'll admit I wasn't actually born at the time. My flourish into gaming was in the late 90's with the Gameboy colour. Though, I'm not sure about it's bit-rate. At the time I hadn't realised but now, if I were to go back and play Pokemon Gold or Red, I really feel an appreciation for their soundtrack. I'm sure at the time the music played a big role in being stimulating and driving, but listening.. It may be "Bleeps", or simple waves, but a melody is a melody! Tonality only changes it's.. Aesthetics. Lavender Town worked in 8-bit bleeps and sines. It's so eerie as it's so simplistic. And yet with any "DOOM METAL" or "REMIX" I've found of it.. It just, looses it's presence and subtlety. So that's an advantage to 8-bit, it can be cheerful if it intends to be, but it can definantely be eerie too. If you ask me the limitations and it's simplicity can actually make it a creepy experience. Even more so than any modern horror game drenched in ambient noise and reverb. But I digress.

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
We both agree and disagree smile
We love the 8-bit versions its the reason we do this. And we even remade some of the themes we liked in 8-bit as well as the remixes and remakes we post.
We have a couple of basic themes in our soundcloud as well
http://soundcloud.com/evilpickle-music-dept/violetcity8-bit
http://soundcloud.com/evilpickle-music-dept/lower-brinstar-kraid

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
A New Theme has been added! http://soundcloud.com/evilpickle-music-dept/megaman-dr-wily-i

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
http://soundcloud.com/evilpickle-music-dept/the-guardian-legend-remix-iii
A New Track For The Guardian Legend Remix Album has been made. Please click the link on this post or Click the Album Cover from the 1st post.

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Guardian Legend Remix IV- Naju Blue has been added to The Guardian Legend Remix Album. Click the link here or Listen to the whole album by clicking the Album picture on the 1st post.

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Dangerous Lunatic

Some of my faves from MM2:

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hmm, I might make something for ya sometime razz keep an eye out

Dangerous Lunatic

Omega Terra Sonata
Hmm, I might make something for ya sometime razz keep an eye out
Subscribed fro quicker access

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Loving Elder

I'm actually doing some FF7 arrangements but still keeping them to their originals and gonna send them to Square in hopes they will reconsider doing a ff7 remix. But work has really kept me back from doing much casual work for me. x.x

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I just listened to a few of the remixes and I'm REALLY loving theseā™„
Most of what I listen to is Chip-music [and chip-music-related] so I'm just so happy to be listeningā™„

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Dungeon Master- Hall of Champions Has been Added to the list.. Please take the time to enjoy it.

<.< I put a lot of work on that one.

7,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
A New Song has been uploaded to MCVGMR
Legendary Wings- Ovature

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash