Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Smoker

AkaTsuki-chan
Eponine I Thenardier
AkaTsuki-chan
Eponine I Thenardier
AkaTsuki-chan

I feel bad using this girl as an example, but this is part of the 'imitating things you can't do yet' things. She sounds nice enough, but that poor voice will be ruined if she doesn't get some real training in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnL4F_vJV2o&feature=related

I'm having trouble finding examples on youtube, but I've known several IRL, one girl I attended a workshop with - I just wanted to pick up by her head to keep it from moving.
LOL... I LITERALLY LAUGHED AT THE LAST cOMMENT, any ways. and about the girl, quite true I guess... I feel like she could use more of her speaking voice as her singing voice o_o

That's how you end up with these people.
eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVjhzlUJAlQ
eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek what happened?

That's..... a really good question........seriously... what happened O_O

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Eponine I Thenardier
AkaTsuki-chan
Eponine I Thenardier
AkaTsuki-chan
Eponine I Thenardier
AkaTsuki-chan

I feel bad using this girl as an example, but this is part of the 'imitating things you can't do yet' things. She sounds nice enough, but that poor voice will be ruined if she doesn't get some real training in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnL4F_vJV2o&feature=related

I'm having trouble finding examples on youtube, but I've known several IRL, one girl I attended a workshop with - I just wanted to pick up by her head to keep it from moving.
LOL... I LITERALLY LAUGHED AT THE LAST cOMMENT, any ways. and about the girl, quite true I guess... I feel like she could use more of her speaking voice as her singing voice o_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVjhzlUJAlQ

That's..... a really good question.....
...seriously... what happened O_O

I dunno, When I quote, the 'shocks' don't appear anywhere near my link, only next to what you say, and it looks like the quotes are off-set too. I guess Gaia is freaking out again.

Liberal Smoker

AkaTsuki-chan
Eponine I Thenardier
AkaTsuki-chan
Eponine I Thenardier
AkaTsuki-chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVjhzlUJAlQ

That's..... a really good question.....
...seriously... what happened O_O

I dunno, When I quote, the 'shocks' don't appear anywhere near my link, only next to what you say, and it looks like the quotes are off-set too. I guess Gaia is freaking out again.
that happens to me at times. but now idont think so.

Newbie Hunter

10,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
I used to do that every time I tried to use vibrato. It's just something that you have to work through. I'm sure that experienced singers will do that if they need to add alot of it.

Liberal Smoker

o_Nightshade_o
I used to do that every time I tried to use vibrato. It's just something that you have to work through. I'm sure that experienced singers will do that if they need to add alot of it.
O_O i dont think that jaw is anything related to vibrato

Newbie Hunter

10,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
Eponine I Thenardier
o_Nightshade_o
No but alot of physical movements just tend to help singers with some things, such as using your finger to motion what vowel your mouth is doing. Shaking their jaw can maybe just sort of.... inspire them to do more intense vibrato.

Liberal Smoker

o_Nightshade_o
Eponine I Thenardier
o_Nightshade_o
No but alot of physical movements just tend to help singers with some things, such as using your finger to motion what vowel your mouth is doing. Shaking their jaw can maybe just sort of.... inspire them to do more intense vibrato.
Like umm super heavy vibratos? and what about the finger?

Liberal Smoker

o_Nightshade_o
Eponine I Thenardier
o_Nightshade_o

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
o_Nightshade_o

If you're an experienced singer, you don't 'need to add a lot of it,' you either have it or you don't, adding what you don't have is how you damage your voice. That's why there's different voice classifications - a Dramatic Soprano should not sing the role of Pamina, a Lyric Soprano role - that would be stupid - the voice would be much too heavy and the vibrato would be too thick, and trying to restrain it would only hurt the singer, and the reverse is true as well. A little soubrette isn't going to be singing a Wagnerian role - unless the casting director is on drugs. Trying to 'add a lot of vibrato' to that would obliterate the voice.

If you don't know what you're doing, you don't know what you're doing, but experienced singers - one would hope - do.

Newbie Hunter

10,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
Eponine I Thenardier
o_Nightshade_o
Eponine I Thenardier
o_Nightshade_o

In choir, our teacher has us shape our mouth with our fingers depending on the vowel. For example, we'll make circles with our finger around our mouth for an "O" vowel and put two fingers on the sides of our mouth for an "E" vowel and so on.
And yes. Super heavy vibrato. One of my friends does that and he has INTENSE vibrato.

Liberal Smoker

o_Nightshade_o
Eponine I Thenardier
o_Nightshade_o
Eponine I Thenardier
o_Nightshade_o

In choir, our teacher has us shape our mouth with our fingers depending on the vowel. For example, we'll make circles with our finger around our mouth for an "O" vowel and put two fingers on the sides of our mouth for an "E" vowel and so on.
And yes. Super heavy vibrato. One of my friends does that and he has INTENSE vibrato.
i had intense vibrato before and I managed to tone it down cuz its deafening... but my jaw shakes

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
o_Nightshade_o
Eponine I Thenardier
o_Nightshade_o

It's bad technique. There's no two ways around it.

Newbie Hunter

10,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
AkaTsuki-chan
o_Nightshade_o
Eponine I Thenardier
o_Nightshade_o

It's bad technique. There's no two ways around it.

Okay.

Bashful Gaian

750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Well i think some people can't do vibrato naturally that's why they use their jaw for improvise biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff