Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Noob

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Any suggestions for a decent MIDI Piano Keyboard from $150 to about $200?
I want to start using a MIDI Piano for some music productions for FL Studio

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/m-audio-keystation-61es-usb-midi-controller

I have the 49 key rig, I bought it for around $100 I dunno if it's still on musicians friend but this one would be useful.
It works with any music software I believe. It works with garageband and logic pro 9 at least I know that. Just plug it into your USB and you're good to go, you don't even need a power supply cause it gets it from your computer.

Look at some other ones too though. If you're not a piano player, a huge keyboard probably won't do you very good. You could get some other ones with less keys and lots more effects controls for around the same price. M-audio makes some really good ones that are great for starters.

Original Noob

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ugly Words
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/m-audio-keystation-61es-usb-midi-controller

I have the 49 key rig, I bought it for around $100 I dunno if it's still on musicians friend but this one would be useful.
It works with any music software I believe. It works with garageband and logic pro 9 at least I know that. Just plug it into your USB and you're good to go, you don't even need a power supply cause it gets it from your computer.

Look at some other ones too though. If you're not a piano player, a huge keyboard probably won't do you very good. You could get some other ones with less keys and lots more effects controls for around the same price. M-audio makes some really good ones that are great for starters.

Perfect.
I do play some piano,
but i really need one especially for making songs over on FL Studio.
I could use my laptop keyboard, but its more complicated and a bit harder then using a standard MIDI piano keyboard. It'll make everything much easier for me. Thanks,

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
Sleeping Beauty Pills
Ugly Words

Perfect.
I do play some piano,
I could use my laptop keyboard, but its more complicated and a bit harder then using a standard MIDI piano keyboard. It'll make everything much easier for me. Thanks,

Yeah. I'm also a piano player which is why I got the 49 key rig, but I kinda wish I got something a little bit bigger. There's nothing that quite compares to 88 keys being available but those get really expensive.
I'm pretty sure it will work with FL Studio, cause you don't have to download any software or anything like that for it. Just plug it in, turn it on and it works. Very easy to use.
I know how hard it is to try to make music with a computer keyboard haha, it's really frustrating. A MIDI keyboard will help a lot.

Original Noob

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ugly Words
Sleeping Beauty Pills
Ugly Words

Perfect.
I do play some piano,

Yeah. I'm also a piano player which is why I got the 49 key rig, but I kinda wish I got something a little bit bigger. There's nothing that quite compares to 88 keys being available but those get really expensive.
I'm pretty sure it will work with FL Studio, cause you don't have to download any software or anything like that for it. Just plug it in, turn it on and it works. Very easy to use.
I know how hard it is to try to make music with a computer keyboard haha, it's really frustrating. A MIDI keyboard will help a lot.
It'll work with any DAW. Anything that is MIDI controller will work with DAWs. I own a Traktor S2 Kontrol used for DJing amd mixing and i can program it to work for FL Studio. Ive been trying my best to use my regular laptop keyboard, i raged and now im looking for a MIDI Controller

Loving Elder

There is this one from Maudio http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Oxygen49.html I have read some reviews on it but I never used it so I can't vouch on it.

I have to have an 88 weighted keyboard. I just can't get the grasp on playing keyboards that are not weighted. :<

Original Noob

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Nilla
There is this one from Maudio http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Oxygen49.html I have read some reviews on it but I never used it so I can't vouch on it.

I have to have an 88 weighted keyboard. I just can't get the grasp on playing keyboards that are not weighted. :<
I'll have to really look into it. I dont want to screw myself, really. but regaurdless. i do like it,the knobs and sliders can be programmed for FL Studio, alot that it'll automatically sync to it. Not bad, ill look into it a bit over over the youtubes.

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
Sleeping Beauty Pills
Nilla

I'll have to really look into it. I dont want to screw myself, really. but regaurdless. i do like it,the knobs and sliders can be programmed for FL Studio, alot that it'll automatically sync to it. Not bad, ill look into it a bit over over the youtubes.

Yesss, youtube reviews are always really helpful, then you get to see the product in action before buying it.
I got a torq xponent last month, watched lots of videos about it before getting it.

Original Noob

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ugly Words
Sleeping Beauty Pills
Nilla

Yesss, youtube reviews are always really helpful, then you get to see the product in action before buying it.
I got a torq xponent last month, watched lots of videos about it before getting it.
i always go with video reviews after i get some suggestions from people, helps alot.

Dapper Businessman

M-Audio makes some solid stuff, but dont even bother until you can get at LEAST an axiom.

ALSO: you should work on getting a better program than FL.

Original Noob

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
skumskull
M-Audio makes some solid stuff, but dont even bother until you can get at LEAST an axiom.

I do just fine with FL Studio,
http://snd.sc/JKKQZk

But if you think there is something better, feel free to drop it a reply.

Dapper Businessman

Sleeping Beauty Pills
skumskull

Yup, that sure does sound like FL.
Not even GOOD FL.
But shitty, "I-don't-really-get-music-theory-or-audio-production-but-I-really-wanna-make-music-and-so-I-pirated-FL" FL.

Get Logic, Ideally. Reason and Ableton are also pretty good. (hell, Garageband is better than FL)
Just about everything else I've found for EDM production has a "sound" to it, and you absolutely do not want that in a program.

Greedy Bloodsucker

skumskull
Sleeping Beauty Pills
skumskull

Not even GOOD FL.
But shitty, "I-don't-really-get-music-theory-or-audio-production-but-I-really-wanna-make-music-and-so-I-pirated-FL" FL.

Get Logic, Ideally. Reason and Ableton are also pretty good. (hell, Garageband is better than FL)
Just about everything else I've found for EDM production has a "sound" to it, and you absolutely do not want that in a program.
Not if you only use that DAW to host other VST's, and effects that don't come with the DAW you have.

Dapper Businessman

Digital Malevolence
skumskull
Sleeping Beauty Pills
skumskull

Not even GOOD FL.

Not if you only use that DAW to host other VST's, and effects that don't come with the DAW you have.

Depending on how the program handles an offline bounce, there are a few that actually leave significant artifacts.
Then you have things like a few programs cant handle certain common bit-rates or bit-depths, which also leaves things sounding "different".
On top of that very few people will even get a program only to not use any of the softsynths or effects that come with it.

Greedy Bloodsucker

skumskull
Digital Malevolence
skumskull
Sleeping Beauty Pills
skumskull

Not even GOOD FL.

Depending on how the program handles an offline bounce, there are a few that actually leave significant artifacts.
Then you have things like a few programs cant handle certain common bit-rates or bit-depths, which also leaves things sounding "different".
On top of that very few people will even get a program only to not use any of the softsynths or effects that come with it.
I prefer not using the softsynths that come with a program, I use them but usually with a lot of effects that didn't come with the DAW. It really helps your tracks stick out as being different, I don't know why more people dont do it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff