Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Prophet

7,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I'm looking for a music program that performs well with trance, trap, dubstep and all sorts of electronic music, but is user friendly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thx.
usually it's not how well the program works but how well you work with the program

Look for something and try it out!

Supreme Demigod

What kind of duds, or equipment do you have? If none, good. You save yourself from quitting this amazing journey we call music~ *insperationalbackgroundmusicplays*

Now first you'll need a mic, or a Rocksmith cable. If you don't know how to play at least one instrument half well, you're going to struggle through learning how to use your programs. Being a bandgeek finally pays off. At some point you'll need an input device, but you can get by using your keyboard until you want to get serious. Latter I'll be discussing the duds I recommend for a beginner, and some I use myself.

So now that we've talked about that, let's talk about software. I can not stress enough how important samples are. Samples are love, samples are life. Making your own cool sounds is always great, but including the sounds from catch 40's songs like C2C's, "Down the Road" or "Superstition (C2C Remix)"; these are just a few examples. You need Audacity, a free program. Its great for taking samples.

Then, to get your feet wet with EDM, go ahead and download LMMS which is also a very good free program that allot of famous artists such as Cryptex, Savant, and Skrillex [And like 50 other artists you likely know].

Once you have downloaded all that, then its time to go to youtube and type "LMMS Tutorials". Here you will spend many grueling hours learning to make wuubs. I say wuubs with two u's because I feel bass should be described in the same context as clivage. Personal interests aside, now its time to make your first song. Go get em tiger.

You'll likely be wondering about instruments, midipads, and keyboards you'll want to burn all your precious money on. First, buy a macbook pro. 1999.99$. Second don't buy a mac ******** ever, they break, shatter to s**t, never back up your files, and likely will just make you a pissed off neckbeard. I want you to enjoy you to actually impress people today, not a century from now. For Midipads I recommend the Novation Launchpad Mini for 99.00$ and for a keyboard controller I recommend a CME Xkey 25-key Mobile Keyboard Controller also starting at 99.00$.

So, you have everything you need to be the EDM monster of your town for just under 200$ and you didn't even have to buy a pair of Raybans. Sweet, but you want more wuubs? airflow?? I'm always right, so thats why youre going to want to get your hands on a copy of Reason as a "Finishing Module". Reason has a good history of quality, and the Audiophiles will want to hear your music in dazzling FLAC file clarity, using their 1999.99$ Hand Made Custom Adudez. They even come with a box to put them in when your done, and a silk cloth to clean them with. Insane right?

On other topics, invest in everything Moog, from Asheville, NC. Best Synthesizer company in the world, pricy but worth twice the money you spend on anything, and everything has a lifetime warranty I believe, so if some drunk spills his drink all over your synths you're covered. They also make the best Midi Controller, but they are about as much as a car. You only need to spend money on these if you're actually making paper that justifies paying 700$ for a single synth effect.

Bottom line summary. If you don't already have a midi controler, don't get one. Download LMMS for free and look up the tutorials on youtube. I hope my guide helps at least a little.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff