Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Smoker

3,050 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Member 100
I'll be straight up. I suck at singing. What are some FREE ways that I could improve my vocalization from home? I like just about every genre except country, and have a lot of songs written that I'd never let myself sing in front of someone because of how bad I am.
Either work with what you have or take classes
sometimes working with the singing voice you currently have can add a certain feel to songs you make with your friends if you're into that stuff♄

if you want to improve for a wider range of notes, I can't be of much help other than saying to take classes

Shapeshifter

Well, you can look up some basic drills on Youtube, but the #1 best way to improve your singing voice is, of course, to take lessons, because you have a physical person there who can listen to you sing, pick out what's wrong, and give you something specific to work on to fix it.

What do you feel is the [biggest] problem with your singing voice? Do you have problems with intonation? Is the sound quality lackluster? Is your voice too shaky?
The first is that singing effectively doesn't always mean singing louder. You may see this in amateurs, that they push their voice and raise the pitch thinking this is going to project the singing or make it sound better. The sound instead just becomes screechy and pitchy. When learning to effectively sing you need to sing from your entire body; the back muscles, the diaphragm, and the entire voice box are involved. Control is the key; you need to control your voice, the pitch, and the tone in order for it to sound better. This means not just singing "more" but controlling the vibrations that begin in the throat for a deeper, richer sound.

How to Start Singing

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces