Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beethoven Violin Sonata Final Movement... and teh Tchaicovsky Violin concerto... both eeeeekkkkk
and also the Dvorak Cello Concerto in Bminor, technically not the hardest piece in the world, although it is very hard, but musically its a bugger to get right.
ork_dork_90
lord of the rings and pirates of the carribeain

are the 2 most difficult things to play

EVER!!!!!!!

We played LOTR. It really wasn't that hard at all in my opinion. As far as POTC goes, most easy music I've seen in forever.
Deer path Dances with it's sixteenth note runs and speed,
Great locamotive chace, hard rhythms
Oh that sucks.

For a music festival we have to learn a song called "A Song for Friends" it's not too hard on the alto sax fingering up until like bar 35 but it's so slow and I have to play softly. We have to play it after a song that's completely different, a good brisk tempo.

The two songs are here, I'm playing Dimensions and A Song for Friends.
http://www.geocities.com/musicportable/MUSIC/
ork_dork_90
lord of the rings and pirates of the carribeain

are the 2 most difficult things to play

EVER!!!!!!!

Our concert band played POTC last year...a bit tricky, I suppose...or so I thought.

This year:

Ride.

Hard? Heck yes. Coolest song ever (that we've played)? Heck yes.
Paul Hindemith's Symphony in Eb minor.

It has absolutely no pattern, a zillion accidentals, and if the viola part is that hard, I feel sorry for the violinists.
and i thot greese was bad! follow the river is not all bad, but still pretty hard 2
Umiman
Lolz... I admit that nothing on the guitar can be as hard as anything that you guys play... but have any of your heard of master of puppets - metallica? Have you tried playing that?

if you do just downstrokes like james hetfield it can be a b***h for a while
For the Horn I still can't get the runs in Morceau de Concerto... pathetic of me, I know -_-. For the piano, the Minute Waltz... in only 60 seconds. Most people I know can get it in 80, but not 60. Other than the speed, though- it's not too hard.
i would say........all the sightreading songs. i play 2nd violin and our section sucks reeeeeaaally bad. we'll be going through a piece fine and we'll be the only song not playing a SINGLE NOTE.
Okay, here's the story. I'm the 2nd chair flute in the varsity band at my school, and one day, our director had us sightread a new piece. I figured no big deal biggrin (he makes us do this all the time). It was the day before winter break, so I thought it would be something easy as a joke. Pfft whee ! Yea right! He passed out the song, which was called "Till Euleinspeigel" (I think I spelled it right). It was a professional level piece. stressed After we played it, he told us that he had heard professional bands have to start over in the middle of a concert during this song! scream scream scream That was me and most of the band. It is so freakin' hard! Do not play it unless you have to!
The "Irish Suite", I've just sigt-readed it for the first time...and the teachers said they ran out of copies, since I've never been to X-period Orchestra...
It's so long...And my fingers have to fly all over the place at the beginning and the end...My fingers felt so numb after all that fingering plus the verbrato...I couldn't even hold my pencil in 2nd period Math...I was taking the post test that day, and I only ended the test on question 18...I couldn't move my pencil for like an hour that day...
emblem of freedom
I tried to get my friend to learn "On My Own" by The Used. He tried it for about a week straight, and he doesn't talk to me anymore. stare

I haven't played an instrument myself in forever, but he said he had to return his guitar all crazy to even attempt to play it.
You all fail.

Opus Clavicembalisticum, by Khaikosru Sorabji, is a real song, has been performed, exceeds four hours and three hundred pages in length, and is impossible (expecting, obviously, Yundi Li and the other performers).

This is one measure.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff